Rate of Police Shot and Killed up 59% in 2016

Started by Shiranu, October 07, 2016, 05:01:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nonsensei

For some reason that thread about tone policing just popped into my head.
And on the wings of a dream so far beyond reality
All alone in desperation now the time has come
Lost inside you'll never find, lost within my own mind
Day after day this misery must go on

Nonsensei

Just to clarify, I am criticizing you guys for dismissing what she has to say just because she isn't being nice enough when saying it. You guys all liked the tone policing thread and here you are saying she's too "nasty" to be taken seriously.

You are engaging in tone policing. Maybe she should gently suck your dicks while delivering her opinion. Would you deign to consider her points then.

We have all made angry posts about things we believe in but only certain people, specifically those of a particular position, philosophy, are perhaps even gender  are held to a higher standard of conduct. They get shut down because you don't agree with them, or don't think they have the right to comment on certain things based on where they are living at the moment.

So you criticize their attitude and tone, in order to terminate the discussion and avoid addressing the meat of their posts.

I have been guilty of doing this too, but I think that the first step towards keeping these forums from becoming an echo chamber is recognizing what we are doing to cull diversity of thought.

Gawdzilla Sama

Your estimation of our "tone" is noted and discarded.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Nonsensei

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on October 09, 2016, 10:00:36 AM
Your estimation of our "tone" is noted and discarded.

All you ever do is deliver one line assertions that are devoid of arguments and importance. You effectively dismiss yourself every time you post.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Nonsensei on October 09, 2016, 10:01:55 AM
All you ever do is deliver one line assertions that are devoid of arguments and importance. You effectively dismiss yourself every time you post.
And that matters to anyone on the planet except you in what fashion?
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Nonsensei

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on October 09, 2016, 10:35:07 AM
And that matters to anyone on the planet except you in what fashion?

That you render yourself irrelevant? I would think it would at least matter to you.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Nonsensei on October 09, 2016, 10:36:24 AM
That you render yourself irrelevant? I would think it would at least matter to you.
I was talking about your opinion of me. It certainly doesn't matter to me.
PZ Myers

Nonsensei

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on October 09, 2016, 10:49:15 AM
I was talking about your opinion of me. It certainly doesn't matter to me.

ok great. Good talk.

Gawdzilla Sama

PZ Myers

Nonsensei

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on October 09, 2016, 11:55:31 AM
Try not to be so impressed with yourself.

Says the guy who thinks hes so great he can just replace arguments with zingers and still be in the right.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Nonsensei on October 09, 2016, 12:04:24 PM
Says the guy who thinks hes so great he can just replace arguments with zingers and still be in the right.
Says the guy with "nonsense" in his user name. Or did someone force that on you?
PZ Myers

Nonsensei

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on October 09, 2016, 12:27:17 PM
Says the guy with "nonsense" in his user name. Or did someone force that on you?

() Make a reasoned argument.
() Stop responding.
() Apologize for being such a dunce.
() Change the subject.
(x) MAKE FUN OF HIS USERNAME.

PickelledEggs

I'm not dismissing anything. I'm saying it's incredibly difficult to read through her long-winded posts and find her points when a lot of what she is writing is just fluff and mean. She wonders why people chronically get upset with her, and that's why.
She often has many good points, but they are also often buried in a huge amount of toxic fluff. And a lot of the time she's misrepresenting the other person, intentionally or not.

Sent from your mom.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Nonsensei on October 09, 2016, 12:50:40 PM
() Make a reasoned argument.
() Stop responding.
() Apologize for being such a dunce.
() Change the subject.
(x) MAKE FUN OF HIS USERNAME.
You continue to be a finger-wagger when nobody cares if you even have fingers. Sadly, you haven't noticed that.
PZ Myers

Nonsensei

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on October 09, 2016, 01:20:02 PM
You continue to be a finger-wagger when nobody cares if you even have fingers.

Pure poetry.