News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

how loving christians are!

Started by doorknob, October 06, 2016, 11:03:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

popsthebuilder

Quote from: Mike Cl on October 07, 2016, 03:29:53 PM
Yes you do--you are a living example of what he was talking about.  You, like all other theists take a little from here, a little from there and a bit of this and a bit of that.  And that is what they believe--for today.  But there there is always another setting in the cafeteria, so it does not matter.  Hypocrite is the only constant.
Not all are hypocrites, but it seems very many are, not excluding any in particular.

Peace

Sent from my Z988 using Tapatalk

Blackleaf

Quote from: popsthebuilder on October 07, 2016, 03:57:49 PM
I'm not interested in your pre-made rebuttals.

The Christ said to love your neighbor as yourself, and expounded further by saying to treat your enemy as your friend.

You cannot own a human life and to love them as yourself.

That's all.  It's that simple.

Peace

You're shamelessly dodging and grasping at straws. If anyone has a premade response here, it's you. You cannot deny that Jesus never said a word against slavery. You cannot deny that the New Testament uses slavery as a comparison to a believer's relationship to God. You know full well that your example is weak. A slave is neither a neighbor or an enemy. A slave is property. Cherrypick all you want; you're not fulling anyone but yourself.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Baruch

Quote from: popsthebuilder on October 07, 2016, 07:13:59 PM
Assumption from ignorance, thankfully.

Loving GOD, which is to say; being devout to what can be known of GOD within our life effectually negates self loathing tendencies. I am speaking from personal experience.

humbly,
peace

I am glad, at least in your case, you are happy.  Attributing at least that part of your experience to G-d is gratitude enough.  I would wish everyone happy, whether they attribute it to G-d or not.  That is my prejudice.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

popsthebuilder

Quote from: Blackleaf on October 08, 2016, 02:03:31 AM
You're shamelessly dodging and grasping at straws. If anyone has a premade response here, it's you. You cannot deny that Jesus never said a word against slavery. You cannot deny that the New Testament uses slavery as a comparison to a believer's relationship to God. You know full well that your example is weak. A slave is neither a neighbor or an enemy. A slave is property. Cherrypick all you want; you're not fulling anyone but yourself.
Wow.  The commands of the Christ pertain to the world as a whole. He also taught utter equity. He didn't say love all but your slaves. And the comparison to stewardship and following GOD in faith was a description that people could easily grasp at the time given that servitude was the norm.

Nice try,  but your nonexistent point is moot.

Peace

popsthebuilder

Quote from: Baruch on October 08, 2016, 03:48:34 AM
I am glad, at least in your case, you are happy.  Attributing at least that part of your experience to G-d is gratitude enough.  I would wish everyone happy, whether they attribute it to G-d or not.  That is my prejudice.
I wish I could thumbs up. Oh wait...

ðŸ'

popsthebuilder

Quote from: Baruch on October 08, 2016, 03:48:34 AM
No friend,  I am not happy. I am plagued by shame due to knowing misdirection. Yet it is a means to an end,  and I will abide by what I know to be true eventually.

Peace

Baruch

Quote from: popsthebuilder on October 08, 2016, 06:51:58 AM
No friend,  I am not happy. I am plagued by shame due to knowing misdirection. Yet it is a means to an end,  and I will abide by what I know to be true eventually.

Peace

May you overcome your guilt (with G-d of course) and embrace shamelessness ... like Paul.  He would have worn a scary clown costume if necessary, for his Jesus.  People in general and Americans in particular, are unconscious of their own servitude.  And if they are, they seek to escape it (which is impossible).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

popsthebuilder

Quote from: Baruch on October 08, 2016, 09:36:36 AM
May you overcome your guilt (with G-d of course) and embrace shamelessness ... like Paul.  He would have worn a scary clown costume if necessary, for his Jesus.  People in general and Americans in particular, are unconscious of their own servitude.  And if they are, they seek to escape it (which is impossible).
Thank you for your kind words.

Might all come to peace through acknowledgment, and acceptance of what is right, with patience and perseverance, by the will of GOD and for the sake of creation.

Peace sincerely and humbly

Baruch

Quote from: popsthebuilder on October 08, 2016, 09:47:36 AM
Thank you for your kind words.

Might all come to peace through acknowledgment, and acceptance of what is right, with patience and perseverance, by the will of GOD and for the sake of creation.

Peace sincerely and humbly

Right ... Good Thought, Good Words, Good Deeds ... brought to you by the Persian Empire, and the Messiah Cyrus (look it up).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

popsthebuilder

Quote from: Baruch on October 08, 2016, 09:51:29 AM
Right ... Good Thought, Good Words, Good Deeds ... brought to you by the Persian Empire, and the Messiah Cyrus (look it up).
I need not look up a thing friend and study the Zend Avesta quite regularly.

Peace friend.

Might all relinquish pride and fear that an opening and void might be filled with that righteous holy substance.

Mike Cl

Quote from: popsthebuilder on October 07, 2016, 10:49:58 PM
Not all are hypocrites, but it seems very many are, not excluding any in particular.

Peace

Yeah, there are some that actually believe (well, whatever it is they believe, for no two believers believe the same) what they gather from the Bible.  The problem is that there is no 'bible' but hundreds of versions of it.  And no two read it the same way.  It is literally possible to construct anything you want.  The versions of christanity are so varied that it really renders all of those beliefs meaningless.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

popsthebuilder

Quote from: Mike Cl on October 08, 2016, 11:50:43 AM
Yeah, there are some that actually believe (well, whatever it is they believe, for no two believers believe the same) what they gather from the Bible.  The problem is that there is no 'bible' but hundreds of versions of it.  And no two read it the same way.  It is literally possible to construct anything you want.  The versions of christanity are so varied that it really renders all of those beliefs meaningless.
On the contrary; an objective view of what is right is easily found and constant with negation of self from equation. The selfless conscience is objective.

Peace

Blackleaf

Quote from: popsthebuilder on October 08, 2016, 06:48:11 AM
Wow.  The commands of the Christ pertain to the world as a whole. He also taught utter equity. He didn't say love all but your slaves. And the comparison to stewardship and following GOD in faith was a description that people could easily grasp at the time given that servitude was the norm.

Nice try,  but your nonexistent point is moot.

Peace

Oh, he DIDN'T say that? I guess you got me there. I guess when you base your theology on what Jesus' didn't say, you've got yourself some unbreakable logic.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

popsthebuilder

Quote from: Blackleaf on October 08, 2016, 12:16:54 PM
Oh, he DIDN'T say that? I guess you got me there. I guess when you base your theology on what Jesus' didn't say, you've got yourself some unbreakable logic.
So words must be spoken in a completely literal sense for you to even grasp them?

I think your playing willfully ignorant for your own motives which most likely don't benefit any, but that's just my opinion.

Peace

sdelsolray

Quote from: popsthebuilder on October 07, 2016, 03:57:49 PM
The Christ said to love your neighbor as yourself, and expounded further by saying to treat your enemy as your friend.
That's all.  It's that simple.

So, these are the two, and only two, rules referenced in your OP.

This is further evidence that you are a Cafeteria Christianâ,,¢.