News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

John Oliver On; Sex Education

Started by Shiranu, September 10, 2016, 09:38:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiranu

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

The usual PTA bullshit.  We need to take the parents out of childhood education, and the teachers and the kids ;-)

Education needs to be age appropriate for each age ... so don't get too explicit with 12 years olds, but 18 years olds ...

Puritanical parents should be put in the witch's pool, to see if they float or not.  As long as they sink, I am good with it.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

FaithIsFilth

Honestly, 6 year olds should be taught about anal sex, oral sex, touching, etc. The more educated they are, the easier it will be for them to understand when someone is sexually abusing them.

Sal1981

Quote from: FaithIsFilth on September 11, 2016, 03:23:26 PM
Honestly, 6 year olds should be taught about anal sex, oral sex, touching, etc. The more educated they are, the easier it will be for them to understand when someone is sexually abusing them.
Maybe not in the strictest sense, but I think it's OK to teach kids about sex as an adult thing, including consent and about genitalia on men and women.

SGOS

I remember that one hour that one time in 7th grade that was devoted to sex ed.  The boys were led to one room, and the girls to another to watch a movie.  I think both genders probably saw the same movie, but I never compared notes with any of the girls.  I remember thinking it was a major educational thing, and I was looking forward to it, but it wasn't very helpful, or informative, nothing I didn't already know, and was mostly medical explanations of body parts.

My father initiated the father son sex talk about then, and was greatly relieved after suggesting that I'd already heard it from the older boys, and me confirming I'd already knew about it.  He dropped the subject like a hot potato, and we were both relieved.  So I relate to Oliver's mocking of sex education being taught in the home, where parent's probably avoid the subject as much as possible.

My early years of sexual experimentation involved a lot of fumbling, bumbling, and fiddling.  My girlfriend and I were both eager to figure the thing out, but we never got very good at it during the time we were together.  Then we parted, and I lost track of her.  I never thought about this before, but a 50 year reunion might be in order.  We might surprise each other.  I heard she married a minister.  This is the effect I sometimes have on women.

Cavebear

I understand and agree SGOS.

When I was 16, a sex ed book was "convniently" left on my bed.  And it explained NOTHING.  THe day I left for college, my Dad sat me down in the basement and said "don't run around with "'fast' women".  That was it.  That was the sex talk.

Oh damn, the thing I wanted MOST IN LIFE at 18 was to meet a "fast woman".  I desperately wanted to meet a "fast woman"  because I had no idea how sex even worked!

I would have done almost anything to have some basic "sex ed".  I didn't even know my semen was SPERM!  I thought you somehow had to be married first and then something odd would happen.  And the women there (most of them anyway, I later learned) didn't know much more than *I* did!

Ignorance drives pregnancy more than an sex ed class ever will   If you are both (guy and gal) stupid desperate and driven, there are going to be babies.

And maybe that is the desire of and conservative pro-life people.  Their bible says "go forth and multiply and subdue the Earth".  Well, we've done that.

What's next, hoping we can survive like too many cockroaches in an foodless house.  Or are they trusting that a deity will somehow provide us with an new Earthlike planet, make Mars or Venus habitable.  Are they fuching insane?

Bet ya didn't know where I was going with THAT one, huh!

Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

With Elon Musk, they are going to Mars, but only billionaires and hot babes can go.  You and I get the flies in a jar treatment.

Patriarchy had multiple dimensions, but modernity has pretty much destroyed masculinity in the US  But if we have 300 million metrosexuals, at least we will be well dressed ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

What about the volunteers suggests to you that they would be "billionaires and hot babes"?  That is rather insulting to the NASA programs and equally illogical to the survival talents required.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on October 15, 2016, 07:43:01 AM
What about the volunteers suggests to you that they would be "billionaires and hot babes"?  That is rather insulting to the NASA programs and equally illogical to the survival talents required.

You don't know what a guinea pig is do you?  Necessary sacrifices, to make it safe for billionaires.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reactionary_modernism

Really just 21st century Nazis based in California, who are technophiles and West Coast tycoons.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.