News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Hello peeps

Started by Ashley7B, October 09, 2016, 04:01:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashley7B

This is my first time joining a forum specifically for atheists or agnostics although it has been over a decade since I really considered myself a "believer."  Lately I have felt like I can't seem to escape Christians trying t impose themselves on me and I'm just sick of it.  I just want to be around people who don't feel the need to impose God on me!  About me:  I'm a 36 year old female, was raised mostly Southern Baptist, but dad's side of the family was Catholic.  I graduated from a Southern Baptist University with a double major in religion and psychology.  People always asked what happened.... nothing, I just became educated and gradually stopped believing in fairy tales.  Anyhow, thanks for letting me join the group.

Mr.Obvious

Welcome Ashley, to our little band of heathens.

Good to have you.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

SGOS

Welcome.  But beware.  We still have Christians coming in here who need to show us the error of our ways.

Baruch

Welcome.  No sweat for new folks here who aren't religious.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Ashley7B

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!  I look forward to having a place where I can openly be a "heathen". Not that people in my life don't know, but there's an unspoken policy that we just don't discuss it.  It's not generally worth the energy for me to argue with people. 

Solomon Zorn

Welcome Ashley7B! B7 was the number of my room in Bible College. I thought it was a sign from God.
If God Exists, Why Does He Pretend Not to Exist?
Poetry and Proverbs of the Uneducated Hick

http://www.solomonzorn.com

drunkenshoe

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

randomvim

impose. impose. impose! wait I think I'm using that word wrong. hello and good day.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

randomvim

Quote from: SGOS on October 09, 2016, 11:06:49 AM
Welcome.  But beware.  We still have Christians coming in here who need to show us the error of our ways.
so be it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Sal1981

Hi & welcome.

Education, as many have realized and noted, is the true bane for religion and superstition.

Cavebear

Education, but also rational discussion, thought, and experience. 
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!