News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

debunk these codes of the Bible

Started by Goon, September 26, 2016, 02:19:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goon

my friend seems to think there are codes in the Bible that military super computers can't solve. He claims at one point the head of NSA quit his post to study the codes. Is he just a crackhead Christian? http://www.csicop.org/si/show/hidden_messages_and_the_bible_code he says there are these codes that predict events 1000s of years in advance. What do I say?
You evolutionists are spoiling our fun!

SGOS

Quote from: Goon on September 26, 2016, 02:19:52 PM
my friend seems to think there are codes in the Bible that military super computers can't solve. He claims at one point the head of NSA quit his post to study the codes. Is he just a crackhead Christian? http://www.csicop.org/si/show/hidden_messages_and_the_bible_code he says there are these codes that predict events 1000s of years in advance. What do I say?

Military super computers can't decode them, but he can?  I'm seeing a problem right out of the gate on this one.

PopeyesPappy

Did you even read the link you posted? No? Well here then let me share a little of it with you...

QuoteThe source of the mysterious “Bible code” has been revealed â€" it’s homo sapiens.

Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

Journey_To_Mars

You cannot predict things thousands of years in advanced, nor can you predict things a few days in advanced. In a chaotic system, you need infinite accuracy in order for something to be correct, so even if a few things were predicted correctly, they're just a coincidence, or any normal person could see it coming eventually.
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets." - Voltaire

Maths is a game where you make the rules and play around within them.

Baruch

Quote from: Journey_To_Mars on September 26, 2016, 04:08:22 PM
You cannot predict things thousands of years in advanced, nor can you predict things a few days in advanced. In a chaotic system, you need infinite accuracy in order for something to be correct, so even if a few things were predicted correctly, they're just a coincidence, or any normal person could see it coming eventually.

A more accurate example ... reality isn't classical, it is quantum.  Say you have an experiment (microscopic), where an electron has to be either spin up or spin down.  And that it is a 50/50 chance of either one.  You can't even predict the spin of the next electron ... just that after counting many electrons, the average will tend toward 50/50.  Just like flipping a coin (macroscopic).  The idea that we can predict anything, other than gross averages ... is part of the delusion of classical physics (Lagrange I believe thought that with infinite precision, the Newtonian system for say the Solar System, was perfectly deterministic) ... this is ... as you point out ... false.  Newton and Lagrange were disproven by Poincare over 100 years ago.  People know some science, usually the obsolete kind.  Then they think they know something of the Truth.  Just as deluded as any theist.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Per the OP ... in any long semi-random string of characters ... there are coincidences.  The more characters in your string, the more the coincidences.  But there are some who say ... there are no coincidences ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Atheon

As if the military would waste its computer resources on bibble codes...
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Baruch

Quote from: Atheon on September 26, 2016, 07:59:00 PM
As if the military would waste its computer resources on bibble codes...

Probably already done so.  They spent years trying to psych out goats:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Men_Who_Stare_at_Goats
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Journey_To_Mars

Thank you for expanding on what I said, it helps me out because I'm not very good at describing the quantum world.
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets." - Voltaire

SGOS

Quote from: Journey_To_Mars on September 26, 2016, 08:32:23 PM
Thank you for expanding on what I said, it helps me out because I'm not very good at describing the quantum world.

Neither are the experts.

Journey_To_Mars

That's true, quantum mechanics is fucking weird

aitm

The babble for all its supposed "knowledge" does a pretty shitty job of guessing the future, but more telling is that it doesn't even know the past. One would think ole god would have been a little more knowledgeable about dinosaurs etc..
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Baruch

Quote from: Journey_To_Mars on September 26, 2016, 09:32:07 PM
That's true, quantum mechanics is fucking weird

In an infinity of parallel worlds, there is one where Jesus is actually real ;-))
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

SGOS

Quote from: Baruch on September 27, 2016, 07:21:08 AM
In an infinity of parallel worlds, there is one where Jesus is actually real ;-))

But can he operate independently of the physical laws of that reality?

Baruch

Quote from: SGOS on September 27, 2016, 07:30:03 AM
But can he operate independently of the physical laws of that reality?

if the physical laws are different in every reality, how about one where the laws are controlled by someone's will?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.