Strong case to disavow current republicans

Started by AllPurposeAtheist, October 12, 2016, 01:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllPurposeAtheist

Kerigan lays it right  out how current rubes sold their soles for Trumpism and should be made to pay the price..
Interesting read..www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/the-cowardly-gop-has-engineered-its-own-suicide/2016/10/11/ec585af8-8f22-11e6-a6a3-d50061aa9fae_story.html?tid=hybrid_collaborative_1_na&utm_term=.059b9006cede

QuoteAfter years of railing against the Obama administration’s “reset,” the leading Republican spokesmen on this issue said little and did nothing when their own nominee spoke admiringly of Russian President Vladi­mir Putin and when his closest advisers were discovered to be intimately connected to the Kremlin and found to be lobbyists for Putin’s puppets in Ukraine or Gazprom’s pipeline plans. They were silent when Trump went so far as to urge the Russian intelligence services to hack Hillary Clinton’s emails. These are the political leaders who are supposed to stand up to the world’s real strongmen in Moscow and Beijing. Yet they did not stand up to this bullying would-be authoritarian when all he could do was steal away a few of their voters. They would not risk five points in their primary campaigns to stop this man from becoming commander in chief. They were willing to damage U.S. national interests, as they define them, to avoid a close race. These are the men and women to whom we should entrust the nation’s welfare?
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

SGOS

I think it's a rare politician of either party that wouldn't sell a few Americans down the road for his own personal gain.  But to do this, they need an ardent following.  If the Republican Party appealed only to the top 2% of the wealthy, they would never win an election, so through lies and deception they recruited  a part of the lower class that happens to be single issue ultra religious gun loving fanatics who pass their time formulating perceptions of America by watching Jerry Springer and other reality shows on TV.  So it's no surprise that that part of the base they depend on so much chose a realty TV host to be the Party's candidate for president.

What did the Party inner circle expect would happen?  If they continually made promises but failed to deliver, they were bound to eventually lose control of even the most easily manipulated part of their base.  It could happen to the Democrats too.  Politicians need to deliver.  They need to work for the common good.  It's kind of implied in their job description.  You keep fucking with people for your own advantage, and eventually there is payback, especially during troubled times when the backs of the masses are used to support the wealthy.  You can't keep telling the poor that things are getting better when people can't provide for their families.

People get desperate, and that's bad for the country.  People start thinking emotionally, and politicians who fan the flames of hatred and bigotry for their personal gain will end up with a frustrated and hateful base that will grab at straws thinking that any change might be a change for the better, and is therefore worth the risk. 

AllPurposeAtheist

I think Trumpster Fire is finally up shits creek. The pussy tape was just the tip of the iceberg  and his way of deflecting it and trying to tell us it's ok because Bill was worse just isn't going to fly. It's getting to the point where his only real base now are poor white men with too many axes to grind. 

Atheon

Pretty much all Trump has left supporting him are brain-damaged, knuckle-dragging Neanderthals.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Baruch

Quote from: Atheon on October 13, 2016, 03:22:16 AM
Pretty much all Trump has left supporting him are brain-damaged, knuckle-dragging Neanderthals.

Present enemies, are tomorrow's allies.  Don't burn bridges.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Atheon

The white supremacists, fascists and theocrats will never be my allies.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

AllPurposeAtheist

Funny thing about statistics..if you have 1000000, one million people with $10,000 each and one guy with 10 billion dollars in your town the average citizen has 19,999.98. Try telling a million people they have almost twice as much as they actually do.

Baruch

Demonizing political opponents, doesn't look any better for an atheist, than demonizing religious opponents looks better for a theist.

So, Blue FEMA camp for you then?  Wouldn't want to be mistakenly put into the Red FEMA camp ;-(

Mind you, I get mad at groups of people too, I just don't go to far with it.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

GSOgymrat

Quote from: Atheon on October 13, 2016, 03:22:16 AM

The Psychology Behind Donald Trump's Unwavering Support

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/mind-in-the-machine/201609/the-psychology-behind-donald-trumps-unwavering-support

... Essentially, they’re not smart enough to realize they’re dumb. ...

Baruch

Right, some shrink sat down with all those people, at $200 per hour, and looked into their souls?  Like I am going to believe that.  Simple demonizing, unfit for anyone posting here.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Quote from: Psychology articleEssentially, the loyalty of Trump supporters may in part be explained by America’s addiction with entertainment and reality TV. To some, it doesn’t matter what Trump actually says because he’s so amusing to watch. With Donald, you are always left wondering what outrageous thing he is going to say or do next. He keeps us on the edge of our seat, and for that reason, some Trump supporters will forgive anything he says. They are happy as long as they are kept entertained.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1FFVWEQnSM

Baruch

A nation of videots.  No wonder candidates both R and D ... despise voters.  Too bad no one is paying attention, while being entertained.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Have you read 'They Also Ran'?  If not, you should.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on October 15, 2016, 07:27:53 AM
Have you read 'They Also Ran'?  If not, you should.

Nope.  Alternative history is even more whacked than real history (if they ever tell the truth about it).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Atheon

Quote from: Baruch on October 13, 2016, 12:57:41 PM
Demonizing political opponents, doesn't look any better for an atheist, than demonizing religious opponents looks better for a theist.

So, Blue FEMA camp for you then?  Wouldn't want to be mistakenly put into the Red FEMA camp ;-(

Mind you, I get mad at groups of people too, I just don't go to far with it.
Demonizing racists... there's nothing wrong with that. They have already done that to themselves. Racism is objectionable, dare I say "evil", by any rational standard. No way I would ever side with them.