If AF were responsible for electing the next leader of the free world.

Started by Nonsensei, November 03, 2016, 05:28:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nonsensei

Surprised we don't have an AF election poll yet.

I included just the top 10 from http://www.politics1.com/p2016.htm

There are over 100 candidates. Yeesh.

Lets make this scientific. Vote honestly. Obviously feel free to vote even if you aren't a US citizen.
And on the wings of a dream so far beyond reality
All alone in desperation now the time has come
Lost inside you'll never find, lost within my own mind
Day after day this misery must go on

Mike Cl

I was a HRC basher prior to this election.  Then I did some digging.  It seems most of the 'lies' she has told and the 'scandals' she has created are pretty shallow and without much foundation.  She is a politician and because of that she lacks morality and ethics.  But so does every other politician; and compared to her she is the top half of the people in the realm of politics.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

But the first Black President was Bill Clinton, and the first Wymen President was Jimmy Carter ;-)  So the quota is already filled.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

AllPurposeAtheist

Because we have a party dedicated to doing absolutely nothing except for obstructionist policies and absolutely no governing other than borderline or outright fascism and lying and several major "news" organizations dedicated to outright propaganda and nothing else I'll stick with Hillary Clinton. I'm very aware that the vast majority of the accusations leveled against her have been and will continue to be outright lies and propaganda from the opposition party . I'm almost completely convinced that the Republican party has been infiltrated and compromised by foreign governments and the same foreign government is attempting if not succeeded in doing the same to the Democratic party and the major media outlets have been playing right along showing very little if any interest in reporting the truth. It appears that the ONLY THING that the major media outlets are interested in are ratings and profit and could care less who governs any of us as long as they get to keep their positions as chief propaganda ministries and nothing further.

Whew!! My grammar really sucked there, but I'm too tired to really care about it or to put forth the effort to fix it.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Mr.Obvious

Was hoping to pick from AF members :p

Edit: Hah, should've researched before I cast my useless vote.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on November 03, 2016, 08:18:43 PM
Was hoping to pick from AF members :p

Edit: Hah, should've researched before I cast my useless vote.
Vote for me. I promise you this, that and the other thing..

Mr.Obvious

"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

AllPurposeAtheist

I realized that you can get a job as a CNN commentator and all you have to do is be a Trump aid and get fired or publicly disgraced. They'll fit you right in between Wolfe Blitzer and the next 6 month old breaking news.

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on November 03, 2016, 09:06:23 PM
I realized that you can get a job as a CNN commentator and all you have to do is be a Trump aid and get fired or publicly disgraced. They'll fit you right in between Wolfe Blitzer and the next 6 month old breaking news.

You also have to be CIA, like Steinem and Bernstein.  Pravda R US.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Atheon

Quote from: Mike Cl on November 03, 2016, 05:36:01 PM
I was a HRC basher prior to this election.  Then I did some digging.  It seems most of the 'lies' she has told and the 'scandals' she has created are pretty shallow and without much foundation.  She is a politician and because of that she lacks morality and ethics.  But so does every other politician; and compared to her she is the top half of the people in the realm of politics.
I've been watching the Clintons since 1991, and this is exactly the case. Wild, outlandish accusations have been leveled at them from the beginning, with great frequency, none of which had merit once examined or investigation. I watched throughout the Clinton presidency as one accusation after another was made, each examined and found baseless. Of course the conspiracy nuts on the right latched onto it all, and started making up their own shit (like the so-called "Clinton body count"), with no basis in reality.

Eventually it got to the point where, thanks to the constant repetition, the name Clinton automatically became connected to the ideas of corruption and dishonesty. Totally undeserved.

Now you don't get to positions of power without stepping on a few toes along the way, and politicians, being humans, sometimes make misjudgments. But if you compare Hillary the reality (instead of Hillary the perception) against any Republican candidate, she shines above the rest in terms of honesty and factfulness. She's no saint, but on the other hand she's also no Repub... I mean demon.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Cavebear

Quote from: Atheon on November 03, 2016, 11:08:46 PM
I've been watching the Clintons since 1991, and this is exactly the case. Wild, outlandish accusations have been leveled at them from the beginning, with great frequency, none of which had merit once examined or investigation. I watched throughout the Clinton presidency as one accusation after another was made, each examined and found baseless. Of course the conspiracy nuts on the right latched onto it all, and started making up their own shit (like the so-called "Clinton body count"), with no basis in reality.

Eventually it got to the point where, thanks to the constant repetition, the name Clinton automatically became connected to the ideas of corruption and dishonesty. Totally undeserved.

Now you don't get to positions of power without stepping on a few toes along the way, and politicians, being humans, sometimes make misjudgments. But if you compare Hillary the reality (instead of Hillary the perception) against any Republican candidate, she shines above the rest in terms of honesty and factfulness. She's no saint, but on the other hand she's also no Repub... I mean demon.

I agree.  No leader is an entirely nice person.  But what matters to me is what they did before running for the last office.  Clinton worked across the aisle in the Senate quietly to get some bills passed to help women and children, and to help unemployed get jobs.  And did great work as Secretary of State.  While Trump was groping women (or hoping to), gaming the tax system and bribing local politicians.  And since then, insulting about everyone.

I don't see much of a an ethical contest there.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!