News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Election Results

Started by SGOS, November 08, 2016, 08:20:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SGOS

Global markets are down.  Futures markets on Dow predicting 500 drop tomorrow morning.  Someone just said, we might see it snap back.

What a zoo.

SGOS

Trump supporters guesting on the panel showing a noticeably higher degree of animation and confidence in last half hour, obviously happy to have an opportunity to explain why Trump is looking so good at this time.

Hydra009

Trump gets Ohio.  Dammit.

Shiranu

Doing the math, trump has 244 votes more or less secured at this point.

Holy fuck.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Nonsensei

This is over. Get ready for president Trump and four years we absolutely can't afford as a nation.
And on the wings of a dream so far beyond reality
All alone in desperation now the time has come
Lost inside you'll never find, lost within my own mind
Day after day this misery must go on

SGOS

Panel now shifting to a discussion attempting to explain why things are not looking good for Clinton at this time.  Early on, they had mentioned how closely polls have reported actual wins.  I know people always say polls don't mean anything, but that has never been my actual experience over the years.  Now the panel is calling this election new territory as far as polling accuracy goes.

Ohio goes Trump
Virginia goes Clinton
Florida grim for Clinton with 99% of the vote in.

SGOS

Quote from: Shiranu on November 08, 2016, 10:41:15 PM
Doing the math, trump has 244 votes more or less secured at this point.

Holy fuck.

You source is ahead of mine.  I'm still at 168.  These reports are all over the map.

Nonsensei

Quote from: SGOS on November 08, 2016, 10:44:15 PM
Panel now shifting to a discussion attempting to explain why things are not looking good for Clinton at this time.  Early on, they had mentioned how closely polls have reported actual wins.  I know people always say polls don't mean anything, but that has never been my actual experience over the years.  Now the panel is calling this election new territory as far as polling accuracy goes.

Ohio goes Trump
Virginia goes Clinton
Florida grim for Clinton with 99% of the vote in.

Florida has been lost for hours. I'm not sure why they refuse to call it. Trump is going to win Florida, Ohio and Michigan. Its completely over. Really, it was over the instant Trump pulled ahead in Ohio.
And on the wings of a dream so far beyond reality
All alone in desperation now the time has come
Lost inside you'll never find, lost within my own mind
Day after day this misery must go on

SGOS

Quote from: Nonsensei on November 08, 2016, 10:48:19 PM
Florida has been lost for hours. I'm not sure why they refuse to call it. Trump is going to win Florida, Ohio and Michigan. Its completely over. Really, it was over the instant Trump pulled ahead in Ohio.

That's what I've been thinking.  I've got to check Michigan.  They keep saying Clinton still has a chance, but it now depends on winning more and more of the left overs, the ones that were considered in the bag or in contention at the beginning of this.

SGOS

The dial shows Michigan heavily leaning Trump, but only 48% of the vote in.  But the electoral votes are still stuck at 168 on the site I'm using to keep track.  I might be getting late information.

Shiranu

Quote from: SGOS on November 08, 2016, 10:47:11 PM
You source is ahead of mine.  I'm still at 168.  These reports are all over the map.

That was adding states like NC and GA that are guaranteed trump + Florida which just officially fell.

Just guessing, based on region... But my gut has been right all night. Welcome to Trump's America... I'm glad I had my last name changed when I was adopted, even if it is still a foreign name... At least it's not "terrorist" anymore...
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Shiranu

Looking over the numbers one last time before I take a break, it's going to come down to the wire.

SGOS

Quote from: Shiranu on November 08, 2016, 11:01:13 PM
That was adding states like NC and GA that are guaranteed trump + Florida which just officially fell.

Just guessing, based on region... But my gut has been right all night. Welcome to Trump's America... I'm glad I had my last name changed when I was adopted, even if it is still a foreign name... At least it's not "terrorist" anymore...

Dials now showing Trump to win, predicting over 300 electoral votes.  The readout at the top of the page I've been using is probably actual electoral votes counted and is still around 200.

Now they are saying Trump's success is going to prevent Democrats from taking the senate.

Hurt

I hesitate to put this out there. If Trump wins, democrats have no one to blame but themselves. They pushed a horrible candidate on the people and expected them to fall in line. Going so far as to stack the deck during the primary, where candidates are supposed to be weeded out. They propped up a loser and god dammit, they got what they deserved.

Learn a fucking lesson and listen to the people. We don't want your trash because you think it's her turn. Fuck you, we deserve better.
Cui Bono

Sal1981

Quote from: Hurt on November 08, 2016, 11:32:04 PM
I hesitate to put this out there. If Trump wins, democrats have no one to blame but themselves. They pushed a horrible candidate on the people and expected them to fall in line. Going so far as to stack the deck during the primary, where candidates are supposed to be weeded out. They propped up a loser and god dammit, they got what they deserved.

Learn a fucking lesson and listen to the people. We don't want your trash because you think it's her turn. Fuck you, we deserve better.
It would've been a done deal with Bernie Sanders.