News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

World Series prediction

Started by trdsf, October 25, 2016, 01:58:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trdsf

So it's the longest drought facing off against the second longest drought.

I predict it'll get to 3-3 and then the killer asteroid will hit at the first pitch of Game 7.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Cavebear

Prediction:  One team is going to end a long losing streak...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

trdsf

Quote from: Cavebear on October 26, 2016, 02:21:15 AM
Prediction:  One team is going to end a long losing streak...
I have a preference for which one I want to see ended... but I'm not going to make any predictions.  :)
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

SGOS

I'm voting for a third party.

Actually, I grew up in Chicago, so duh??  The Cubs.

Shiranu

Not a cubs fan, and it's an impressive record, so let em lose.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

PickelledEggs

Baseball is the most boring thing on the planet for me, and I am someone that has a career in literally watching paint dry.... so.......

in other words #dont'caresimulator2016

SGOS

Baseball isn't the most exciting sport for me either, but on occasion, I am taken with the bug (not particularly this time around), but I'll root for the Cubs.  In high school, I thought baseball was right up there with golf as the two most boring sports to watch, but the Chicago White Sox went to the World Series, and I decided to watch the first game, and got the fever.  I watched all the rest of the games too, and watched the Sox eventually lose, but it was great fun everyday after school to beat it home and watch the game with excited anticipation.  And then it got boring again.  I guess that's baseball's default state.  Once, I went to a double header at Wriggly Field (one of the two times I went to a pro game), and watched the Cubs win both games.  It was great fun.  There's a lot of fun stuff that goes on in addition to the game at the Stadium.  I was with a friend and his father.  We even brought our own hot dogs, along with a bunch of other food that more or less filled a paper shopping bag.  I enjoyed the experience immensely.

SGOS

Quote from: Shiranu on October 27, 2016, 12:18:23 PM
Not a cubs fan, and it's an impressive record, so let em lose.

I understand the Cubs are favored, not that Cleveland isn't a formidable team.  So I've heard.

Cavebear

Quote from: PickelledEggs on October 27, 2016, 12:21:40 PM
Baseball is the most boring thing on the planet for me, and I am someone that has a career in literally watching paint dry.... so.......

in other words #dont'caresimulator2016

Have you never watched soccer or Women's tennis?

Shiranu

Quote from: SGOS on October 27, 2016, 01:56:40 PM
I understand the Cubs are favored, not that Cleveland isn't a formidable team.  So I've heard.

Wait, they are playing Cleveland?

Oh hell na, LETS GO CUBS!!!
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Cavebear

Actually, I want Cleveland to win.  The Cubs Curse should last forever just for the history of it.  I don't hate Chicago, but history means something!

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Cavebear on October 29, 2016, 01:09:18 AM
Have you never watched soccer or Women's tennis?
Women's tennis is one of my favorite things on earth, but I'm also a bit of a perv

Sent from your mom.

Cavebear

Mom died in 2010 FYI.  And when she was sane, she thought women's tennis was boring in the Steffie Graf "GRUNT" years.  We both thought it great in BJK and  Navritilova years.

SGOS

I listened to the game tonight on ESPN Radio (streaming).  I knew it would be a mistake, because when I do that, I end up jinxing the critical alignment of the karma and the vibrations lose their harmonic energy and my Cub's mojo gets all weird.

Cavebear

So who won?  I am refusing to guess from your post.  ;)