We've Reached the End of White Christian America

Started by GSOgymrat, October 19, 2016, 03:20:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Just a matter of Fukushima radiation making all human sterile.  Until then, enjoy your glow in the dark water.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: drunkenshoe on October 24, 2016, 06:27:24 AM
OK. Let's start with you, I'll be the second I promise. You have the necessary technology. Take yourself out please. :lol:
I've flat-lined at least three times. My mother had TWO telegrams in a frame, both advising I was KIA-BNR. I wouldn't be easy for ME to kill.

But to point up some limited thinking, why not just reproduce less often?
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Jack89

Quote from: Nonsensei on October 21, 2016, 06:38:22 AM
Agreed, and it seems obvious. White Christian America is more than just a question of population balance. It's a 200+ year legacy of attitudes and behaviors that have defined our national identity and the attitude of our government. Just because white christians stop being the overwhelming majority doesn't mean that America will quickly transform into something else. It's very likely that whatever demographic replaces them will simply pick up where they left off culturally, influenced heavily by the rich who remain mostly white and Christian.

The only good thing about this is that now there is a possibility of meaningful change, though it will be a long way off.

And what exactly would be meaningful change?  I've been around the world some, and I haven't seen any other culture that's better, and most are worse, by far.  Europe was pretty good 20+ years ago, but even the lauded Scandinavian countries are falling apart theses days.  There's a reason why people are flocking to the west; it's because it's a great place to live, even with those pesky white people. 

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on October 24, 2016, 07:01:18 AM
I've flat-lined at least three times. My mother had TWO telegrams in a frame, both advising I was KIA-BNR. I wouldn't be easy for ME to kill.

But to point up some limited thinking, why not just reproduce less often?

Yeah I defintely agree on that.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Cavebear

A few billion fewer of us would be good for humanity overall.  And the planet.  I'm not suggesting a sudden change... 
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!