News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Atheist/Agnostic Tattoos. Good or Bad?

Started by Bluewind, April 13, 2016, 02:05:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Go Quetzalquatle ... not that douche Tezcatlpoca.  You kind of look like Cortez already.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

TrueStory

Tats are pretty much the norm nowadays.  The only thing that bothers me is one day person has a heart on their ankle and 2 weeks later they have a full sleeve of typical boring tatpop.  Screams tacky.  I do like using tats as an excuse to look at certain places on the ladies, ifywim.
Please don't take anything I say seriously.

Mermaid

I won't even put a political sign on my lawn.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Kaleb5000

Quote from: Bluewind on April 13, 2016, 02:05:35 AM
If you had the option right now to get a permanent mark on your body (easily hidden spot or very public area) showing that you are an Atheist, Agnostic, Humanist, or other type of non-theist, would you do it? Before you think about the pain and such, in this hypothetical situation the tattoo would be painless, instant, well designed to your taste, free, and can never be removed for the rest of your life.

Follow up questions
1. What is your opinion and reaction to those who get real world tattoos symbolizing that they are not theists and of the images themselves?
2. Would it be dangerous for those like us to have a visible tattoo showing their beliefs?
3. Is it hypocritical and/or wrong for people to get religious tattoos (which is a very popular subject for tattoos) if their holy text says it's wrong or a sin if it's done to show their faith?

It's a horrible idea.

However if you are gonna get a Atheist tattoo why hide it? Are you afraid you might have to defend your position? Are you ashamed?

If you are a atheist you should know why you are a atheist and if you get a tattoo about being a atheist you should be able to answer anyone's questions as to why you are a atheist.

In short don't do it. It is a horrible idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shiranu

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on October 15, 2016, 08:15:52 PM
Riveting argument.

Don't modify your body with rivets, too Frankenstein ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Eh, ugly and showy-offy skin isn't all that admirable.  Tats are anti-skin.  I don't admire people who have to damage themselves that way seeking attention.  If you need that much attention, grow a beard, dye your hair.  At least that is temporary. 
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!