News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Nintendo NX reveal

Started by Blackleaf, October 20, 2016, 12:44:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackleaf

About two hours ago, Nintendo revealed it's new console, formerly known as the Nintendo NX. It's official name is the Nintendo Switch. I could describe it to you, but I think it's better to see it for yourself. This thing just blows my mind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5uik5fgIaI
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Nonsensei

Interesting technology. Not much use to me, since I don't really feel any interest on being able to game in literally any situation. For me gaming is something I do at home to relax, not something frantic done in between other parts if my life while I'm on the go.
And on the wings of a dream so far beyond reality
All alone in desperation now the time has come
Lost inside you\'ll never find, lost within my own mind
Day after day this misery must go on

PickelledEggs

If they have a nice low price point, this could be a great console. It should be priced like a handheld console and I think that would make it worth the buy

Blackleaf

Quote from: PickelledEggs on October 20, 2016, 01:36:34 PM
If they have a nice low price point, this could be a great console. It should be priced like a handheld console and I think that would make it worth the buy

Nintendo consoles are typically cheaper than Microsoft and Sony's, but this is a partially handheld console with two detachable wireless controllers that has the power to play Skyrim Remastered. I don't know how cheap I can reasonably expect the thing to be.
--Fulke Greville--

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Blackleaf on October 20, 2016, 01:39:56 PM
Nintendo consoles are typically cheaper than Microsoft and Sony's, but this is a partially handheld console with two detachable wireless controllers that has the power to play Skyrim Remastered. I don't know how cheap I can reasonably expect the thing to be.
I should rephrase.

I don't think it should be "cheap", but I do think it should be reasonably priced. They are recovering from the Wii U, which was financial flop and sales were cripplingly low, to say the least. Their best sales seem to be handheld nowadays, so in my opinion, I think the best way for this new console to succeed is to price it for people that buy handheld consoles. I'm assuming that is why they designed it the way they did in the first place. I wouldn't be surprised if this is their Gameboy console for this generation, in all seriousness. If it is, and people can play stuff like pokemon on the tv though console, that would be actually really awesome. There were a lot of games that came out for the 3ds that I couldn't get because I didn't want to get a console that was strictly handheld. But I would actually consider this one

Blackleaf

Quote from: PickelledEggs on October 20, 2016, 02:12:02 PM
I should rephrase.

I don't think it should be "cheap", but I do think it should be reasonably priced. They are recovering from the Wii U, which was financial flop and sales were cripplingly low, to say the least. Their best sales seem to be handheld nowadays, so in my opinion, I think the best way for this new console to succeed is to price it for people that buy handheld consoles. I'm assuming that is why they designed it the way they did in the first place. I wouldn't be surprised if this is their Gameboy console for this generation, in all seriousness. If it is, and people can play stuff like pokemon on the tv though console, that would be actually really awesome. There were a lot of games that came out for the 3ds that I couldn't get because I didn't want to get a console that was strictly handheld. But I would actually consider this one

OMG, I just remembered that they confirmed that Pokemon games will be made for this system. If the next main Pokemon game is on the same level as Breath of the Wild, I am going to be more hyped for a Pokemon game than I was for the Gold and Silver versions.
--Fulke Greville--

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Blackleaf on October 20, 2016, 02:42:39 PM
OMG, I just remembered that they confirmed that Pokemon games will be made for this system. If the next main Pokemon game is on the same level as Breath of the Wild, I am going to be more hyped for a Pokemon game than I was for the Gold and Silver versions.
I just came in my pants.

doorknob

I love it. If it's fairly priced I will buy it. either that or I will wait till prices come down to buy it.

Nonsensei

Like any other console, I won't be buying it unless there is a game on it that I absolutely must play and cannot play on any other platform.
And on the wings of a dream so far beyond reality
All alone in desperation now the time has come
Lost inside you\'ll never find, lost within my own mind
Day after day this misery must go on

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Nonsensei on October 20, 2016, 09:44:45 PM
Like any other console, I won't be buying it unless there is a game on it that I absolutely must play and cannot play on any other platform.
That's pokemon and mariokart for me

Sal1981

Saw this ad elsewhere. It reminds me of the "docking station" Windows Phone which Microsoft launched last year (not the Display Dock, though), which are the Lumia 950 and Lumia 950 XL phones called Continuum.

Hydra009