It's official, God is using Trumpster fire

Started by AllPurposeAtheist, October 17, 2016, 09:20:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllPurposeAtheist

Yup, only on CNN BREAKING NEWS...
God is using the Trumpster Fire to save the unborn little babies.. How touching..
http://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2016/10/10/trump-supporter-talks-dismembered-babies-baldwin-bts-nr.cnn

Give the woman credit for the level of mental gymnastics required to come up with this line of bullshit..
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Atheon

If anyone wants to know why I am so vehemently anti-Republican, it is because the Republican Party is made up of people like this.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: Atheon on October 18, 2016, 06:12:24 AM
If anyone wants to know why I am so vehemently anti-Republican, it is because the Republican Party is made up of people like this.
Never underestimate the reach and scope of stupid. There unfortunately are plenty just as stupid on our side as well. Dare I say that there are even a few members here teetering on falling off the cliff. A few probably fell long ago.

Hydra009

Quote from: Atheon on October 18, 2016, 06:12:24 AM
A lot of Republicans, I assume, are decent, sane people.  But it's hard to tell when they all kowtow to the Religious Right, the NRA, and the crazies within their own party.  And it's hard to admire someone who admires Palin, Cruz, or Trump.

Cavebear

Republicans said after 2012 that they had to realign their politics.  Not they had nurtured angry people as their base for a couple decades.  *I* was not very surprised they reaped the whirlwind .

My general opinion is that the religious right is discovering that they don't have the influence they used to and that the general populace is getting pretty tired of their fanatical and demanding ways.

Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

AllPurposeAtheist

The republican party has flirted with extreme hard right wing politics for far too long to the point where I'm pretty sure that a large chunk of the base would be just fine with a fascist government and deporting any 'undesirables' to forced labor camps meaning anyone of color,  Jews, Muslims, Hispanics and don't forget homosexuals.. They just don't control enough of the congress and statehouses to pull it off. 

Cavebear

I can't even see the details of your graphic...  Some lady, some stuff she is holding...

Hydra009

Quote from: Cavebear on October 19, 2016, 07:27:32 AM
Republicans said after 2012 that they had to realign their politics.  Not they had nurtured angry people as their base for a couple decades.  *I* was not very surprised they reaped the whirlwind .

My general opinion is that the religious right is discovering that they don't have the influence they used to and that the general populace is getting pretty tired of their fanatical and demanding ways.
Not only that, but they've pretty much handed the Dems women and minority votes this election cycle.  And changing demographics (more non-white voters, younger voters replacing older voters) isn't looking pretty for the GOP long term.

(The above image is circa 2012.  Expect an even more pronounced swing in the Dems' favor since then)

Mermaid

The healthcare bar is most interesting. And actually quite unsurprising.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Cavebear

And I just don't fit right into most of the categories.  LOL!  White, single, male, Democrat...

Baruch

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on October 19, 2016, 07:43:00 AM
The republican party has flirted with extreme hard right wing politics for far too long to the point where I'm pretty sure that a large chunk of the base would be just fine with a fascist government and deporting any 'undesirables' to forced labor camps meaning anyone of color,  Jews, Muslims, Hispanics and don't forget homosexuals.. They just don't control enough of the congress and statehouses to pull it off.

All modern societies are fascist.  They have strong business sectors, strong governments and the two are wedded together.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Feral Atheist

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on October 18, 2016, 07:27:59 AM
Never underestimate the reach and scope of stupid. There unfortunately are plenty just as stupid on our side as well. Dare I say that there are even a few members here teetering on falling off the cliff. A few probably fell long ago.
The radicals are the problem, radical republicans, radical democrats, radical christians, radical muslims, radical vegans....
In dog beers I've only had one.

Baruch

Quote from: Feral Atheist on October 24, 2016, 12:14:52 AM
The radicals are the problem, radical republicans, radical democrats, radical christians, radical muslims, radical vegans....

America was founded by radical colonists, who had earlier taken the radical step of coming to N America from Europe.  It has been uneven, turning the revolutionary spigot off, the Girondists trying to prevent overshoot into Jacobins.  But most people at any given time are pro-status-quo.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Feral Atheist on October 24, 2016, 12:14:52 AM

"Radical" is often a problem.  But not always.  All social advances have been made by radical people. 

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on October 26, 2016, 03:23:09 AM
"Radical" is often a problem.  But not always.  All social advances have been made by radical people.

I have been against all progress since the end of the Bronze Age.  No there was a classy Age, must better than the rusty Iron Age ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.