News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Climate Change is Racist

Started by PickelledEggs, September 16, 2016, 02:28:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PickelledEggs

Reported post by Hijiri "This is pathetic coming from a staff member. Knock it off."

Private message from Hijiri: "I am perfectly happy to keep laying the imperial smackdown in public if you insist on getting the last word. Drop it."

I'll temp ban you too, buddy. Drop it, or you're dropped.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: PickelledEggs on September 19, 2016, 01:28:41 PM
He brought his toxicity from a different thread. He needs to learn to discuss things without the toxic, aggressive harassment. Next time he goes on a rampage, he gets a longer ban.

I am talking about the title and the OP you put in this thread. Not about Shiranu.

Your attitude with this thread is a good example of toxic behaviour itself. This is a hot topic in this forum. You are so prejudiced and biased against a group, you posted a ridiculous title-OP without even bothering to get what was the article about. It's pretty much like a 'mission' itself and you would easily blame someone if a member did it on something you didn't agree. And you refuse to admit it and oddly enough you took something directly written to you and your OP as something written to Shiranu when other posters pointed this out before Shiranu even arrived to the thread.

About Shiranu. No, he didn't do anything to get a temp ban. He didn't get agressive more than people usually do when discussing something. He certainly didn't harass anyone. Harassment is intimidating someone or pressure them into something. Where did he harass anyone? And what he said, he said after you told him he was banned. He was pissed off and considering he was banned for nothing, yeah it is a natural reaction.

This site is nobody's safe place, Pickel. Your opinions are not more important than others because you have a power to ban them. This is not a kindergarten or some 'club of the like mindeds' either. People get agressive when discussing and trying to turn this place into a vanilla garden only will harm the forum itself while we suffer from political correctness severely as it is. Everyone has a right to tell people what they think is bullshit, wrong and this and that and they are full of shit for thinking that.

You don't get worked up by someone's opinions that you don't agree, wear them out at everything they post; post a balatantly biased, ridiculous OP and then suddenly put on a mod hat and ban them for 3 days, 'because they were being toxic'. You need to balance your member act and mod gig. Stop being hypocritical. You are a respected and a liked member, besides being a mod. But if you continue treating certain people you do not agree on certain topics in a certain way, sooner or later you will just be a mod. And I wrote you about this before that this will eventually become a form of behaviour pf banning people you disgaree with various excuses. Yeah this is what I was talking about.

You post emotionally charged threads with provocative, sometimes even childish title-OPs, but on the other hand, you blame anyone you don't agree or like their opinion with being toxic, emotional, agressive when they stand behind their opinion. There are other people in this forum you don't agree, constantly posting the same material and making the same tired arguments which are pretty toxic and agressive considering your examples. You ignore them. Why dont you ignore Shiranu?

Or let me rephrase that. Why can't you ignore certain topics, get worked up about them as a member and then give a reaction as a mod?

Also it seems like you are the only mod trying to deal with the forum these days which is pretty much bullshit in itself and not fair either. If others do not have a position to do the job, we can elect an additional mod.

If he has a time and willing to do it, my candidate would be GSOgymrat. He would do a good job I think.

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

PickelledEggs

I didn't ban shiranu because of his ideas. It was how he was being aggressive, @drunkenshoe . He brought his nastiness from the bombing thread to this thread, quoting something I said in there for whatever reason.

Again. It's not what is being discussed. It is how it is being discussed that is the issue.

If someone can't discuss something without being nasty, learn to. The fact that I disagreed with shiranu has nothing to do with why I banned him. It is purely based on his conduct.

As for this topic of BLM, it's probably from these topics showing up in my news feed and youtube constantly because of internet cache or something that makes this stuff keep popping up. I'm not actively searching for it. I did think this was funny that BLM thinks climate change is racist. Of all the things they actually have in their arsenal that has merit, they chose this, something that is purely ridiculous to try and tackle.

drunkenshoe

I just have seen this and I can't believe you still think that people think climate change is racist. Have you actually read anything written in this thread? For example, Nonsensei and I roughly wrote the same things about it. It's that clear. Does that ring a bell?

Quote from: PickelledEggs on September 19, 2016, 01:41:05 PM
As for the article.

I just don't understand how someone can think that climate change is racist. It affects everyone. And a lot of people are trying to fix it. Yes it affects impoverished areas more, but that's racist? Really? No one is aiming to make climate change worse to harm impoverished areas of the world. That's just flat out ridiculous.

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Nonsensei

There's nothing in the forum rules that forbid being "toxic". There's a rule against trolling and a rule against personal attacks. To be clear, posting in an angry or aggressive manner does not count as either trolling or a personal attack.

Further, if there were such a rule I would likely leave the forum. The distinction between whether or not someone is toxic or whether they are just passionately arguing their position is way too subjective and relies too heavily on whether or not you agree with what the person is saying

This flaw is further compounded by the fact that we now appear to only have one regularly active moderator, which essentially means his opinion is law.

Pickel I like you, so don't take this the wrong way when I ask that you reconsider whether or not toxic posting is really ban worthy.

If you think it is, have the rules amended.

And then have a good life because I won't be sticking around a free thinkers forum that censors discourse to that degree.
And on the wings of a dream so far beyond reality
All alone in desperation now the time has come
Lost inside you'll never find, lost within my own mind
Day after day this misery must go on

PickelledEggs

Quote from: drunkenshoe on September 19, 2016, 02:56:35 PM
I just have seen this and I can't believe you still think that people think climate change is racist. Have you actually read anything written in this thread? For example, Nonsensei and I roughly wrote the same things about it. It's that clear. Does that ring a bell?

Your and Nonsenei's post about what the protest meant did make a lot of sense. I didn't see it until recently though. Thanks for clearing that up with those posts

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Nonsensei on September 19, 2016, 02:58:22 PM
The distinction between whether or not someone is toxic or whether they are just passionately arguing their position is way too subjective and relies too heavily on whether or not you agree with what the person is saying.

This. Nicely put. 

Also he wasn't being agressive in a disruptive way, let alone nasty or harrassing.

drunkenshoe

Anyway, let's move on.

We definitely need another mod to help Pickel.

widdershins

Quote from: GSOgymrat on September 16, 2016, 08:03:15 PM
I agree. They should have linked to the BLM statement. I don't exactly understand the reason of the protest.
I think the issue was about white privilege.  Most of the people who can afford to fly are white, the only time black people generally get on a plane is to be deported, blacks who are dying in other parts of the world can't afford to get a plane ticket out of there.  If I had to guess I would imagine someone's cousin Billy Joe Jim Bob gathered together all his tooth (the singular usage was not a typo) after a hearin' 'bout som'n bad a happnin' to...you get the point.  Not the brightest bulbs in the BLM movement.
This sentence is a lie...

drunkenshoe

Quote from: widdershins on September 19, 2016, 05:34:45 PM
I think the issue was about white privilege.  Most of the people who can afford to fly are white, the only time black people generally get on a plane is to be deported, blacks who are dying in other parts of the world can't afford to get a plane ticket out of there.

White privilege of affording plane tickets?

People are running away for their lives from a literally forsaken land there is nothing to survive; not a drop of water, food, nowhere to run except joining some fucking terrorist cult-armies or die, but you concluded that BLM people are protesting in an airport runway because while these people cannot afford to get plane tickets to get out of those regions, white people can usually afford plane tickets all around the world? 

How do we know plane tickets are not racist? May be they turn to dust when a nonwhite person holds them or wait wait no...planes! How didn't I think of this before? It's the planes. Planes are racist! Hence the runway. They refuse to take off with nonwhite people are aboard from certain routes to others and BLM is actually protesting the racist planes. Halleluuujah! 

:lol: 

Holy fucking Carlin!

widdershins

Quote from: drunkenshoe on September 20, 2016, 05:53:18 AM

People are running away for their lives from a literally forsaken land there is nothing to survive; not a drop of water, food, nowhere to run except joining some fucking terrorist cult-armies or die, but you concluded that BLM people are protesting in an airport runway because while these people cannot afford to get plane tickets to get out of those regions, white people can usually afford plane tickets all around the world? 

How do we know plane tickets are not racist? May be they turn to dust when a nonwhite person holds them or wait wait no...planes! How didn't I think of this before? It's the planes. Planes are racist! Hence the runway. They refuse to take off with nonwhite people are aboard from certain routes to others and BLM is actually protesting the racist planes. Halleluuujah! 

Holy fucking Carlin!

You, yourself, said that article does not make their position clear.  That is my take away from scanning the article.  If you disagree, great.  I don't feel the need for your validation, shocking as that may be.  However, may I suggest that if you disagree you articulate your disagreement rather than just be a colossal dick about it?  I am not opposed to gaining understanding in any subject I am less educated in.  Your response, however, is somewhat less than "educational".
This sentence is a lie...

Cocoa Beware

Quote from: Nonsensei on September 17, 2016, 11:46:49 AM
There are a couple of criticisms that can be leveled at the above position. First, while the UK and the west at large are responsible for their fair share of pollution, and are even #1 per capita, when it comes to aggregate pollution the responsibility is blind to skin color. China is #1, the US is #2 Russia is #3 and India is #4. To be clear, the US, Russia and India pollute less combined than China does. The point is, pollution is hardly caused entirely by white westerners.

I figure it's also worth pointing out that Chinese/Russian/American people are the ones who are affected the most, I think something like 4 thousand Chinese people are dying every day because of poor air quality.

The brunt of the damage done is purely a localized phenomenon, which means whatever health problems developing nations suffer along these lines is not really anyone else's fault. There is no actual deliberate ill intent that I know of, we are simply a chronically irresponsible species.

I didn't think such a thing was possible, but these UK BLM guys have somehow managed to come up with something that is even more psychotic then their American counterparts.

Nonsensei

Quote from: drunkenshoe on September 20, 2016, 05:53:18 AM

Holy fucking Carlin!

When was the last time you saw a plane painted black? Most are white. I've seen blue, silver, green yellow, orange, red the list goes on. But never black.

Secret aviation industry racism has got to be stopped.
And on the wings of a dream so far beyond reality
All alone in desperation now the time has come
Lost inside you'll never find, lost within my own mind
Day after day this misery must go on

drunkenshoe

Quote from: widdershins on September 20, 2016, 11:34:49 AM
You, yourself, said that article does not make their position clear.  That is my take away from scanning the article.  If you disagree, great.  I don't feel the need for your validation, shocking as that may be.  However, may I suggest that if you disagree you articulate your disagreement rather than just be a colossal dick about it?  I am not opposed to gaining understanding in any subject I am less educated in.  Your response, however, is somewhat less than "educational".

No. I think trying to educate people about something this obvious; a major world issue that will change the world in near future would be acting like a 'clossal dick'. I don't operate under the opinion that I have some sort of a superior understanding of world matters that might enlighten people. I have already written my opinion on it above.

Hence the sarcasm. I was also trying to be funny.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Nonsensei on September 20, 2016, 01:00:15 PM
When was the last time you saw a plane painted black? Most are white. I've seen blue, silver, green yellow, orange, red the list goes on. But never black.

Secret aviation industry racism has got to be stopped.

Paint planes black! Paint planes black! Paint planes black! 

*Crowd goes wild!

Paint planes black! Paint planes black! Paint planes black!