News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Election Results

Started by SGOS, November 08, 2016, 08:20:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllPurposeAtheist

I'm fixing to sell short. Bet against the American economy and you'll win. Trump may very well send us into a total depression which could spell the end of the rubes IF they don't declare opposition parties illegal first. 
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: Sal1981 on November 08, 2016, 11:34:08 PM
It would've been a done deal with Bernie Sanders.
To bad Elisabeth Warren didn't run.. Perhaps 2020 will be when it truly turns around, but I'm not about to bet on it..
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Jack89

Even though I'm not a big fan of Bernie's, I think you're probably right.

Hydra009

Quote from: Sal1981 on November 08, 2016, 11:34:08 PMIt would've been a done deal with Bernie Sanders.
Yeah.  Next time, we lead with the one who can energize the base.  Bernie would've done that.

I'm sitting with a liberal-leaning guy (who's kinda bummed that NC went red) and listening to a podcast with 4 liberals and I'm the only one out of the six who actually voted for the Dem nominee.

Open palm, insert face.

Hydra009

I started today with Netflix and chill and ended it with CNN and skyhigh blood pressure.

GrinningYMIR

did you at least get laid?
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

Hydra009

I literally fell asleep.  I wasn't aware of the innuendo until it was already a part of my vocabulary.

Hijiri Byakuren

Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Atheon

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on November 08, 2016, 11:42:30 PM
To bad Elisabeth Warren didn't run.. Perhaps 2020 will be when it truly turns around, but I'm not about to bet on it..
You're assuming there will be a 2020 election.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Atheon

I'm here in Taiwan watching this. Now I'm seriously considering becoming Taiwanese. But I may become British first. I was planning to go back to America next summer, but I don't know how I can now.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Poison Tree

I don't think so. If you look at the groups Clinton 2016 has under preformed with vs Obama 2012 (whites without college degrees, African Americans, Hispanics), she out preformed Sanders with those groups in the primaries. It's true Sanders may have prevented as many younger voters from going 3rd party, but I don't think that would be enough.
Sanders may have won. Clinton may have won if the FBI didn't pop back up or if she focused more money on swing states instead of "expanding the map" or if better quality democratic candidates had run down ballot (many assumed it would be a Republican year and sat the primaries, some what similar to 1992). But we can never know how counterfactuals would have played out.
"Observe that noses were made to wear spectacles; and so we have spectacles. Legs were visibly instituted to be breeched, and we have breeches" Voltaire�s Candide

Solomon Zorn

Looks like they will have the House, the Senate and the Supreme Court as well.

Hillary needs to get the fuck out of politics now. She lost to the scum of the Earth. Nothing left but shame for her politically. I know I'm done with her.
If God Exists, Why Does He Pretend Not to Exist?
Poetry and Proverbs of the Uneducated Hick

http://www.solomonzorn.com

Draconic Aiur

Trump 244 and Hilary 214 now.

Racist Sexist president here we go.

Shiranu

I think Sanders would have lost even worse, and that is coming from someone who supported him. I just don't think he had... something... To go against trump.

Joe Biden not running is the biggest tragedy of this election. He was polling amazing against everyone, and he wasn't even in it.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur