News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Ken Bone American Hero

Started by SGOS, October 15, 2016, 09:09:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SGOS

I never heard of this guy, but my favorite part of super hero movies is the first one which is always obligated to give the back story of the hero's ordinary beginnings followed by self discovery and rise to fame as a force of good.  Maybe that's why I was so fascinated by Ken Bone.  The end of the article, which I didn't include, is just a typical Bill Maher Rant making fun of people, but I found Ken Bone himself entertaining.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/10/15/bill-maher-goes-after-ken-bone-too-stupid-to-pick-hillary-over-president-pussy-grabber.html

Quote[The]American people just needed a good ol’ fashioned pick-me-up. For whatever reason, the public made Ken Bone, an unassuming (and undecided) sweater-loving fella from the Midwest, a national folk hero. 

He got the meme treatment, did the talk show rounds, and even inspired his own sexy Halloween costume. But the internet giveth, and the internet taketh away.

In the early hours Friday morning, Reddit sleuths happened upon Bone’s decidedly unwholesome posting historyâ€"including ogling the hacked nude photos of Jennifer Lawrence, copping to felony insurance fraud, and arguing that the death of Trayvon Martin was mere justifiable homicide. And like that, he was no longer the new, portlier Ned Flanders, but just another man struggling to choose between a sexual predator and one of the most qualified candidates in U.S. history for the highest office in the land.

The act of choosing taxes the limits of this undecided's mental faculties, who rises to the challenge, holds tenaciously to his indecision, and an American hero is born.  I dunno.  It makes me chuckle.  It reminds me of this election's version of Joe the Plummer.

Cavebear

Joe The Plumber on Trump steroids...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!