News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

War over polls intensifies

Started by SGOS, October 26, 2016, 09:56:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Atheon

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Hydra009

QuoteRote told Iowa Public Radio that she cast her first ballot for Trump but feared it would be changed to a vote for Hillary Clinton.

“The polls are rigged,” Rote told the radio station.
If she actually believed this, wouldn't it make more sense to not vote at all?  I mean, why participate in a process that you don't believe is legitimate?  Why cast a ballot that you strongly suspect is going to be altered?

Imo, the more plausible explanation is that this is just a partisan trying to ensure her candidate's success by hook or by crook.

Atheon

This is a good demonstration of the mental capacity of Trump supporters.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Atheon

Going to the polling place twice has something to do with polls.

In any case, polls always tighten up as the Big Day comes. This is because the undecideds start to decide. Being undecided, they tend to be more dimwitted, and as such they tend to favor Republicans, as dimwitted people do.

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: chill98 on October 30, 2016, 12:24:52 PM

So you have nothing to contribute towards the topic at hand, Whats going on with the polls?

But to humor you:

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/oct/17/no-voter-fraud-isnt-myth-10-cases-where-its-all-to/

oh please.. The Washington Times was founded by Sun Myung Moon and you're giving it even a shread of credibility?  HAHAHAHA!
Don't tell me..You were married by ol Sun? I was a Moonie for about 2 weeks once upon a time..
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

chill98

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on October 30, 2016, 02:03:44 PM
oh please.. The Washington Times was founded by Sun Myung Moon and you're giving it even a shread of credibility?  HAHAHAHA!
Don't tell me..You were married by ol Sun? I was a Moonie for about 2 weeks once upon a time..
Are you saying Moon is influencing colorado from the grave?

#1 in article:
http://www.denverpost.com/2016/09/23/potential-fraud-dead-voters/

Each point in the article is referenced to outside sources.  So KmA.

Baruch

So the girl committing voter fraud ... she can get up to 5 years in jail.  That isn't where it is done, it is done in the voting machine software.  That is why exit polls and voting results don't match in the 2012 election.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Atheon

What you're describing is election fraud, not voter fraud. Republicans rely on the confusion of terms to push their voter suppression efforts.

There is always a discrepancy between exit polling and actual results. The fact that Obama won as expected by the aggregate polls shows that election fraud was unlikely. It sure threw Karl Rove and the Unskewing guy for a loop, but they were doing it wrong. Nate Silver was doing it right.

Baruch

So what is Nate Silver saying now that we are only a week+ out of the election?  Except for dead Democrats, there isn't that much voter fraud out there.  But the potential for election fraud gets easier and easier.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Atheon

Over the last couple weeks, Hillary's probability of winning has declined from around 85-86% to 79-80% as undecideds start to commit to a candidate. The race usually tightens in the last couple weeks. He also says that historically, "October surprises" have little effect on the outcome of an election. And in my un-expert opinion, with early voting locking people's votes in, they should have even less influence.

Though I don't know how reliable it is, I prefer looking at the results of Daily Kos's prediction model: 96% chance of a Hillary win.

About dead people voting, if someone mails in a ballot and then dies before election day, does that count as a dead person voting?

Baruch

Dead people voting ... are you joking about the criminality of the D party in the 1960 election?

Daily Kos is the Pravda of the D party ... sheesh.  But I will accept that Nate Silver may be unbiased.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Quote from: Atheon on October 30, 2016, 08:15:19 PMAbout dead people voting, if someone mails in a ballot and then dies before election day, does that count as a dead person voting?
Yes, those are counted.  A card laid is a card played, so to speak.  Though voting in the next election cycle is a bit of a no-no.

Cavebear

The basic idea of voter fraud is a dead issue.  Even the BushII administration tried to prove it and couldn't. It is a false issue.

Not that it stops fanatics.  They have the idea of it fixed in their minds and nothing will persuade them otherwise.

I will provide a Snopes Report that demolishes charges of voter fraud, and then list some of the more important conclusions.  If you can't trust Snopes, then you are pretty much hopeless.  THeir whole article is too long to post here, and too information-dense to summarize easily.  But I'll try.

Claim:  In 59 voting districts in the Philadelphia region, Obama received 100% of the votes with not even a single vote recorded for Romney. (A mathematical and statistical impossibility).

Snopes Response:  Barack Obama won the overall vote in the Philadelphia area by an 85% to 14% margin over Mitt Romney; Obama also received greater than 90% of the vote in more than half of Philadelphia's 66 wards, and 99% or more of the vote in seven of those wards.  When the Inquirer went looking for Republican voters in some of those divisions, they couldn't find any.

Claim:  In 21 districts in Wood County Ohio, Obama received 100% of the votes where GOP inspectors were illegally removed from their polling locations â€" and not one single vote was recorded for Romney. (Another statistical impossibility).

Snopes Response:  A precinct-by-precinct breakdown of the official voting results from Wood County, Ohio, for the 2012 election shows that Barack Obama received nowhere close to 100% of the votes cast in any of that county's 97 precincts. The highest percentage he achieved in any one precinct was 75.5%.

Claim:  In 21 districts in Wood County Ohio, Obama received 100% of the votes where GOP inspectors were illegally removed from their polling locations â€" and not one single vote was recorded for Romney. (Another statistical impossibility).

Snopes Response:  A precinct-by-precinct breakdown of the official voting results from Wood County, Ohio, for the 2012 election shows that Barack Obama received nowhere close to 100% of the votes cast in any of that county's 97 precincts. The highest percentage he achieved in any one precinct was 75.5%.

There are more examples in the article, you can read them there.  Snopes survives on a reputation for accuracy.

I consider this unassailable proof of deliberate deception (or utter stupidity) by partisan Republican fanatics.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Cavebear

So let's say Clinton/Kaine are elected.  Kaine resigns and Obama is named Vice President.  Clinton is automatically impeachment-proof!  Or maybe even resigns in favor of Obama.  LOL!

Just a joke.

Or IS it...?  Bwa-ha-ha. 

If you actually considered that, you are a crazy Republican and the CIA is going to come and take away your voter card and ALL your guns.

And there are some people out there who believe THAT...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!