"Real Reason White People Say, 'All Lives Matter.' "

Started by Shiranu, September 22, 2016, 12:00:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hijiri Byakuren

#NotAll blacks are advocating violence, #NotAll whites advocate discrimination against blacks, #NotAll of us want to keep circling drain talking about how #NotAll people are this that or the other.

People argue back and forth about non-sequiturs, and then wonder why I don't take the social justice debate seriously.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on October 05, 2016, 01:27:25 PM
#NotAll blacks are advocating violence, #NotAll whites advocate discrimination against blacks, #NotAll of us want to keep circling drain talking about how #NotAll people are this that or the other.

People argue back and forth about non-sequiturs, and then wonder why I don't take the social justice debate seriously.

And then like your posts about it apparently. :lol:
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: drunkenshoe on October 05, 2016, 04:36:59 PM
And then like your posts about it apprently. :lol:
Yeah, sometimes I wonder if they realize who my posts are directed at. :lol:
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Shiranu

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on October 05, 2016, 04:57:57 PM

( liked for the lawlz)
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

JBCuzISaidSo

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on October 05, 2016, 04:57:57 PM

Yeah, I don't think that's in your control. (Hits 'post', goes back and hits 'like'.)
It’s a strange myth that atheists have nothing to live for. It’s the opposite. We have nothing to die for. We have everything to live for.
-- Ricky Gervais

Listen, Big Deal, we've got a bigger problem here. Women always figure out the truth. Always.
--Han Solo, The Force Awakens

FaithIsFilth

Quote from: widdershins on September 23, 2016, 01:25:01 PM
Any time someone makes a blanket statement about an entire group that statement is wrong.  There is no single reason why someone may counter "Black lives matter" with "Blue lives matter" or "All lives matter".  And certainly not all people who say, "All lives matter" really mean "White lives matter".
I, like Shiranu, also thought that "Black Lives Matter" was or should have been a very clear message, but apparently that is not the case at all. At this point, I don't think it's fair to call people racists or trolls for saying All Lives Matter. Here is an incomplete list of just some black celebs who support "All Lives Matter": Lebron James, Floyd Mayweather, Laila Ali, Fantasia Burrino, Fetty Wap, Nia Long, Raven Symone, Columbus Short, Dexter Darden, Christina Millian, RZA, The Game, Apryl Jones, Tery McMillan, Janet Jackson, and Venus Williams.

Cavebear

I still think that all lives matter but it also matters who is on the hard end of the bad decisions by the police.  And when one group is disproportionately the victims, it is time to question why. 

I don't like that.  Police are getting a bit out of hand with everyone these days.  I'm afraid of them, and I'm a senior white guy.  This is all wrong.  A gun should be the last resort, not the first.  Strangeholds are wrong, casual tasers are wrong.  Shooting someone where guns are legal to carry even openly are wrong.  Shooting someone just because they THINK someone might have a gun somewhere is wrong. 

It has to stop. 

And there is only one way it will stop.  Policemen/women who shoot first and ask questions later have to be convicted of manslaughter.  It just isn't going to stop until there are real penalties for thinking they have a license to kill... The habit of "findig" a gun conveniently on the scene, has to stop.  Having body cameras inconveniently "fail" has to stop.

We, as a society, are requiring the police to wear them for a reason!  Evasion of reality is not acceptable.  Will we be forced to arrange some some of un-turn-offable 360 degree cameras on drones that follow them around?  We could do that.  We shouldn't have to.

But we can, and if forced to, we will.  This nonsense has GOT to stop.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

FAA controls all drones now ... so they are watching you, you are not watching them.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.