News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Handcuffs for Hillary

Started by chill98, October 30, 2016, 03:09:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chill98

Quote from: SGOS on November 07, 2016, 08:29:18 AM
How do you write an algorithm in 3 days, to search 65,000 emails that will produce a small enough amount of stuff to look at, so you can close the investigation and make an announcement in two days?
1st.  650,000 emails

2nd.  Not worry about if it works as advertised.

Hydra009

Quote from: chill98 on November 06, 2016, 07:59:19 PM
twitter comment:

It took the FBI 1 1/3 years to review 55,000 Clinton emails.

Now they say it took 9 days to review 650,000 more.
I saw this earlier and was amazed at the idiocy of it.  I doubted that any reasonably intelligent person would take that argument seriously.  So far, I have yet to be proven wrong.

chill98

Quote from: Hydra009 on November 07, 2016, 08:13:57 PM
I saw this earlier and was amazed at the idiocy of it.  I doubted that any reasonably intelligent person would take that argument seriously.  So far, I have yet to be proven wrong.
Apples and oranges.
1. FBI had those tools 1 1/2 years ago and it took 1.33 years to analyze 55K emails
2. Of the 650K emails even if 100% of the 55K emails were there, that is still 595K NONE DUPE emails that have to be analyzed.

From your link:

According to multiple media reports, the vast majority of emails the FBI examined over the last week were, in fact, duplicates.

Duplicates of WHAT?  Hillary only turned over / fbi recovered approx 55K emails for the July get-out-of-jail-free episode of Our Government At Work. 

Baruch

Works as advertised?  You must be a satisfied customer of that great product from Microsoft .. Bob?  The one that caused Bill Gates to marry the program manager of that product?  Nobody liked Bob ... but I hope he and Melissa are very happy.  She may be an actual philanthropist, unlike the Clintons.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Quote from: chill98 on November 07, 2016, 08:48:13 PMAccording to multiple media reports, the vast majority of emails the FBI examined over the last week were, in fact, duplicates.
Quoted the part you got right.

Btw, a lot of your "questions" would be answered if you had the forbearance to read the article in its entirety.  For example, the reason why not all non-dupes have to be manually examined.  I'll give you a hint:  Simple filtering by “to:” or “from:” could cut out hundreds of thousands of messages.

chill98

Quote from: Hydra009 on November 07, 2016, 10:55:12 PM
Quoted the part you got right.

Btw, a lot of your "questions" would be answered if you had the forbearance to read the article in its entirety.  For example, the reason why not all non-dupes have to be manually examined.  I'll give you a hint:  Simple filtering by “to:” or “from:” could cut out hundreds of thousands of messages.

simple filtering via to from is different than dups. 

I (and you) have no idea how many to/from were excluded via From: Weiner To: TittiesRus (example only)

You have your reasons for appreciation of the FBI 'stellar' work in the matter.

Excluding dups does not answer the question of Did Huma forward/back up classified info onto ANOTHER unsecure computer.  She may have.  It does not answer if someone copied classified data onto a throw away (google/yahoo) account to send to someone unrelated to clinton via screen print (another way to twart text scans). 

I am skeptical of the work being 'stellar'.  I do think there was a LOT of behind the scenes political pressure - starting long before the 650K info - to sweep these events under the carpet. 

Johan

Quote from: chill98 on November 07, 2016, 08:48:13 PM

2. Of the 650K emails even if 100% of the 55K emails were there, that is still 595K NONE DUPE emails that have to be analyzed.

Correct, they have to be analyzed. And the very first thing that needs to be analyzed is whether or not its an email that came from Hilary or that Hilary was included in. That simple search of the header of each message for Hilary's address would take a computer (remember we talked about those and how amazing they are?) no more than a few minutes to complete. They're investigating Hilary here. If we're talking about a message that was sent from the cock photographer to one his teen aged targets, i.e. Hilary's address isn't in the header, then that message isn't Hilary's email nor would it have ANYTHING to do with her email. So why do they need to read it in connection with an investigation into Hilary's email? They don't. Why is that so hard for you to understand?

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

Baruch

I don't think that is what he meant.  Huma and Weiner may be in trouble, not St Hillary.  And if Huma turns state's evidence, that might be bad for Hillary (who is already working on her campaign to be the first woman Pope).

The fact that classified email got onto Weiner's laptop, is criminal, even if it is a duplicate ... but Huma may have put it there, not Hillary.  The header isn't enough, you have to look at the metadata.  I doubt very much that Hillary put anything on Weiner's laptop.  The break in the election was thru Podesta's emails, not Hillary's.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

We do have a new baseline for "snipe hunt" now. That's the one benefit from all this.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Hydra009

Quote from: chill98 on November 08, 2016, 06:43:47 AMsimple filtering via to from is different than dups.
Duh.  And the fact that I had to point out simple filtering to you as part of the reason why the investigation the second time around was much quicker (as opposed to tinfoilery nonsense) doesn't speak highly of you.

QuoteI am skeptical of the work being 'stellar'.  I do think there was a LOT of behind the scenes political pressure - starting long before the 650K info - to sweep these events under the carpet.
Of course you do.  Because that's the Trump narrative and you'll defend it to the death regardless of whether or not it's even the slightest bit correct.  And everyone but you knows it.

SGOS

When looking at the email debacle, both the reopening and reclosing, I tend to analyze it from a political perception, rather than reality point of view, because the political perception is the only thing that makes a significant difference.  This is the unusual case where I say, "Fuck reality.  It doesn't matter."

It doesn't matter because if Hillary sent classifieds through her private server, she's not going to jail, and all the talk of criminal charges are meaningless.  Will her use of her private server greatly effect her ability to lead the country?  That seems utterly ridiculous to me.  There are much more important issues than one fuck up for which there is no proof that anything of consequence harmed the country.  If the reopening of the case was a simple public service announcement it doesn't matter.  The damage was done.  If the reclosing was done because all the new email had in fact been investigated, it doesn't matter, because few people believe it.

What matters is that people are going to the polls today, each to make a decision based on incomplete information about so many aspects of the candidates.  Some are lacking an understanding of a few details here and there.  Other's are voting partisan, or from a base set of emotions left over from their potty training.  The outcome is bleak no matter who wins, not because the candidates are bad, but because by design, elections are reduced to a farce driven by an odd sense of patriotic duty and lack of knowledge, neither of which are relevant to the task at hand.

This is not to say there isn't a wide spread between the candidates.  There is a huge gap, with goals 180 degrees apart, each with an appeal to different groups of voters.  But mostly it comes down to one being Republican and one being a Democrat.  I think Trump is an idiot, but I still can't accept that he speaks for the Republican Party, but he's running as a Republican so he automatically gets most of the R votes even without any political experience.  Hillary will get the D votes because she' running as a Democrat.  There are other more thoughtful considerations going on too, or course, but they mostly play a minor role in the election.

chill98

Quote from: Hydra009 on November 08, 2016, 07:20:41 AM

Of course you do.  Because that's the Trump narrative and you'll defend it to the death regardless of whether or not it's even the slightest bit correct.  And everyone but you knows it.
1. the tweet I posted was not trumps tweet it was just someones tweet. 

2.  I am not defending Trumps narrative.  I straight up dont like Hillary for what she is all by herself.

Baruch

So many voters in denial, and we aren't even in Egypt ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: chill98 on November 06, 2016, 07:59:19 PM
twitter comment:

It took the FBI 1 1/3 years to review 55,000 Clinton emails.

Now they say it took 9 days to review 650,000 more.

That's were ignorance gets involved.  They sorted the addressee for Clinton.  10 seconds.  Then applied a duplication app.  10 seconds.  There weren't many emails they didn't already know about.  Those few were quickly read.  Nothing new.  Comey's staff COULD have done that in less time than it took his assistant to WRITE his dumb letter. ONE nerd could have saved a lot of political pain...

And *I* could have written a "safer" letter.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!