Donald Trump: Its ok to grab women by the pussy if you're a star

Started by Nonsensei, October 08, 2016, 10:03:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydra009

Quote from: Nonsensei on October 08, 2016, 06:58:16 PMSome GOP big names have denounced him so it may not be just media hype.
Like Pence.  On one hand, I'm relieved that his campaign is crashing and burning.  On the other hand, I'm kinda miffed that this was the reason, some stupid macho talk from over a decade ago.  Deporting millions of people is okay.  Turning back immigrants at customs for their religion is okay.  Torture is okay.  Intentionally targeting civilians ("let's go after their families") is okay.  But say stupid sexist shit while shooting the breeze in a parking lot - that's crossing the line.  Dafuq, America.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not unhappy with the outcome, but get your priorities straight.  And to think, if he was just a little bit more discreet, this walking disaster possibly could have been in charge of the country.

AllPurposeAtheist

The real disappointing part of all this is the fact that he's still polling fairly close to Clinton and all his bad behavior is consistently excused and overlooked which means that we can pretty much expect more shitty candidates saying more outrageous things in the future. I had kind of hoped that his behavior would sink him so quickly nobody else would ever attempt it again, but apparently it's worked so well that we're almost certain to have even worse candidates saying more outrageous things in the coming years. This clown will someday be seen as pretty tame in comparison.  Who knows..perhaps we'll return to the days of dueling with live ammunition during congressional meetings.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

SGOS

Quote from: Hydra009 on October 08, 2016, 10:49:00 PM
Like PenceOn the other hand,.... Deporting millions of people is okay.  Turning back immigrants at customs for their religion is okay.  Torture is okay.  Intentionally targeting civilians ("let's go after their families") is okay.  But say stupid sexist shit while shooting the breeze in a parking lot - that's crossing the line.

The establishment is fleeing from this one incident for two reasons, I think.  First, it's a violation of the old family values plank that appears to have served the establishment well.  Second, the lewd remarks, while sleazy, aren't as bad as the combination of things on your list, but they represent the straw that breaks the camel's back.

There's a disconnect between the Republican establishment and the rank and file, as APA points out: 

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on October 09, 2016, 02:14:21 AM
The real disappointing part of all this is the fact that he's still polling fairly close to Clinton and all his bad behavior is consistently excused and overlooked which means that we can pretty much expect more shitty candidates saying more outrageous things in the future.

GOP voters want the party to stand by Trump
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/10/politico-morning-consult-poll-229394

The GOP establishment is still playing by the old strategies.  The voters aren't.  The promises that used to work, like family values and lower taxes aren't having an effect anymore.  The rank and file wanted change.  The establishment didn't, which led to the rise of Trump.  All those establishment figures jumping ship are just wasting their hypocritical indignation for nothing.  Jumping ship is an empty gesture when no one cares about you anymore.

It's odd that John McCain is jumping ship.  Remember him, the guy that campaigned as a maverick 8 years ago?  Trump is the real maverick.  McCain was just a pussy.  Unfortunately, Trump is also a loose cannon.

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Baruch

I hope politics gets worse ;-)  Live competitive baby eating by atheist candidates ;-))  The matrons of both parties will clutch their pearls until they asphyxiate.  Too bad Kodos isn't running, I have to settle for Gary Johnson.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

PickelledEggs

If you think the people that support him will change their vote for something like this when he said he could shoot someone on the street and not lose a vote, you're mistaken.

It doesn't make a difference.

Shiranu

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Shiranu on October 09, 2016, 10:57:00 PM
It's okay guys, it was just "locker room talk".

All the guys in the locker room that talked like that that I know of were maniacal assholes. A few of them are/have been in jail.

SGOS

Quote from: PickelledEggs on October 09, 2016, 11:40:01 PM
All the guys in the locker room that talked like that that I know of were maniacal assholes. A few of them are/have been in jail.

I've heard stuff like that in bars, but while Trump admits it's inappropriate, he also implies it's a norm of some sort.  The fact is, it's not the norm.  It is highly uncommon, and the guys that do it press the boundary of decorum just for the shock effect.  In reality, no matter what you think of guys, most guys aren't like that, and even if you had a hidden spy camera and observed for hundreds of hours in some inner sanctum of the male world, the chances of catching such behavior would be slight, approaching a probability toward the zero end of the scale, and the guy you do catch doing it is a guy you would normally think of as an asshole.

Not that guys that do it don't get a laugh.  I've even seen them get boisterous laughs from women.  I'm not sure, but I think the point of the thing is supposed to be humorous, and to demonstrate how funny it is when you act like an asshole.  The reaction I've seen is, "Ha Ha Ha; You're pretending to be such an asshole.  You're so incredibly funny."  But the thing is that, whoever is doing it is being an asshole and a lowlife.  Pretending or not, it's asshole behavior.

I may be misreading this too.  It's possible that the guy that does it is not pretending at all, and is just an asshole, and I suppose the women who seemingly enjoy it might truly like guys who are real assholes, too.  But I'd rather think that's not true.

Nonsensei

Quote from: PickelledEggs on October 09, 2016, 10:02:28 PM
If you think the people that support him will change their vote for something like this when he said he could shoot someone on the street and not lose a vote, you're mistaken.

It doesn't make a difference.

It is different though. Americans don't care about violence.

Sex is a different story. Remember our puritanical roots. Fine to burn witches. Mortal sin to like sex.

This is actually damaging to him. People who support him because they hate brown people are now forced to choose between that and their backwards, tight ass morality.
And on the wings of a dream so far beyond reality
All alone in desperation now the time has come
Lost inside you\'ll never find, lost within my own mind
Day after day this misery must go on

GSOgymrat

Men in their fifties don't sit in the locker room bragging about how when you're a star you grab women's pussies or how they hit on a married woman with fake tits and failed. Those are adolescents. Men in their fifties talk about sports, work, the weather and aches and pains.

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

GSOgymrat

Atheon

Donald Trump is one rude, crude, lewd dude. He should be booed and sued. But then he'd say he was Jewed and feign a bad mood. If he wins, we're screwed.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Hydra009

Quote from: Atheon on October 10, 2016, 08:47:31 AMDonald Trump is one rude, crude, lewd dude. He should be booed and sued. But then he'd say he was Jewed and feign a bad mood. If he wins, we're screwed.
Sorry to intrude, but I viewed what he spewed and conclude that he screwed up, his name is all chewed up, his campaign is barbecued up.  The White House he pursued will elude him because the race will exclude him - his fans need to be clued in to the magnitude of his ineptitude.