"Threatening Clown" Assault at Texas State Uni.

Started by Shiranu, October 05, 2016, 02:39:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiranu

http://www.kvue.com/news/local/texas-state-student-attacked-by-man-dressed-as-clown-school-says/329059619

(It's not letting me copy-paste, so paraphrasing.)

Monday night, a student I know was grabbed as she was heading back to her apartments by someone dressed up in a clown outfit. It's a bit unsettling, because most nights I walk alone for about 2-3 miles to get back to my car through this area after work or class... I have not once felt unsafe in the two years I have been doing that, but now that's changing.

The reason I posted it though is that this is a trend spreading across the United States, of people in clown outfits harassing people and threatening schools.

I just don't get what is wrong with people. This falls into the "prank" videos that are so huge now that are not pranks but just being a jackass. Just a few days ago in Dallas, one of these clowns got his ass beat because he was carrying a bat. And I am sorry, but if you are dressed like this at night, harassing women (like this guy) or just anyone you see... you "deserve" (are asking to) to get beat up and/or shot. They don't know if you are just pranking them or are actually hiding your face and stalking them because you are about to mug, rape or kill them... especially when you are holding a weapon.

My gut tells me 99.9% of these people are idiots just looking to scare people and be a douche bag, but it's just such a fucking stupid idea... I just don't get it.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

GSOgymrat

The clown thing started here about a month ago. I overheard children in the neighborhood talking about whose dad is going to shoot the clown lurking in the woods. Guess what I am NOT going to be for Halloween.

Penn State students just had a mob freak out because someone reported seeing a clown. Here is a video.

https://twitter.com/mitchystew/status/783160579901054976

Draconic Aiur

Quote from: GSOgymrat on October 05, 2016, 02:50:43 PM
The clown thing started here about a month ago. I overheard children in the neighborhood talking about whose dad is going to shoot the clown lurking in the woods. Guess what I am NOT going to be for Halloween.

Penn State students just had a mob freak out because someone reported seeing a clown. Here is a video.

HA!

drunkenshoe

This is so weird. So these people are running away from a clown mob? What is really going on there?

E: OK, I have just been corrected that it is actually about ONE clown people are running away from like this. Are these people crazy?

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

TomFoolery

Freedom of speech versus yelling fire in a crowded theater.

Where exactly do clowns land?
How can you be sure my refusal to agree with your claim a symptom of my ignorance and not yours?

Shiranu

Quote from: TomFoolery on October 05, 2016, 05:00:05 PM

At night time with a bat or when stalking?

About 5 tiers above the theatre.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

Quote from: TomFoolery on October 05, 2016, 05:00:05 PM

Mimes don't speek or yell.  Surrender monkeys!  Being black at a KKK rally?  Why assume the average person is sane ... because of majoritarianism?  How is this any different than Arab men assaulting skin showing women?  And what is wrong with holding a weapon ... I thought we had decided to endorse open carry ... how is open carry of a bike horn scarier than open carry of an uzi?  Shiranu ... your beard might be too ME ... too triggering.  I bet it is loaded too, if you have been drinking ;-)  Fact is people just want to go out and kill anyone who looks different ... so let us all look alike, so people aren't freaked by freaks.  Not enough to be Stepford wives, let us all be identical department store manikins ... all plastic White female with changeable wig hair and no sex organs ... that will please the Puritans.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

SGOS

This is one strange video.  It could serve as a template in a Hollywood comedy film.  I'm wondering if it was staged.  Hundreds of people running from a clown?  Zombies or Independence day Aliens maybe, but a clown?  Wasn't there at least one drunk jock in the crowd who would want to prove himself by whoopin' some clown ass?

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Baruch on October 05, 2016, 09:15:21 PM
Mimes don't speek or yell.  Surrender monkeys!  Being black at a KKK rally?  Why assume the average person is sane ... because of majoritarianism?  How is this any different than Arab men assaulting skin showing women?  And what is wrong with holding a weapon ... I thought we had decided to endorse open carry ... how is open carry of a bike horn scarier than open carry of an uzi?  Shiranu ... your beard might be too ME ... too triggering.  I bet it is loaded too, if you have been drinking ;-)  Fact is people just want to go out and kill anyone who looks different ... so let us all look alike, so people aren't freaked by freaks.  Not enough to be Stepford wives, let us all be identical department store manikins ... all plastic White female with changeable wig hair and no sex organs ... that will please the Puritans.

No, because average people -we- assume that -we are- they are sane. That's the biggest majority you could ever think of.

'Arab men', Baruch? If you mean muslims, only 12 % of muslims are Arabs and probably half of is male. And any of them assaulting a skin showing woman is exactly the same thing as most western men and women agree that 'if a woman is dressed like a slut she is asking for it'. The former group is living in a society where no women dressed in revealing clothes, the latter is supposedly live in a society where women can wear anything they want. In both societies the rape culture is rampant and they both think theirs is much better than the other one. Pffft.

But attacking theatres showing Batman with a joker syndrome, massive Halloween pranks with running away from clowns, endorsing open carry of automatic weapons...etc those are uniquely American I promise. We just have the boring old bombings and civil wars from ancient feuds over here. 

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

drunkenshoe

Quote from: SGOS on October 06, 2016, 04:09:22 AM
This is one strange video.  It could serve as a template in a Hollywood comedy film.  I'm wondering if it was staged.  Hundreds of people running from a clown?  Zombies or Independence day Aliens maybe, but a clown?  Wasn't there at least one drunk jock in the crowd who would want to prove himself by whoopin' some clown ass?

I think Americans got in the Halloween spirit a bit too deep and early this year. And massive clown pranks are a thing this year.

Baruch

I was joking about open carry.  Middle Class Americans assume everyone is just like them, and panic when they find that isn't true.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Munch

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.