How Do You Rate The 2nd Debate?

Started by Hydra009, October 10, 2016, 06:55:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SGOS

According to NPR Trump actually spoke 1 minute and 40 seconds longer than Hillary.  I was surprised when I heard that because it seemed to me Trump was getting cut off more.  I think what must have happened is he got cut off more, because he was going over his time more. 

But both candidates would ignore the moderators when their time was up. I've often thought the microphones should be controlled by timer switches.  At the end of their two minutes, the microphone automatically cuts off.  They would be given 15 second warnings and a 5 second warning, and then out comes the hook at the two minute mark and they are done.  No more defiance of the moderators, and no more cutting each other off or butting in.  The candidates would both look less like assholes too if they clearly understood they were not allowed to break the rules.

FaithIsFilth

Quote from: SGOS on October 10, 2016, 09:44:15 PM
He did that other times during the night. Jumping onto an irrelevant issue to the original question.  That jarred me also.  I think once (maybe more) he would begin to answer, jump to another topic, and then jump to still another.  I would try to grasp the relevance, get lost in my confusion, and realize he was changing topics without rhyme or reason.  Politicians do this all the time, but they usually make a smooth enough transition that you don't recognize they avoided the question until much later.  Oddly, Trump doesn't seem to have that skill.
How did Trump avoid the question? He answered and apologised for Pussygate again and again. Before the debate and during. That is not avoiding the issue. He brought up ISIS because Alex Jones told him to. Jones specifically told him to bring up ISIS after the Pussygate apology, and I don't know if I would say that ISIS is irrelevant to what was being talked about. Clinton's positions help ISIS and other Islamist terrorists. Clinton has been the one in favour of arming the Islamist terrorists who are selling little girls off into child marriages Those females are not Americans though, so I guess they don't really count. Hillary has attacked potential victims of rape and actual victims of rape. In the second case she was just doing her job by attacking that twelve year old girl and claiming that she was asking to be raped, but it wasn't her job to attack the women that Bill has potentially raped. Jones also told him in another video to accuse the moderators of cheating multiple times so it would really sink in. Jones is pretty much running the Trump campaign at the moment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IExKY-WiWkk

widdershins

Quote from: Hydra009 on October 12, 2016, 03:17:28 PM
Trump spent more time bitching about the moderators than he did getting cut off by them, so he didn't do himself any favors there.

The same sort of thing happened during the Republican debate and the moderator told the guy who was complaining about it that that's the format he agreed to, basically told him to cram it.  That's how they should always handle complaints.

Or better yet, they should just cut the mic of whoever doesn't have the floor.  Interrupting is a dick move when Trump does it and it's a dick move when Kaine does it.  If you have to put a stop to it the hard way, so be it.
I was actually talking to the TV saying, "Just cut his damned mic!", so I'm with you on that.
This sentence is a lie...

SGOS

Quote from: FaithIsFilth on October 12, 2016, 04:03:51 PM
How did Trump avoid the question? He answered and apologised for Pussygate...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IExKY-WiWkk

Yes, he did apologize, and then changed the subject to ISIS.  Alex Jones didn't really tell him to, unless maybe he called him on the phone.  He said he had a message for Trump, but I really doubt that Trump watched Alex Jones on Utube.  Jones was talking to Republicans, and really just wanted to talk shit about Hillary.  He did not want to talk about Trump's lewd remarks.  Change the subject.  Bash Hillary.  That's what his video was about.

While standing on a cliff as a silly gesture of sensationalism, while adding clips of cute lemmings jumping into the lake, Alex Jones says, "Hillary is as bad as Trump."  This is the universal strategy used by third graders when they get caught doing something stupid.  It gives the teacher a headache, because it fails to address the stupidity, and reframes the issue as equivalence.  But they're third graders.

Now if Anderson Cooper said, "Please address Pussy Gate and tell us how it relates to ISIS, and why Hillary is such a bitch," it would be a pretty dumb question.  In fact, I didn't understand Cooper's question very well.  He asked Trump and ended the question, "Do you understand this?"  Like he was talking to a child.  And I was thinking, "What the Hell is that all about?"

Hillary is no angel, and I don't expect much from her as president either, but Trumps lewd remarks are Trump's and Trump's alone.  They don't necessarily mean he would be a bad president, but lewd remarks aside, he has promised a lot of incredibly idiotic and impossible policies, acts like a bull in a china shop, and isn't very inspiring as presidential material.  The lewd remarks are just part of the fun political junkies like to sling at each other.  But Trump has bigger problems than that.

But I do agree with Alex Jones that Trump needed to attack.  Trump did and it helped him appeal to his followers when he did it.  Other than that, I wouldn't set my car radio memory buttons to Alex Jones' station.

Baruch

Stale old popcorn, both of them.  Look, my stale old popcorn has more rancid fake butter on it than the other brand ...
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

And he stalked Clinton around the room.  Bad idea...  But entirely in character.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on October 15, 2016, 07:30:05 AM
And he stalked Clinton around the room.  Bad idea...  But entirely in character.

I would have the parties assassinate the other party's candidates ... then the gloves would be off, and we could see the V clients take off their masks and eat live rats.  My biggest problem with Trump, is he ran as a Republican instead of a Democrat ... he is much more of a Democrat.  I think they all got together a few years ago and agreed ... Bernie will run against Hillary and deliberately lose, Trump will run against the Republican clown car, and throw the election to Hillary if he wins the nomination.  This is a coronation, not an election ... but with special effects to avoid looking like a coronation.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

SGOS

Quote from: Baruch on October 15, 2016, 12:52:45 PM
My biggest problem with Trump, is he ran as a Republican instead of a Democrat ... he is much more of a Democrat. 

As a Democrat, I don't think he could have beaten either Hillary of Bernie in the primaries.  While, he was wildly popular with rank and file Republicans, rank and file Democrats would not have been as enamored.  Running as a Republican was a good strategy for Trump.

Quote from: Baruch on October 15, 2016, 12:52:45 PM
I think they all got together a few years ago and agreed ... Bernie will run against Hillary and deliberately lose, Trump will run against the Republican clown car...

"The Republican clown car"  Now that was a good one.

Atheon

There is nothing Democratic about Trump.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Baruch

Quote from: Atheon on October 15, 2016, 08:34:32 PM
There is nothing Democratic about Trump.

He was the Clinton's good friend, when they were carpetbagging in New York.  Democrats should still keep slaves ... too bad they changed over to be Republicans (but in name only, not like Lincoln nor Teddy).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mermaid

This is one of the funniest things I've seen in a long time.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Hydra009

That can't be real.  That doesn't even look like her!  What is that, some sort of reenactment?

I've got to look this up.  Snopes to the rescue.

Mermaid

Quote from: Hydra009 on October 16, 2016, 09:51:53 AM
That can't be real.  That doesn't even look like her!  What is that, some sort of reenactment?

I've got to look this up.  Snopes to the rescue.
IT's not, look at the line about Johnson at the bottom. That doesn't mean people don't believe it though. I've seen it in my feed this morning posted by a heavy duty Trump supporter.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Hydra009

Heh.  I didn't pay attention to the Johnson quote.  It's amazing that something like that could possibly look legit to Trump supporters, but they're apparently all about getting #hillarygropedme trending on the Twitter cesspool, so it's safe to say that honesty isn't highly valued over there.

Also, I thought might have been wrong about Trump being thin-skinned (he has taken an enormous amount of flak on the campaign trail and although he has sometimes threatened to sue critics, he weathers it for the most part) but he tweeted that he'd like to shut down SNL because they made fun of him.  So my thin-skinned comment stands.  The amount of butthurt coming from this guy is incredible.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Mermaid on October 16, 2016, 10:38:51 AM
IT's not, look at the line about Johnson at the bottom. That doesn't mean people don't believe it though. I've seen it in my feed this morning posted by a heavy duty Trump supporter.
That's a real picture, but that's the mom from The Brady Bunch.

Sent from your mom.