I'm assuming HRC has her marching orders by now

Started by Hurt, November 06, 2016, 05:25:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hurt

Assuming they have it. I agree, if they have it, release it. I don't want that ass hat or Clinton as president.
Cui Bono

Atheon

Quote from: Atheon on November 06, 2016, 09:02:34 PMI'd like to hear from a Clinton supporter about what good she will do for the country and the citizens.
Supreme Court appointments: keeping the SC from being majority right wing.
Preserving reproductive rights.
Preserving church/state separation. (This should be a primary issue to any atheist.)
Fighting climate change and protecting the environment.
Preserving, fixing and improving the ACA.
Fighting against bigotry instead of fomenting it.
Campaign finance reform.
Not building a wall.

Not being an insane, corrupt, bigoted, violence-provoking, narcissistic, lying, religious-right-ass-kissing, extreme-right, neo-fascist dictator-wannabe like Trump whose presidency would utterly destroy America, turning it into a third-world right-wing cesspool, and causing damage worldwide.

Hell, here is a list: https://www.hillaryclinton.com/issues/

Are you an atheist? Trump is in league with the Religious Right, which should be of grave concern for atheists. Why an atheist would vote to hand the reins of power to the Religious Right is beyond me. If Trump wins, the Religious Right wins, and you really don't want that.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Hurt

"Supreme Court appointments: keeping the SC from being majority right wing."
--Republicans have already claimed they will block any of her nominees, even if she were to go moderate. She will make a deal and nominate center-right and everyone will make a show of it. In the end, the court leans right.

--I think she may be secretly against it. See below. I think her compromise of a SC nominee will be against it and rule that way.

Preserving church/state separation.
--She is a believer who I believe will do nothing of the sort: http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2007/09/hillarys-prayer-hillary-clintons-religion-and-politics

--She will ensure fracking continues to grow and will do everything she can to export it.

--Preserving, yes. Fixing, only for the insurance industries the ACA benefits.

--Some, racial and religious, not so much of gay rights.

Campaign finance reform.
--Hell no, a broken system got her where she is.

Not building a wall.
--True, slave labor will always benefit those corporations who do not want to abide by fair labor practices.

Not being an insane, corrupt, bigoted, violence-provoking, narcissistic, lying, religious-right-ass-kissing, extreme-right, neo-fascist dictator-wannabe like Trump whose presidency would utterly destroy America, turning it into a third-world right-wing cesspool, and causing damage worldwide.
--I don't give in to scare tactics.

That is all for tonight, alcohol is calling :-)
Cui Bono

Baruch

I love atheists who claim that Trump is the anti-Christ ... because as a Jew, I could vote for that ;-)

Liberals differ from Conservatives, only in which fanatics they want to enact their tyranny thru.  This is why I am an I, not a D, not an R.  Though I am starting to think that I should have been an L all along, and be in favor of the dictatorship of L, not any other damn letter ... and FEMA camp all the rest of you ... for psychological evaluation.  See, L tyranny is the one and only true tyranny ... bwahah.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Jason78

Quote from: Atheon on November 06, 2016, 09:12:20 PM
Supreme Court appointments: keeping the SC from being majority right wing.
Preserving church/state separation. (This should be a primary issue to any atheist.)
Campaign finance reform.
Not building a wall.

Hell, here is a list: https://www.hillaryclinton.com/issues/

Are you an atheist? Trump is in league with the Religious Right, which should be of grave concern for atheists. Why an atheist would vote to hand the reins of power to the Religious Right is beyond me. If Trump wins, the Religious Right wins, and you really don't want that.

From my perspective, you're screwed either way.   Neither candidate is the good choice America deserves.
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on November 07, 2016, 07:41:30 AM
But, hurt!

Butt hurt ... where are the grammar Nazis when you need them?

Can't wait for the film from Fantasy Island (plutocrat pedophilia) the Bill and Hillary front and center.  Should make for a nice impeachment.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Baruch on November 07, 2016, 12:40:21 PM
Butt hurt ... where are the grammar Nazis when you need them?

Can't wait for the film from Fantasy Island (plutocrat pedophilia) the Bill and Hillary front and center.  Should make for a nice impeachment.
I can't wait for the constitutional scholars to point out that impeachment is just arraignment, not a conviction.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Hurt

I am an atheist and I think Hillary is more of a believer than "two corinthians" Trump. I agree that they are both horrible choices but I think they will be equally horrible for the county/world.

We're "forked" for the next four-eight years regardless.

-Butt Hurt

I may use that :-)

Cui Bono

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on November 07, 2016, 12:45:04 PM
I can't wait for the constitutional scholars to point out that impeachment is just arraignment, not a conviction.

Yes, you folks would vote for anyone under indictment ;-)  Provided they aren't convicted of course ;-))  This is what happens when you build a country from European pond scum.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Hurt on November 07, 2016, 06:23:00 PM
I am an atheist and I think Hillary is more of a believer than "two corinthians" Trump. I agree that they are both horrible choices but I think they will be equally horrible for the county/world.

We're "forked" for the next four-eight years regardless.

-Butt Hurt

I may use that :-)
We are fucked to the max if...................Trump wins.  HRC will make at least a decent president.  Keep in mind that there has never been, and most likely will never be, a perfect president.  All had clay feet and did things I found troubling.  But the most that can be said about HRC is that all of the hoopla about her dishonesty and scandals are mostly smoke and mirrors.  And she has held up under 30 yrs. of close scrutiny.  Most of the angst about her is simply that she is a strong woman.  If she were a man, much of what this country finds troubling about her would be be excused, if not applauded, as being the acts of a strong man.  This country has a huge case of the hates for strong women.  We are well past the time to get over that.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Mata Hari was a strong woman.  Do you have a fetish for women bodybuilders?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Baruch on November 07, 2016, 06:45:52 PM
Mata Hari was a strong woman.  Do you have a fetish for women bodybuilders?
Really?  I don't know that Mata Hari was strong or weak.  Don't really care.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on November 07, 2016, 06:48:48 PM
Really?  I don't know that Mata Hari was strong or weak.  Don't really care.

She could make a man tell her all his secrets ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hurt

Quote from: Mike Cl on November 07, 2016, 06:42:45 PM
We are fucked to the max if...................Trump wins.  HRC will make at least a decent president.  Keep in mind that there has never been, and most likely will never be, a perfect president.  All had clay feet and did things I found troubling.  But the most that can be said about HRC is that all of the hoopla about her dishonesty and scandals are mostly smoke and mirrors.  And she has held up under 30 yrs. of close scrutiny.  Most of the angst about her is simply that she is a strong woman.  If she were a man, much of what this country finds troubling about her would be be excused, if not applauded, as being the acts of a strong man.  This country has a huge case of the hates for strong women.  We are well past the time to get over that.

I take Clinton at her word when she said she will be continuing Obama's presidency. He was friendly with wall street, health insurance companies, corporations who wanted to ship jobs overseas, expanded oil drilling, expand fracking, didn't find a pipeline he didn't like (after years of back and forth finally put a temporary stop to the forth phase of the keystone xl, other pipelines have been approved) ass load of drone strikes killing thousands of innocent civilians. I think she will do the same things because she answers to the same people, and those people are not you and me.

I fucking hate Trump and most of what the republicans have come to stand for.

If we all voted our conscience we wouldn't have to choose between two horrendous people.
Cui Bono