News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Election Results

Started by SGOS, November 08, 2016, 08:20:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SGOS

At the top of my yahoo mail page, there is a box streaming (NBC I think), you can stream it full screen, and it's uninterrupted.  No commercial breaks.  Katie Couric is hosting.  The full screen is unusually high definition on my DSL connection.  It's middle of the road commentary, and the election results are just starting to come in.  Right now it's some West Virginia coal miner and an evangelical at the round table, but the table changes to other types.  Seems to be well Represented.

If anyone is streaming something that seems promising, I'd like to check it out for some variety.  I could make it through the night on this yahoo link (I usually don't like much anything about yahoo, but this seems OK).

I found another election results site that overwhelmed me with so many charts, tables, moving dials, and links to information, then I would spend the next 3 hours just trying to figure out what they are telling me.  The moving analog pointers are nice, but they aren't saying a lot to me yet.  I got bored with them after 4 minutes.

SGOS

Oh Shit.  Now Anne Coulter is on the panel.

OK, she's gone.  It was an offsite appearance. She was not part of the panel.  Now they're all shitting on her.

chill98

Maybe not quite what you're looking for (but 17K are watching it live):

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Found-Animals-Foundation/72998081273

SGOS

Quote from: chill98 on November 08, 2016, 08:44:15 PM
Maybe not quite what you're looking for (but 17K are watching it live):

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Found-Animals-Foundation/72998081273

That's helpful.  Well for the variety, anyway.

SGOS

Trump so far has been dominating unofficial election reports in the east so far.

Hijiri Byakuren

Pretty close, but there's a better-than-50% chance that Donald Duck could defeat Shillary, based on early results.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

SGOS

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on November 08, 2016, 09:06:40 PM
Pretty close, but there's a better-than-50% chance that Donald Duck could defeat Shillary, based on early results.

Yeah, I know.  I've seen this before several times when it starts out looking like a total blowout, and the next morning, the other guy won.

SGOS

9:16 (est) PM  Projections

Clinton  97
Trump 130

AllPurposeAtheist

This has me very nervous.  I don't want to live on this planet anymore and if we have Trump in the wh and the senate falls we're fucked.
Hell, maybe he'll start ww3 and we won't have to worry about it.
Another scenario is he completely fucks the economy, starts another pointless war and republicans are sent to the wilderness for another 50 years.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

SGOS

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on November 08, 2016, 09:16:11 PM
This has me very nervous.  I don't want to live on this planet anymore and if we have Trump in the wh and the senate falls we're fucked.
Hell, maybe he'll start ww3 and we won't have to worry about it.
Another scenario is he completely fucks the economy, starts another pointless war and republicans are sent to the wilderness for another 50 years.

This is closer at this point than I would have guessed.  Basically it's tossup right now, although the western states haven't reported a thing.

Hydra009

MFW watching NC results:

With 55% reporting, ~50% Trump to 47.5% Clinton

SGOS

Panel member in contact with Florida Democrats, announces a shift that is not looking good for Clinton in that state at this time.

SGOS

Quote from: Hydra009 on November 08, 2016, 09:47:18 PM
MFW watching NC results:

Good graphic.  I love that movie.

SGOS

Quote from: Hydra009 on November 08, 2016, 09:47:18 PM
MFW watching NC results:

In your neighbor state of Virginia, one site reports Hillary finally edging ahead on votes counted, but oddly the dial predicting a win has swung wildly to Trump.  It's still in the tossup range on the dial, but a half hour ago, it was solidly Clinton.

SGOS

Montana calls Trump.  No big surprise, but it's only 3 electoral votes.