News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Hello!

Started by LadyHel, October 10, 2016, 04:10:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LadyHel

Hello to all,

I am rather new to all this. I was a devout christian for many years before I began to question my faith. I have recently left my Southern Baptist ways. I am leaning towards Atheism, because I am a woman of Science and I think the universe has way more to offer than the christian belief of heaven and hell. I have yet to tell my parents that my family and I do not belong to the christian faith anymore. They just began their decent into Christianity a few years ago, and they just flipped out because I didn't go to church. I would like to stay in touch with anyone that would like to talk to me, or help me through the transitional stage. That would be super helpful. I hope to get out there and tell everyone someday.

PopeyesPappy

Welcome to our little band of heathens.
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

Mr.Obvious

Welcome Hel, to the the bright side of Hell.
You'll like it, we have cookies.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Baruch

Be patient and stubborn.  And welcome.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Solomon Zorn

Hello, Hel! Hope you stay awhile!

If God Exists, Why Does He Pretend Not to Exist?
Poetry and Proverbs of the Uneducated Hick

http://www.solomonzorn.com

SGOS

PickelledEggs

Welcome!

Nice reference to Norse mythology, btw. I have a painting of Hel I was doing, never finished, and forgot about until I saw your intro

Sal1981

Cavebear

Hi, I'm 66, been an atheist since I was in Boy Scouts and refused to pledge "reverence", and a Life Member of American Atheists (though I haven't done much with that lately). 

If you recall the news articles of "few" atheist boy scouts who sent back their badges after the Paul Trout affair in the 1980s, that was me.

When I first got internet service, the 1st word I entered was "atheist". 

I was away, I'm getting back at it...

"Atheist born,
Atheist bred.
And when I die,
Atheist DEAD!"
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

aitm

welcome to our haven.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Cavebear

Thank you and love the determination symbolism of your icon.  I'll have to get a good one myself...

Cavebear

Hey, got my favorite non-blob picture up!

randomvim

Quote from: LadyHel on October 10, 2016, 04:10:28 PM
Hello to all,

I am rather new to all this. I was a devout christian for many years before I began to question my faith. I have recently left my Southern Baptist ways. I am leaning towards Atheism, because I am a woman of Science and I think the universe has way more to offer than the christian belief of heaven and hell. I have yet to tell my parents that my family and I do not belong to the christian faith anymore. They just began their decent into Christianity a few years ago, and they just flipped out because I didn't go to church. I would like to stay in touch with anyone that would like to talk to me, or help me through the transitional stage. That would be super helpful. I hope to get out there and tell everyone someday.
Hello. sorry you are yourself with such a hard obstacle in your way.

In what way are you a woman of science?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Cavebear

Hello to all,

Hello to all,

Welcome again.  So start expressing your views...  I want to hear more from you.