"Real Reason White People Say, 'All Lives Matter.' "

Started by Shiranu, September 22, 2016, 12:00:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: drunkenshoe on September 22, 2016, 09:47:26 AM

That kitten is in WWW ... so Godzilla is going down for the count!  Lucha Libre against that son of an iguana!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Jack89 on September 22, 2016, 10:35:40 AM
This white person doesn't use the phrase, "All Lives Matter."  I just say that BLM, the organization and the phrase, encourage hatred, violence, racism, and ignorance.  The hatred BLM spreads might be understandable if there were any truth to the original claim that police across the US are targeting and killing unarmed black men, just because they're black.

Memes matter, particularly majority memes ... the truth ... not so much.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Baruch on September 22, 2016, 12:04:59 PM
That kitten is in WWW ... so Godzilla is going down for the count!  Lucha Libre against that son of an iguana!
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on September 22, 2016, 07:36:55 AM
Always entertaining to read "what people are really saying when they say" posts.
^
QFT

Sent from your mom.

PickelledEggs

"Yeah,but white people ARE inherently racist,guys. Just look at their skin and privilege! There's no way they can't be. How dare white people use a saying that's more inclusive than the one we black lives matter people insist we use because they realize it makes people more equal, instead of dehumanizing them like we have been dehumanized for years in the past, but not as much now in recent years. Can't they see we want to cling to our oppression as a tool for making them feel bad for being prone to sunburn with their white, white skin? Can't they just accept that we want them to feel like it's up to them to try and make other people that also have light skin to feel bad about being born without as much pigment in their skin as us? How dare they walk around, looking like a light bulb. How dare they. Those glow-stick privileged jerk-faces. Horrible."

-Sincerely:

AllPurposeAtheist

Seems to me that language has ceased to be much use in these matters anymore as language is just too easy to manipulate and a very large portion of the population is too stupid to realize they're being manipulated with simple words.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Shiranu

Interesting how many people think this article implied being white makes you inherently racist when it didn't (and how every time anything regarding white privilege is brought up they have to clarify that they aren't racist). Suppressed guilt much?
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Shiranu on September 22, 2016, 01:32:41 PM
Interesting how many people think this article implied being white makes you inherently racist when it didn't (and how every time anything regarding white privilege is brought up they have to clarify that they aren't racist). Suppressed guilt much?
Okay, so if someone says "you're a racist" we shouldn't correct that?
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on September 22, 2016, 01:47:06 PM
Okay, so if someone says "you're a racist" we shouldn't correct that?
"what he meant to say by making this article that alluded to all white people being racist was...  Etc, etc"
-sincerely:

Sent from your mom.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: PickelledEggs on September 22, 2016, 01:49:03 PM
"what he meant to say by making this article that alluded to all white people being racist was...  Etc, etc"

Sent from your mom.

Yeah.
PZ Myers

FaithIsFilth

All Lives Matter is meant to troll you and piss you off. Don't feed the trolls.

All Lives Matter was a response to "fuck white people", just like Blue Lives Matter was a response to "Pigs in a blanket". I don't say "all lives matter" because I can somewhat understand why there are so many racist black people, just like I can understand why Iranians might want to chant "Death to America" when they are constantly being threatened by America. My solution to make these people not feel this way any more would be to improve their situation in life. Make it so these people have less of a reason to fear that you are a big threat to their safety or freedom. I'm not just going to say fuck them all because they're just a bunch of racist scum. It's not like their racism is the same as the racism of a rich white man. It's more understandable. Racism always sucks, but if you were born into a really shitty situation and you're not getting a fair shot at life compared to the other races around you, then obviously there is going to be a lot of anger and even racism as a reaction to that. One thing white people and the leaders of the BLM movement need to do though, is to stop acting like black racism doesn't/ can't exist, because when you do that, it doesn't just make it look like you are explaining away the black racism or making excuses for it like I might do, but it makes it look like you are giving the racism your stamp of approval and that you have zero issue with black people being racist. When you do that, you only give the "All Lives Matter" guys more credibility, so yeah, stop defending racism and putting your stamp of approval on the hatred of others based on their skin colour.

Hydra009

Quote from: Shiranu on September 22, 2016, 01:32:41 PMInteresting how many people think this article implied being white makes you inherently racist when it didn't

Quote from: article[addressed exclusively to white people] We can start by recognizing that we all have an “implicit bias” toward Blacks.
Hmm...

PickelledEggs

The Black Lives matter movement was always something that seemed to be a media baby. Something to get headlines and something to race-bait for social media views and profit, but it was never as transparent until recently when the NYC bomber was caught and Shawn King published this article in The Daily News. Shawn King, by many, is known as a head voice for the BLM movement. This article.... lol... He suggests that a person that was a main suspect for multiple bombings in the NY/NJ metropolitan area had VIP treatment of some sort, when in reality, someone convicted of multiple bombings, in most rational people's minds, should be taken in alive for questioning. About if there are any other bombs ready to go off, if he has anyone he is working with, who they are, and if so, where they are... etc. They (BLM) don't care about these questions. They only care about emotionally driven responses. This guy wasn't even white. He was on the authorities' radar and they knew who they were taking in. It wasn't some random call with an unsuspecting cop going to the scene. There is racism with cops and black people, but using this as an example is one of the most transparent things I've seen to why BLM is just media-race-baiting-nonsense.

Shiranu

So saying I don't interpret him as saying you are racist is wrong and leftist cry baby ism, but saying that he directly is calling you racist ( when he hasn't) is perfectly fine.

I'm hoping the double standard there is obvious.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Shiranu