Rate of Police Shot and Killed up 59% in 2016

Started by Shiranu, October 07, 2016, 05:01:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiranu

Perhaps critics are right; perhaps BLM is creating a violent environment where police are more at risk of being killed because of the colour of their badge. Perhaps having deal with black and latino criminals is why cops are so quick to pull the trigger, because they are just statistically more threatening.

QuoteWould it shock you to learn that the number of police who've been shot and killed in 2016 is up an astounding 59% from where it was this same date last year? Seventeen police officers have already been shot and killed in 2016, by mid-May. Only 10 had suffered that fate by May 10th, 2015.
The drastic increase shocked the hell out of me. While I primarily track, study and report the number of people killed by police, I still follow police fatalities closely. Contrary to popular belief, despising police brutality does not mean I despise police officers. I appreciate all public servants and have both a police officer and a longtime Secret Service member in my family. They are amazing, kind-hearted men who do great work. I also despise gun violence and loathe every single fatality suffered because of it.
Something's afoot, though, on why we're not hearing much about this shocking increase in the number of officers who've been shot and killed so far in 2016. Sadly, I think I have the answer.
Seventy-one percent of police who've been shot and killed this year weren't murdered by black men with cornrows or hoodies. They weren't gunned down by Latino gang members in low-rider drive-bys. Those stereotypes would be too convenient. Instead, 71% of police who've been shot and killed so far in 2016 have been killed by good old-fashioned white men.

But remember; ALM, B(lue)LM, et. al. aren't being divisive and emotional when they insist that it is the blacks who are creating a violent atmosphere...

QuoteBack in February, when police began protesting Beyoncé, I noticed then that 7 out of the 8 officers who had been killed so far were killed by white men. My gut was that most of them weren't Beyoncé fans.

The trend continues. This past weekend police protested a Beyoncé concert in Houston. In the meantime, white men continue to murder police officers all over the country.
In fact, right around the same time police were protesting Beyoncé, a white man, Curtis Ayers, shot and killed Officer Brad Lancaster of Kansas City. Lancaster was a decorated Air Force veteran and a loving father of two.
The last officer before that to be shot and killed was Officer Steven Smith, also a married father of two. Lincoln Rutledge, the white man who killed him, had also burned down his wife's home.

Why is ALM and the anti-BLM bridgade silent about the real threat to American police officers and the biggest proponents of a divided society; white men?

And how can you claim the other's to be emotional and divisive when you are protesting Beyoncé concerts because she dared to address the issue? Pointing out an uncomfortable truth is not being divisive; silencing it is.

QuoteYou haven't seen these stories on Fox News or Breitbart because they don't fit their narrative of blaming police violence on the Black Lives Matter movement or President Obama. Because "scary" black faces can't be flashed across their screens, they don't even tell the stories at all â€" which suggests they don't care so much about police, but about using police deaths like a political football.

You best believe that if a 59% rise in the number of police officers shot and killed in the line of duty could be blamed on immigrants, Mexicans, or black folk, it would be a regular conservative talking point.

Instead, Donald Trump has never mentioned these fallen officers on the campaign trail because it may have very well been his supporters who did the shooting for all he knows.

It appears that blue lives only matter to popular conservatives when they are taken by somebody they can easily demonize. In the meantime, police groups continue to protest a black woman when a black woman hasn't killed an officer in years.

Welcome to America. 2016.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: Shiranu on October 07, 2016, 05:01:42 PMWhy is ALM and the anti-BLM bridgade silent about the real threat to American police officers and the biggest proponents of a divided society; white men?
I don't consider myself a part of the "brigade," but personally I tend to be the most vocal about topics that are actually being discussed. No one really brings up white violence, so I don't find myself talking about it that often. Also, I live in a middle-class area that doesn't really feel the effects of violence -white or otherwise- so I don't have that emotional investment that might otherwise make me speak up.

It's hard to be passionate about an issue that doesn't personally affect you. Case in point: I think what's going on in Ukraine is terrible, but I don't have terribly hard feelings against the Russians for it. My Ukrainian co-worker, on the other hand, is enraged at the very mention of anything Russian because of what's happening to his country right now. Personal investment in an issue is a huge game-changer when it comes to how you react and how strong that reaction is. This is why for all my criticisms of Black Lives Matter, you will never hear me blame them for feeling the way they do. If I had their experience, I'd probably be just as pissed.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Baruch

OP ... Black cops are under Stockholm syndrome ... they are Oreos ... just like Obama and Powell.  White violence is considered acceptable, because that is how you keep this plantation going.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Baruch on October 07, 2016, 06:16:36 PM
OP ... Black cops are under Stockholm syndrome ... they are Oreos ... just like Obama and Powell.  White violence is considered acceptable, because that is how you keep this plantation going.
Nice slander, Baruch. Good thing nobody takes you seriously.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Cocoa Beware

QuoteInstead, 71% of police who've been shot and killed so far in 2016 have been killed by good old-fashioned white men.

In the US cops also kill more white people then black people.

I think racial proportionality goes a long way to explain this; USA is roughly 64% white and 12% black.

Shiranu

Quote from: Cocoa Beware on October 07, 2016, 10:09:11 PM
In the US cops also kill more white people then black people.

I think racial proportionality goes a long way to explain this; USA is roughly 64% white and 12% black.

I intentionally left that out, just to see if someone wanted to use that argument. It's why I don't think you can actually use this article to say, "See, it's just because white people are..." as my over the top comments implied, no more than saying more whites are killed by police means that BLM needs to stop complaining since more whites are killed ( an argument used by several posters).
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on October 07, 2016, 07:47:11 PM
Most of the time I just skim over his posts and don't even look at the words lol

Cocoa Beware

Quote from: Shiranu on October 07, 2016, 10:27:56 PM
I intentionally left that out, just to see if someone wanted to use that argument. It's why I don't think you can actually use this article to say, "See, it's just because white people are..." as my over the top comments implied, no more than saying more whites are killed by police means that BLM needs to stop complaining since more whites are killed ( an argument used by several posters).

A fair point, over the years I've seen that kind of thing in a variety of topics and it's not very helpful.

Baruch

Captive by the System much?  My reputation doesn't bother me, that is for egotists.  I am not saying you oppress anyone directly ... but we all do indirectly, foreign and domestic policy.  I support my country, when it is in the right ... and deplore it when it is in the wrong ... true patriotism.  So whatever we send to help Haiti after the hurricane ... that is supportable.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Baruch on October 08, 2016, 03:55:55 AM
Captive by the System much?  My reputation doesn't bother me, that is for egotists.  I am not saying you oppress anyone directly ... but we all do indirectly, foreign and domestic policy.  I support my country, when it is in the right ... and deplore it when it is in the wrong ... true patriotism.  So whatever we send to help Haiti after the hurricane ... that is supportable.
"we all do indirectly" Jesus fucking Christ.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on October 07, 2016, 05:19:08 PM
I don't consider myself a part of the "brigade," but personally I tend to be the most vocal about topics that are actually being discussed. No one really brings up white violence, so I don't find myself talking about it that often. Also, I live in a middle-class area that doesn't really feel the effects of violence -white or otherwise- so I don't have that emotional investment that might otherwise make me speak up.

It's hard to be passionate about an issue that doesn't personally affect you. Case in point: I think what's going on in Ukraine is terrible, but I don't have terribly hard feelings against the Russians for it. My Ukrainian co-worker, on the other hand, is enraged at the very mention of anything Russian because of what's happening to his country right now. Personal investment in an issue is a huge game-changer when it comes to how you react and how strong that reaction is. This is why for all my criticisms of Black Lives Matter, you will never hear me blame them for feeling the way they do. If I had their experience, I'd probably be just as pissed.

That's what I meant before with 'If it is not happening to you, anything is like watching a movie'. But, I think it is much more complicated than that.

First of all, we also watch people reacting to events that don't even touch them with an understanding that they almost always condemn with other issues. Frankly, their scepticism, independet thinking only works in limits of what is beneficial and profitable to them.

For example, when it comes to certain issues, religious thinking gets criticised the hell out of its ass, but most of the time, most people are -may be they are not even aware- giving perfectly 'religious' responses when something doesn't directly affect them, but cause disorder and trouble. "If the beast doesn't harm me, let it live forever." Entitlement. Me. This is the core essence of religion, the very definition of it. Not scripture. Scripture is the series of stories made up to impose that norm in an organised, systematic manner.

Religious thinking and norms are 'designed'; develop to make people ignore the struggle of any other and teach them to exist through entitlement. It's something more than plain apathy or just being a spectator. It's learned. If people were really apathetic, they wouldn't respond to these issues. But what they do? They get personally offended by it even though it doesn't touch their lives. They get pissed off and backlash. They do not even distant the issue from themselves when responding in grammatical form, It's all about 'me'.

White violence has been brought up as an issue in this forum. Nobody is interested in talking about it, because 'everybody' in this community is 'white' and their culture, specifically the American culture which perpetually defines everything negative and so its domestic issues with the 'other'. White violence, white crime over all or the white on white violence is not just something people don't talk about in this manner, but it is also badly under reported and 'it is OK', nothing something to worry about extra. And that censorhip is not something deliberate, but occurs by itself. Culture is inherently racist and sexist and it has an auto-censorship developed to cover it. It's not even an issue. Convictions. They are bought and sold with 4 mins youtube videos.

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

drunkenshoe

Quote from: PickelledEggs on October 08, 2016, 12:19:59 AM
Most of the time I just skim over his posts and don't even look at the words lol

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on October 08, 2016, 05:18:40 AM
"we all do indirectly" Jesus fucking Christ.

Assuming any of you can follow what he is writing in his own way?

Baruch often tells more than what you do with your broken record of bashing and whining rants, Pickel or you, Gawdzilla with constant kidergarten level of snarky one liners that comes the moment someone says someting 'baaad' about military or the white city hall. 

Frankly, he has far more humour and salt to be critical with his own culture. And definitely has much better historical perspective than most people in this forum. Esp. the ones we never hear the end of their knowledge of history, but can't get anything beyond 'when I was in the army...' bullshit. That's you, Gawdzilla.

We have a saying; 'the blind the deaf host each other perfectly'. A good one that fits the current party above.

What Baruch says is that you should be able to differ bullshit; namely jingoist propaganda from patriotism and he offers a clear definition. It's plain English and very simply put. Might be difficult to get if you are not 'listening' and just posting to lash out though.

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

PickelledEggs

Oh wow. Really went right for my heart, Shoe...  :rolleyes:

Sent from your mom.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: PickelledEggs on October 08, 2016, 05:53:24 AM
Oh wow. Really went right for my heart, Shoe...  :rolleyes:

Sent from your mom.

See, you nailed it on the head in a way. Why should I go for your heart when you obviously stated something wrong and open to criticism? To be politcially correct because you are also my friend? To jump a bandwagon about a member so to be popular or liked? Have fun at somene's expense even though they are talking a truth out loud about a major issue which is being able to criticise one's own culture; the basic the root of all issues we have? Or should I just dismiss it all?

I don't know if I am going to live long enough to see or if it will ever happen, but someday you might find out that I actually take most people more seriously than they take themselves.

AllPurposeAtheist

Thinking about my own life and how many fights I was in in my younger days.. I was robbed a few times and hit a few times when it happened, both times by black men.. I walked away both times pretty much unscathed. I have been assaulted multiple times by white men and almost every time I required hospitalization with either broken bones or pretty bad cuts and bruises.. When white men attack they're typically much more vicious for whatever reason.
More often than not in WOW (white on white) violence police will write it off as just 'good old boys having fun', but BOW violence, you better call in the marines! Lock em up and throw away the key ðŸ"'..
A few years back I was assaulted and had my face kicked in by white guys. I spent a week in the hospital with a broken eye socket, but police seemed almost completely indifferent until I called them out and threatened to go public with the media. They suddenly had the guys locked up the next day.
Point being that if you're robbed and beaten by a white guy or guys chances are the police will try to look the other way,  but get robbed and beaten by a black guy or guys and you can pretty much predict there will be a city wide dragnet out looking for them..
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.