Louisiana: Faith Healing Should Be Allowed in Science Class

Started by stromboli, June 04, 2013, 08:32:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solitary

Sorry about that it should have been for you know who.  :oops:  Bill
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

stromboli

Quote from: "SGOS"
QuoteLouisiana: Faith Healing Should Be Allowed in Science Class
And snake handling should be allowed in PE.

And tap dancing. Tap dancing snake handling. While speaking in tongues.

AllPurposeAtheist

Look. I've said it REPEATEDLY over and over on this site. The ONLY true science is the science of ONE special fairy who pays cold, hard cash for childrens teeth.
I think we all know who I'm referring to..

Ok, so I never claimed it was science, but in light of the great state of Louisiana I think it has a ring of truth to it now. :)
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Seabear

Quote from: "Minimalist"The only class they teach in the south is stupidity.  In that, they get an A.
Arizona says: "You sure are black, Mr. Kettle!"

Quote from: "SGOS"And snake handling should be allowed in PE.
FTW!

QuoteWhile speaking in tongues.
This would be for credit in foreign language, not science, silly.

We can teach immaculate conception in Health class, and resurrection in Biology!

Creationism is becoming increasingly pathetic in it's willful ignorance. Oh, and deceit, I forgot that. Keep trying to square that circle, Xtians.
"There is a saying in the scientific community, that every great scientific truth goes through three phases. First, people deny it. Second, they say it conflicts with the Bible. Third, they say they knew it all along."

- Neil deGrasse Tyson

stromboli

If I was a science teacher, faith healing would last about six minutes on the first day, just long enough to point out the studies done that disproved it. Probably about as long as I'd last as a teacher.

gussy

QuoteElbert Guillory had a novel argument in defense of LSEA: It should not be repealed because he doesn't want to "prematurely" declare that faith healing is "pseudo-science."

Why not let them teach it at the state's medical schools then?

Colanth

Quote from: "AllPurposeAtheist"
Quote from: "the_antithesis"I'd say they should teach children all about faith healing in science class.
Chop a leg off one kid in class and they can have a faith healer grow it back on the spot.. That'll confirm their belief.  =D>
I wouldn't go that far, Marty - chopping off a kid's leg.

But I don't have a problem with faith healing in school.  Let them heal all the kids they want - teachers too.  Someone comes to school with the flu?  Poof, they're cured.  A kid gets hurt on the playground?  Forget the nurse, call for the faith healer.

Or they can just limit faith healing to their church for a year or two.  After half the congregation dies, it won't be "premature" to declare faith healing a non-science.

(Yeah, I know - they'll declare that faith healing works 100% of the time that God wants it to.  Which, so far in modern times, seems to have been 0% of the time.)
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.

Krisyork2008

I just don't understand how this shouldn't also apply to every single other religious teaching that butts heads with evolution.

If you want to be fair, fucking teach them all. That would get them to change their mind, eh?

Off topic... I spent a week in Beaumont tx working for discover the dinosaurs. I didn't meet too many people there that were hardcoreatards, but the sketchiest part was that they treated weed like heroin.

People went on freaking lockdown when they smoked. It was just such a shock to me coming from Massachusetts, and then Colorado.

Idk, y'all southerns are all crazy man.
Quote from: \"sweetjesus\"you cant push a dog into a pond and it turn into a fish-- evolution is rong. Why we still got monkeys?"?
Quote from: \"GurrenLagann\"Can\'t handle criticism? Find another species. \":)\"
"The catholic church is not a force for good, and fuck you for saying so." - Matt Dillahunty
"The holy spirit can\'t hold a pen." -Russel Brand

the_antithesis

It's not a science, anyway. It's a superstition.

widdershins

Quote from: "stromboli"If I was a science teacher, faith healing would last about six minutes on the first day, just long enough to point out the studies done that disproved it. Probably about as long as I'd last as a teacher.
As it should be.  Science class is no place for facts and critical thinking.
This sentence is a lie...

Fidel_Castronaut

Quote from: "Solitary"Thanks! I was trying to show how those that think? faith healing should be taught in science class think and are trying to undermine science with their nonscience and hurt themselves. How is that off topic?  :P  Bill

No what I was saying was off topic.
 :rollin:
lol, marquee. HTML ROOLZ!

Brian37

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37

The Non Prophet

Hey Bobby Jindal, what happened to not being the "stupid party" like you mentioned?

The Non Prophet

Why stop at faith healing, let's teach crystal healing or Muslim faith healing or other pseudo scientific claims they may not share, why stop at one falsity Louisiana?

Colanth

Quote from: "The Non Prophet"Hey Bobby Jindal, what happened to not being the "stupid party" like you mentioned?
They're too stupid to realize when they're being stupid.  It's like a positive feedback system.
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.