News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

I had a dream last nigh...

Started by widdershins, November 04, 2016, 01:17:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

widdershins

and it fit like OJ's glove...

It was actually 2 nights ago, but I like the song, so deal with the title.

It was election night and it was CLOSE!  I'm sitting in front of the TV with the wife, glued to the coverage.  It starts to look like Trump might actually win.  It is looking bad, but there's still hope.  As the night wears on the news gets worse and worse and my hope slowly fades as it becomes more and more certain Trump is going to be the next president.  The really crappy thing is that the dream was very realistic.  I actually slowly lost hope as the night went on and felt what I believe I would feel if it were to really happen, which I had actually not considered before that dream.  It kinda sucked.
This sentence is a lie...

Baruch

Sorry, stop eating strawberries before retiring for the night.  The CIA is just trying to give America a coronary.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

It's all Kabuki theater - the billionaires will always win every election we hold.

But then, I'm a bit of a cynic...
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Munch

Quote from: Baruch on November 04, 2016, 08:25:28 PM
Sorry, stop eating strawberries before retiring for the night.  The CIA is just trying to give America a coronary.

what about cheese and grapes? I can understand chem trails being used with joker toxins, but milk?
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Atheon

That's not a dream, it's a nightmare by any measure!

Let's hope that night mare doesn't become reality!
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

aitm

I dreamt about hitting the lotto and buying a 54' 1956 Chris craft Constellation with the company of one lil hottie that wanted nothing more than to pleasure me….albeit with the payment of 100,000 for a week, none-the-less,,,,,your dreams suck.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

widdershins

Quote from: Atheon on November 05, 2016, 06:19:58 PM
That's not a dream, it's a nightmare by any measure!

Let's hope that night mare doesn't become reality!
It wasn't until this dream that I realized just how I would feel if that happened.  I hadn't realized how depressing it would be.

It's not going to happen, though.  The polls are misleading and hyped to generate buzz and get people watching.  Yeah, the poll difference is in the single digits, but when you look at the projected electoral votes worst case Hillary is near 270 with Trump trailing by almost 100 and dozens of states too close to call.  The one map I saw had Hillary at something like 272 or 274, Trump in the 180s and 76 toss up states.  Even the worst numbers I heard for Hillary were 268 electoral votes.  There's no way she doesn't pick up at least 2 points from toss up states.

That being said, GET OUT AND VOTE!  Those numbers change instantly the moment people start saying, "She's got it in the bag.  She doesn't need me."

Interestingly, I've talked to 2 older people in the last couple of days about the election and both are voting, neither one for president.  The Republican misinformation machine is working overtime for Hillary, but when their candidate is so vile that even Republicans can't back him they're left just thinking everyone is crap.

Cavebear

Quote from: widdershins on November 07, 2016, 04:17:15 PM
It wasn't until this dream that I realized just how I would feel if that happened.  I hadn't realized how depressing it would be.

It's not going to happen, though.  The polls are misleading and hyped to generate buzz and get people watching.  Yeah, the poll difference is in the single digits, but when you look at the projected electoral votes worst case Hillary is near 270 with Trump trailing by almost 100 and dozens of states too close to call.  The one map I saw had Hillary at something like 272 or 274, Trump in the 180s and 76 toss up states.  Even the worst numbers I heard for Hillary were 268 electoral votes.  There's no way she doesn't pick up at least 2 points from toss up states.

That being said, GET OUT AND VOTE!  Those numbers change instantly the moment people start saying, "She's got it in the bag.  She doesn't need me."

Interestingly, I've talked to 2 older people in the last couple of days about the election and both are voting, neither one for president.  The Republican misinformation machine is working overtime for Hillary, but when their candidate is so vile that even Republicans can't back him they're left just thinking everyone is crap.

And being so wrong is the hardest part, isn't it?
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

widdershins

Quote from: Cavebear on November 09, 2016, 08:44:01 AM
And being so wrong is the hardest part, isn't it?
Not really.  Living the dream again, but this time for real, and throwing in the Senate to boot is the hardest part.  But at least there is a huge movement toward marijuana legalization, so maybe in a few years I can just get high and forget about it for a bit.

drunkenshoe

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Cavebear

It is all over now.  Trump REALLY is the next US President...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

widdershins

Quote from: drunkenshoe on November 09, 2016, 10:14:49 AM
widdershins, did you vote?
Of course I did.  Someone concerned enough about the political atmosphere to be having dreams like that is certainly concerned enough to vote.  And I voted for Hillary, in case that was your next question, not to "vote against Trump" but because I honestly thought her to be the best candidate on the ballot.

Hydra009

Quote from: widdershins on November 04, 2016, 01:17:45 PMIt was election night and it was CLOSE!  I'm sitting in front of the TV with the wife, glued to the coverage.  It starts to look like Trump might actually win.  It is looking bad, but there's still hope.  As the night wears on the news gets worse and worse and my hope slowly fades as it becomes more and more certain Trump is going to be the next president.
This is eerily similar to what actually happened.  Had you posted this on a religious forum prior to the election, you might've been hailed as a prophet.

Absurd Atheist

ALL HAIL PROPHET WIDDERSHINS! Please tell us what we must do now...
"To have faith is to lose your mind and to win God."
-The Sickness unto Death - 1849

widdershins

I would also like to point out that somewhere around here I posted yesterday that California wouldn't secede and today I see an article that they're talking about it.  I predicted it wouldn't happen even before I heard it might happen.

To be fair, though, when I was awake I thought Hillary had it in the bag.  I'm not in one of those legal weed states where I can get into "the right mindset" to activate my powers, so unfortunately I just have to wait for the next dream that seems stupid and post it.