News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Opportunity to help other atheists

Started by domkzyl, November 04, 2016, 11:57:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

domkzyl

Quote from: PickelledEggs on November 22, 2016, 02:28:07 PM
I'm against rape. And ever since god raped Mary, I felt like he was a bad dude. So that's why I'm an atheist.

All kidding aside, welcome, if you are actually here to stay and not here solely to advertise your case study

lol. yes I am here to stay. dunno why i didnt join sooner to be honest

domkzyl

Quote from: kilodelta on November 22, 2016, 03:54:55 PM
I'd have my doubts as well: "The mission of Chestnut Hill College is to provide students with holistic education in an inclusive Catholic community marked by academic excellence, shared responsibility, personal and professional growth, service to one another and to the global community, and concern for the Earth."

But, the OP seems a bit up front with most everything. If anyone is considering participation, I would request a list of interview questions, a thesis statement, and the intended location of published materials (journal or whatever).

Hi.

domkzyl

Quote from: trdsf on November 22, 2016, 07:18:12 PM
You'll understand that there's a certain skepticism about research on atheists being done by/at a Roman Catholic college.  Best of luck with it, but I feel obliged to decline just on that basis.

I don't know if this helps but I am an atheist and have chosen this topic specifically because of my experiences and my desire to help atheists, especially those who do have religious families or live in religious states.

This research is meant to benefit atheists as a whole, not just study them like lab rats.

domkzyl

Quote from: trdsf on November 22, 2016, 07:18:12 PM
You'll understand that there's a certain skepticism about research on atheists being done by/at a Roman Catholic college.  Best of luck with it, but I feel obliged to decline just on that basis.

I don't know if this changes anything but I am atheist and chose this dissertation specifically because of my own experiences with atheism and my desire to help the atheist population.

Despite going to a catholic school, there is no religious agenda here.

The study is not just using atheists as lab rats or case studies, the information gained will be shared with therapists so that they may provide culturally competent care to those atheists who seek mental health services.

Cavebear

Quote from: domkzyl on November 27, 2016, 04:03:10 AM
I don't know if this changes anything but I am atheist and chose this dissertation specifically because of my own experiences with atheism and my desire to help the atheist population.

The study is not just using atheists as lab rats or case studies, the information gained will be shared with therapists so that they may provide culturally competent care to those atheists who seek mental health services.

I'm perfectly willing to tell you almost anything you want to know about me as an atheist.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: domkzyl on November 27, 2016, 04:03:10 AM

The idea of being cultural sensitive during therapy, is interesting.  As long as it isn't condescending or just another tool of conversion.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.