Strong case to disavow current republicans

Started by AllPurposeAtheist, October 12, 2016, 01:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GSOgymrat

Here is the latest bumper sticker making the rounds. On the way to work today I was passed by a big, loud four-wheeler with a huge Confederate flag flying from a pole mounted on the truck bed and numerous Trump stickers. I anticipated this backlash would happen after gay marriage was made legal in NC.

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: Atheon on October 13, 2016, 03:22:16 AM
Pretty much all Trump has left supporting him are brain-damaged, knuckle-dragging Neanderthals.
Some of whom are women saying things to the effect of, "Trump can grab mine anytime." Once people pick a demagogue, it seems, they are hell-bent on going down with that ship.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

trdsf

Quote from: GSOgymrat on October 15, 2016, 09:49:10 PM
Here is the latest bumper sticker making the rounds. On the way to work today I was passed by a big, loud four-wheeler with a huge Confederate flag flying from a pole mounted on the truck bed and numerous Trump stickers. I anticipated this backlash would happen after gay marriage was made legal in NC.
I sometimes wish the South would secede again so we can quit dumping money into those states, which almost all get more federal dollars than they pay in to the system (as is the case for most red states).  Then the rest of us can quit sending our money there and get on with trying to make a less sucky society.

However, I anticipate that the North would have a liberal immigration policy for the sane people stuck down there.  :)
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Baruch

Quote from: Atheon on October 15, 2016, 08:53:28 PM
Demonizing racists... there's nothing wrong with that. They have already done that to themselves. Racism is objectionable, dare I say "evil", by any rational standard. No way I would ever side with them.

Well you have strong standards.  What about Jews who want all Gentiles exterminated?  I see extreme emotion as ... insane.  I am insane like that part of the time too.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: trdsf on October 15, 2016, 10:52:42 PM
I sometimes wish the South would secede again so we can quit dumping money into those states, which almost all get more federal dollars than they pay in to the system (as is the case for most red states).  Then the rest of us can quit sending our money there and get on with trying to make a less sucky society.

However, I anticipate that the North would have a liberal immigration policy for the sane people stuck down there.  :)

I agree it is tempting.  The South should be wary of getting what it wishes.  It would be a 3rd world nation in a decade and come into Northern economic rule soon thereafter.   
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!