News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Additional Version of the Mazda Miata for 2017

Started by SGOS, October 04, 2016, 08:05:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SGOS

Car buffs might be interested in this new style for the Miata MX-5.  I've always been a fan of the Miata and owned one for 4 years.  I sold it a year ago, and missed it almost immediately.  Now I'm getting ready to buy another one, although, I'll probably buy the traditional soft top convertible, rather than this new version of the retractable hard top.  I think this new version looks rather appealing, but I haven't seen the actual car yet.

I'm not what you would call a car person.  I've always bought practical economical cars that serve a utilitarian purpose.  But I've had a secret desire for a Miata since the first one came out in 1989, I finally bought one after wanting one for 17 years, and while I'm not a wild about cars type guy, I've got to tell that I loved driving that Miata every minute I was in it.  Top down all the time, unless it was raining.  In the winter, top down with the heater on full blast.  And it was so responsive that just controlling it was a delight.

It's odd.  I've never had a desire for a Corvette or a Porsche (OK, maybe a little bit on the Porsche), but a Miata was always that car that one day I knew I had to own, and owning it was every bit as fun as dreaming about owning it.

Shiranu

A Miata has been my dream car for several years... I am not concerned with dropping mmmph-thousand dollars on some car that can do zero-60 in 2.0 seconds or hit 180 mph, I just want something small and fun. The Miata consistently ranks up with other roadsters that cost 40, 50k+ more than it... so it fit's both what I want and is extremely economically practical.

Once I can trade in my Mazda3, that is what I am getting... though probably going with the 2016 Club. This one is a bit too expensive for me.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

The Skeletal Atheist

It looks like a 911...I mean, good look, but not terribly original.
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

SGOS

It does seem to mimic the 911, although that picture is a bit deceptive.  I've seen some others that show the car from slightly different angles and that 911 similarity fades a bit.  The similarity is still there, and no doubt that's what they wanted, but it fades.

On the other hand the soft top convertible reminds me of the 1960s MG, and I actually like that look better.  Well, it's not an identical look to the MG, so much as it's just more simple and clean.  Although that changes a little with the 2006 model, and even more so with the 2016, as the original style starts to take on a more "muscular" feel.

The retractable hard top with it's 911 look takes the Miata in an entirely new direction.  It's almost like a different make and model.  I think it will appeal to some people, although I still prefer the older look, myself.