News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Together we share ours dreams

Started by viocjit, November 01, 2016, 07:43:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

viocjit

I created this topic because I'd like to share with you some of my dreams and vice versa.

Five dreams that I'd like to realise (Importance order) :
1.I want to become rich. I'd like to own some millions of Euros or more.
I prefer to own billions of Euros but some millions is sufficient for someone like me because I don't want to buy expensive things such a manor , expensive clothes , yacht etc...
If I can win some billions it would be better than win some millions because more money = more business opportunities.

2.Create my own business.
Why not found a business if I can do it ?
If I can do it I'll maybe have the opportunity to create a trading empire to bring me money.

3.Being fluent in many languages.
If I can become fluent in many languages it would be possible to speak to people in theirs native language. Speak to anyone in his native language = Better social interactions.

4.Learn more science. More science = more knowledge and better understanding of things.

5.Obtain my driving license to drive cars. It's the easier of my five goals to reach even if it is not easy. I think I must to accomplish this one first.

Baruch

Where ever you are in your life, my dream is for many folks to improve on that.  This is difficult given the chaotic nature of society and the attention deficit of the wisher.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: viocjit on November 01, 2016, 07:43:02 PM
I created this topic because I'd like to share with you some of my dreams and vice versa.

Five dreams that I'd like to realise (Importance order) :
1.I want to become rich. I'd like to own some millions of Euros or more.
I prefer to own billions of Euros but some millions is sufficient for someone like me because I don't want to buy expensive things such a manor , expensive clothes , yacht etc...
If I can win some billions it would be better than win some millions because more money = more business opportunities.

2.Create my own business.
Why not found a business if I can do it ?
If I can do it I'll maybe have the opportunity to create a trading empire to bring me money.

3.Being fluent in many languages.
If I can become fluent in many languages it would be possible to speak to people in theirs native language. Speak to anyone in his native language = Better social interactions.

4.Learn more science. More science = more knowledge and better understanding of things.

5.Obtain my driving license to drive cars. It's the easier of my five goals to reach even if it is not easy. I think I must to accomplish this one first.

I would suggest reversing your list...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on November 03, 2016, 03:06:31 AM

If one is on the bottom of society, there is no place to go, but up ;-)  So maybe the list is right side up, for an upside down person?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Sal1981

1. Save enough money to buy a house/condo/apartment/whatever with a sizeable down payment (minimum 20%) to get a good loan deal for the remainder. I hate not owning my own place and only renting.
2. Lose more weight. I've lost 15kg, but I want to lose another 20kg. More of a longterm goal and it means setting some realistic changes to my diet and/or exercise. Eat less, basically.
3. Tied with #2.; taper down my psych meds even more, and try and wean them off completely, since they're a source of a huge appetite and regrettable side effects. It's already low dosage, I'll see if I can be off them completely - if not, tough luck and I'll just have to learn to live with it, but at least try without them.
4. Drink less. I already only drink socially, but too many nights out during the week.
5. Get back in school and finish my engineering degree, in CS. Although I already work in a Gymnasium, my job is rather lackluster.
6. Take up painting again.

viocjit

Quote from: Cavebear on November 03, 2016, 03:06:31 AM

It is not a list of goals to accomplish in a particular order.

Cavebear

Quote from: viocjit on November 05, 2016, 10:11:05 PM
It is not a list of goals to accomplish in a particular order.

You said "Five dreams that I'd like to realise (Importance order):"  Are you routinely that changeable?  Do you often deny what you said previously?

Shiranu

Eh, why not.

Actually, this list is much harder than I thought it would be. Hmmm.

- I just want to be positive and happy. I understand why there is such an emphasis on being successful, on having possessions,to be rich... that's just not something I want any more. I have had periods where I can afford basically anything I want and periods where I have struggled to eat... and neither brought me any closer to happiness. Being surrounded by people I enjoy or on the flip side just driving across country, or even just walking in the woods or floating down the river, have been infinitely more enjoyable than buying stuff.

- I would like to leave the world a better place than when I entered it. Even if it's the small things, like asking a customer how their day is and giving them an honest smile rather than a cashier's mask... I want to interact with people in a positive way that makes their day better. Or if someone needs help, needs a favour, wants a day off... if I can make someone else's day easier, then that is what is important to me.

I guess that's really about it. The only other "dream" I suppose has to do with kind-hearted supermodels, but that one is perhaps a bit less realistic.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Cavebear

Quote from: Shiranu on November 06, 2016, 01:12:41 AM
Eh, why not.

Actually, this list is much harder than I thought it would be. Hmmm.

- I just want to be positive and happy. I understand why there is such an emphasis on being successful, on having possessions,to be rich... that's just not something I want any more. I have had periods where I can afford basically anything I want and periods where I have struggled to eat... and neither brought me any closer to happiness. Being surrounded by people I enjoy or on the flip side just driving across country, or even just walking in the woods or floating down the river, have been infinitely more enjoyable than buying stuff.

- I would like to leave the world a better place than when I entered it. Even if it's the small things, like asking a customer how their day is and giving them an honest smile rather than a cashier's mask... I want to interact with people in a positive way that makes their day better. Or if someone needs help, needs a favour, wants a day off... if I can make someone else's day easier, then that is what is important to me.

I guess that's really about it. The only other "dream" I suppose has to do with kind-hearted supermodels, but that one is perhaps a bit less realistic.

I don't really care about leaving the world a "better place".  I can't.  It's too large.  I WILL leave my little property better than it was, my friends a little happier, and the yard as organic as possible for the birds, butterflies, and minor mammals.  If a neighbor asks for help, I give it.  I feed the local birds.  I have hummingbirds that live in the yard and I suspect I have 15 generations of them returning here.  I have a natural population of beneficial insects. 

You do what you can. 

Shiranu

QuoteI don't really care about leaving the world a "better place".  I can't.  It's too large.  I WILL leave my little property better than it was, my friends a little happier, and the yard as organic as possible for the birds, butterflies, and minor mammals.  If a neighbor asks for help, I give it.  I feed the local birds.  I have hummingbirds that live in the yard and I suspect I have 15 generations of them returning here.  I have a natural population of beneficial insects. 

You do what you can.

All of that is, in itself, leaving the world a better place.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Cavebear

Quote from: Shiranu on November 06, 2016, 01:56:25 AM
All of that is, in itself, leaving the world a better place.

Thank you.

widdershins

I actually knew someone who won millions in the lottery.  It's not as nice as you might think.  She's completely broke now.  She got divorced shortly after winning.  Her kids are freaks and assholes with no social skills.  Person after person, friend after friend convinced her to invest in this or that.  She never saw a dime of return.  She made dumb investments and even dumber purchases.  She "bought" a cabin by the lake where she had to pay $2,000/month rent on the land.  That's about 4x the average house rent here for something you DON'T own.  Her boyfriend was busted making meth there, so it was taken.  Her entire family immediately got a "better than you" attitude and became completely dysfunctional.

From what I understand this is a pretty average story for lottery winners.  That's why the wife and I have a plan if we (by that I mean "she".  I played once.  I lost) ever win.  We will give each family member specific amounts, going out a specific distance in relatives and that's all we give up.  Any investing will be done in the stock market or with an investment firm, not someone's "brilliant" idea which they can't tell us about because it's so good that if anyone ever found out about it the idea would be stolen (a real thing this woman invested in).  Pay for college for all the kids outright, with an allowance.  Then make sure what we have in cash and assets always goes up, never down after that.
This sentence is a lie...

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Cavebear on November 06, 2016, 01:40:34 AM
I don't really care about leaving the world a "better place".  I can't.  It's too large.  I WILL leave my little property better than it was, my friends a little happier, and the yard as organic as possible for the birds, butterflies, and minor mammals.  If a neighbor asks for help, I give it.  I feed the local birds.  I have hummingbirds that live in the yard and I suspect I have 15 generations of them returning here.  I have a natural population of beneficial insects. 

You do what you can.
Yeah, I can relate to that.  I do what I can and I easily live with that.  Too bad we live 3,000 miles away from each other.  I'd like to hammer you in a game of Feudal.  :))
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Munch

Quote from: Cavebear on November 06, 2016, 01:40:34 AM

You do what you can.

I feel that in not having any kids myself I'm doing the world a favor by not making more human beings to clog the drain. That said, I know even for those not making more spawns of themselves, the next five families will make 10 more kids, and the multiplications just keep adding up.

Sometimes I just think looking at things in a nihilistic way isn't so bad, just thinking of the sun will one day erupt like all others, and our solar system will be snuffed out, just for a new one to be formed and life starting elsewhere in the universe.

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin