News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

But Jesus told me...

Started by aitm, October 19, 2016, 02:16:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aitm

You know I work for a very religious company, everybody in the hierarchy are thumpers and many of the minions are so or do a good job of pretending. Corporate meetings are opened in prayer and if you are in HQ sometimes you have to get off the seat and kneel on the floor while listening to said prayers. My partner and I escaped and set up a branch office 180 miles south so we stay pretty much out of sight. Anyway their particular delusions often offer much fun.

For instance we build a lot of churches. I have been in charge of several and over the years we have had many a run it with the "building committee" when they will suddenly just proclaim, "we all prayed and Jesus said we don't have to pay for that." This can open a whole barrel of laughs as the two big dogs and I meet with the committee and amidst all the prayers and praying for each other and praying that god will help us come to an understanding,,,and all kinds of prayers, sometimes going around the table and each person giving a version of what Jesus told them. It would make a spectacular reality show of absurdity.

Anyway, eventually most is worked out without lawyers ....though one time "god" did do a magnificent job of timing as a bolt did blow off a steeple they did not like, course we didn't have lighting protection set up yet so it was a matter of insurance so no big deal, but by god, GOD DID NOT LIKE  THAT STEEPLE SEE?

Anyway, last night a co-worker was talking to me about needing some more money and I told her to use Jesus. She asked how and I suggested she walk in all smiles and eventually when the big guy ask whats up just smile and say, " I had a talk with Jesus"...and let it go..he will come around all the more interested and you can say, "I don't want to ruin your surprise to me"...that'll fire him up and he will keep asking until you just say, "well, I was praying to Jesus that I needed to get a raise so I get my child into this new school and Jesus told me you were going to"..... see what happens.....so I am awaiting to hear how it goes....I am on pins and needles laughing at the absurd scene as he scampers backwards out the room trying to escape Jesus's money grab.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Baruch

Just let them handle the snakes is all, you don't have the faith for it ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

popsthebuilder

Deception is wrong regardless of whom it is towards.

Peace

Sent from my Z988 using Tapatalk

Baruch

Quote from: popsthebuilder on October 19, 2016, 08:55:28 PM

Peace

The snake wasn't the deceiver ... G-d was.  But when you are G-d, it is even better than Nixon, everything you do is licit.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

aitm

Quote from: popsthebuilder on October 19, 2016, 08:55:28 PM

Peace

out of the mouth of babes
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Baruch

Quote from: aitm on October 19, 2016, 09:05:47 PM
out of the mouth of babes

Pablum? or Spitup?  Do you need a good burp today?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

aitm

It is not simple irony that a xian fruit would suggest that deception is wrong regardless…….LOLOLOLOL.. oy vey eh?

Baruch

Quote from: aitm on October 19, 2016, 09:14:39 PM
It is not simple irony that a xian fruit would suggest that deception is wrong regardless…….LOLOLOLOL.. oy vey eh?

The quickest liar, is the one who exposes the liar next to him, before he himself is exposed.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

aitm

well, she didn't have the courage to do it..so she mopes... damnit, I was looking for some fun.

drunkenshoe

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Cavebear

Quote from: aitm on October 19, 2016, 02:16:59 PM
You know I work for a very religious company, everybody in the hierarchy are thumpers and many of the minions are so or do a good job of pretending. Corporate meetings are opened in prayer and if you are in HQ sometimes you have to get off the seat and kneel on the floor while listening to said prayers. My partner and I escaped and set up a branch office 180 miles south so we stay pretty much out of sight. Anyway their particular delusions often offer much fun.

For instance we build a lot of churches. I have been in charge of several and over the years we have had many a run it with the "building committee" when they will suddenly just proclaim, "we all prayed and Jesus said we don't have to pay for that." This can open a whole barrel of laughs as the two big dogs and I meet with the committee and amidst all the prayers and praying for each other and praying that god will help us come to an understanding,,,and all kinds of prayers, sometimes going around the table and each person giving a version of what Jesus told them. It would make a spectacular reality show of absurdity.

Anyway, eventually most is worked out without lawyers ....though one time "god" did do a magnificent job of timing as a bolt did blow off a steeple they did not like, course we didn't have lighting protection set up yet so it was a matter of insurance so no big deal, but by god, GOD DID NOT LIKE  THAT STEEPLE SEE?

Anyway, last night a co-worker was talking to me about needing some more money and I told her to use Jesus. She asked how and I suggested she walk in all smiles and eventually when the big guy ask whats up just smile and say, " I had a talk with Jesus"...and let it go..he will come around all the more interested and you can say, "I don't want to ruin your surprise to me"...that'll fire him up and he will keep asking until you just say, "well, I was praying to Jesus that I needed to get a raise so I get my child into this new school and Jesus told me you were going to"..... see what happens.....so I am awaiting to hear how it goes....I am on pins and needles laughing at the absurd scene as he scampers backwards out the room trying to escape Jesus's money grab.

You need to get a better job.  Not all companies are religious idiots.  Not to make a joke, but unless your job is supporting religious foolishness, "seek and ye shall find"...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!