"Real Reason White People Say, 'All Lives Matter.' "

Started by Shiranu, September 22, 2016, 12:00:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PickelledEggs

Lots of Muslims and Christians don't interpret the Koran and the Bible to have orders and messages of violence and pedophilia, I guess lots of groups have their delusions.

Shiranu

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

PickelledEggs

PickelledEggs

This article seems more of a projection of people within the BLM community.

Quote“All Lives Matter” is really code for “White Lives Matter,” because when white people think about “all lives,” we automatically think about “all white lives.”
Do you not see the ridiculous in this? An all inclusive "All Lives", instead of "Black Lives" means "all white lives"? What does "all lives matter" mean when it's said by someone who is black? Or when a black person criticises Black lives matter? Or when a black person also identifies the double standard logic in the community?

And lol @ this:
QuoteHere’s a tip, if you give yourself brownie points for treating Black people like you do white people, you’re not really treating Black people like white people.
Doesn't BLM pat themselves on the back for this sort of thing more than anyone? Does that mean Black Lives Matter is more racist towards black people than anyone if we go by that?

Black Lives Matter is a violence, race-baiting media shitstorm that has turned in to this. FYI, the last link was a riot that was in response to the black officer that shot a black man that happened in recent news. Somehow that translated in to targeting white people.

*Edited to add links*

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on September 22, 2016, 03:52:41 PM
"Why can't we all get along?"
Because while a person is smart, people are dumb, panicky animals.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on September 22, 2016, 03:52:41 PM
"Why can't we all get along?"
"Why can't we get along with black people" is now the politically correct version of that.

See. saying  "why can't we all just get along" is basically saying "why can't we get along with WHITE people". And that is racist. And you're racist for suggesting we ALL get along.

Sincerely:

Shiranu

Quote from: PickelledEggs on September 22, 2016, 02:59:36 PM
Yes it is. Doesn't make it any less true though.

Oh for sure, I was actually agreeing with your sentence and think it's 100 percent true. It's implication is where we differ.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Shiranu on September 22, 2016, 04:21:59 PM
Oh for sure, I was actually agreeing with your sentence and think it's 100 percent true. It's implication is where we differ.
Know where the double edged sword touches, always.

Sent from your mom.

aitm

I actually had no problem with the moniker BLM and quite understood the reason for it and had no objection to the reason for it. It does appear it went sideways pretty quick in leadership.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

PickelledEggs

Quote from: aitm on September 22, 2016, 05:18:53 PM
I actually had no problem with the moniker BLM and quite understood the reason for it and had no objection to the reason for it. It does appear it went sideways pretty quick in leadership.
Agree. It started out fine. It's nowhere near that now, though. Unfortunately.

Sent from your mom.

Atheon

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Baruch

Quote from: PickelledEggs on September 22, 2016, 05:23:31 PM
Agree. It started out fine. It's nowhere near that now, though. Unfortunately.

Sent from your mom.

Penetrated and crapified by the Authorities ... like groups in the 60s?  Gotta control the narrative or the Viet Cong will win ;-(
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on September 22, 2016, 01:47:06 PM
Okay, so if someone says "you're a racist" we shouldn't correct that?

What poor people want (good) is a fair share of society's benefits.  But what poor people want (bad) is to go Hatfield & McCoys on the rich.  Substitute people of color for poor people ... or ME people for poor people.  We all have gripes, most of them are legitimate (life sucks but who is to blame, or how do we make things better for everyone).  how you choose to deal with this reality of life, determines if you are benevolent or evil, if you are conservative or liberal.  That makes 4 squares of possibility, because i don't oversimplify by equating different attributes ... like poor = righteous.

So yeah, correct people if you must, but it is a lot like goring your own ox if you are silent or if you speak out.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.