News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

I made a thing.

Started by Hijiri Byakuren, October 26, 2016, 10:40:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hijiri Byakuren

Sometimes when I'm bored I'll mess around with my audio and video editors. This video is the result of slapping those two types of boredom together. The audio is from the soundtrack of "Shin Godzilla," and starts at 200% speed before gradually slowing down to 50% speed at the end.

The video is some footage I took of "Godzilla: The Game" several months back, with three layers of VFX from Movie Studio Platinum. Layer 1 is a "TV Screen" which produces all the video distortion you see. Layer 2 is Black & White to remove all the original color as well as the TV Screen colors. Finally, Layer 3 is a Sepia Tone to give the video sort of an aged look.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLw-7mo5NUE
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Johan

Very creative stuff. I will admit, the constantly changing tonality of the soundtrack was difficult for me to hang with. But I think that's mostly because the musician in me thinks in terms of tonality when listening to music, and the constantly changing pitch means no base tonality is ever established which kind of fucks with my head. I doubt most others really give much consideration to tonality when listening so don't get too hung up on my difficulty with it. That being said, there were sections in there where I REALLY liked the effect of the constantly lowering tonality. I will definitely steal that idea and file it away for future use as perhaps an extended ending to a piece of music. Very nice work. Keep creating.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: Johan on October 27, 2016, 09:13:59 PMI will definitely steal that idea and file it away for future use as perhaps an extended ending to a piece of music.
If you do that, I would recommend doing it with Audacity's time-scale setting. I did this with FL Studio's pitch-shifting function in the piano roll just to see if it could be done; it can, but it's a bitch.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

huit