USA Today: Trump unfit for the presidency

Started by Hydra009, October 04, 2016, 09:52:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GSOgymrat

The election is going to be rigged, but only of Trump loses. Trump is a winner and winner don't lose.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Op9Bkpeu4s

Atheon

Quote from: Hydra009 on October 06, 2016, 09:06:30 AM
I'd bet on it.  Like I've said before, it's going to be close.  (At the time, a lot of people didn't think it'd even be close - that it'd be a blowout for Clinton.  That tune has changed.)

From the forecasts I've seen, Clinton's going to win.  There's even a good chance NC will go blue this time around.  Of course, the situation could change but I'm not expecting it to change by much.
With a month to go, Hillary's chances of winning on November 8 are currently 78% (Source: 538). This is higher than Obama's chances at this stage 4 years ago.

Of course, voters are fickle beasts, and things can change on a dime.

I'm cautiously optimistic about a Clinton win, but I won't be betting any money on it. I know what the Republicans are capable of: their strategy for winning has been "lie, cheat and steal" since Reagan. Republicans know how to dupe those of below average intelligence (i.e. half of the population).
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Baruch

1. NC is getting a hurricane ... proof of gays etc
2. Being a winner in spite of reality is an Americanism
3. On either candidate, be careful of what you wish for
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

I am voting for Hillary.  I know that some here will disagree and some agree; and that some will be pissed off.  But then, I'm voting for me and not you.  And to keep Trump out of office--and I wish we could vote him off this island..................he is a blight to our society in ways that Hillary cannot even imagine being. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Gawdzilla Sama

I'm voting for Hillary because the GOP needs a fucking wake-up call. Being out of the White House for sixteen years should do that nicely.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

GSOgymrat

At this point, after the lewd comments fiasco, I think the Republicans should "fire" Trump and have Pence as the Republican presidential candidate. If the Republicans agreed to fire Trump but Pence, Paul Ryan or pretty much any top Republican would be guaranteed the presidency I would take that deal. Trump is really that bad.

SGOS

Quote from: GSOgymrat on October 07, 2016, 08:58:28 PM
At this point, after the lewd comments fiasco,

Which lewd fiasco?  This one?

http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/07/politics/donald-trump-women-vulgar/
Trump bragged on hot mic about being able to grope women

He also said: "When you're a star, they let you do it. You can do anything ... Grab them by the pussy. You can do anything."

Suave Devil!

Hydra009

Quote from: GSOgymrat on October 07, 2016, 08:58:28 PMAt this point, after the lewd comments fiasco, I think the Republicans should "fire" Trump and have Pence as the Republican presidential candidate. If the Republicans agreed to fire Trump but Pence, Paul Ryan or pretty much any top Republican would be guaranteed the presidency I would take that deal. Trump is really that bad.
Pence has his own issues.  The weakness of the Republican Party is the reason Trump was such a success this time around and more of the same is going to kill them in the long-term - which I guess is better than quicker death Trump is leading them down.  Imo, the Republicans should try to rein themselves back on the social issues and present a more moderate and inclusive front if they want to get back in the White House again.  Hell, maybe they could even try to find common cause with the Libertarians.  And if the social issue nutcases want to break away, let 'em and watch them crash and burn in a decade or so.

GSOgymrat

Quote from: SGOS on October 07, 2016, 09:40:12 PM
Which lewd fiasco?  This one?

http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/07/politics/donald-trump-women-vulgar/

Yes. Of course this isn't the worst thing Trump has done but it just adds to the mountain of evidence that he is unqualified to be commander-in-chief and would be an embarrassment as representative of the US. Unfortunately the GOP has fallen for the sunk costs fallacy.

AllPurposeAtheist

Democrats should hang this dirty fuck around republican necks for the next 50 years just for nominating him, but more importantly for putting our national interest at stake to such a degree. I suspect even more dirt is going to come out before the election if he isn't indicted and arrested for some dirty dealing.  Can you imagine the FBI perp walking the republican nominee for president?  That would be a hoot.
Even George Will decided to leave the republican party because of trump and his bullshit..
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

The Skeletal Atheist

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on October 08, 2016, 04:24:04 AM
Democrats should hang this dirty fuck around republican necks for the next 50 years just for nominating him, but more importantly for putting our national interest at stake to such a degree. I suspect even more dirt is going to come out before the election if he isn't indicted and arrested for some dirty dealing.  Can you imagine the FBI perp walking the republican nominee for president?  That would be a hoot.
I was hoping he's the final nail in the coffin for a national GOP.
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

Baruch

Quote from: The Skeletal Atheist on October 08, 2016, 04:28:24 AM
I was hoping he's the final nail in the coffin for a national GOP.

The power behind the throne owns all parties.  I don't think Dick Cheney will allow whoever he is keeping prisoner in his "man sized safe" to escape so easily.  The son of JEB is already being groomed.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: GSOgymrat on October 07, 2016, 10:22:59 PM
Yes. Of course this isn't the worst thing Trump has done but it just adds to the mountain of evidence that he is unqualified to be commander-in-chief and would be an embarrassment as representative of the US. Unfortunately the GOP has fallen for the sunk costs fallacy.

Yes, so much better to be molested by Bill Clinton and the other Demon-crats ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: GSOgymrat on October 07, 2016, 08:58:28 PM
At this point, after the lewd comments fiasco, I think the Republicans should "fire" Trump and have Pence as the Republican presidential candidate. If the Republicans agreed to fire Trump but Pence, Paul Ryan or pretty much any top Republican would be guaranteed the presidency I would take that deal. Trump is really that bad.

Yes, Pence is the most presidential of the four ... Kaine is like a Chihuahua.  Paul Ryan is the ideological head of the GOP ... not the messiah Cruz.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on October 08, 2016, 04:24:04 AM
Even George Will decided to leave the republican party because of trump and his bullshit..

Can you imagine the FBI perp walking the democrat nominee for president?  Don't worry, the FBI is bought.  The FBI and the Justice Department have been whores since the 60s and 70s.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.