News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Climate Change is Racist

Started by PickelledEggs, September 16, 2016, 02:28:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Shiranu on September 18, 2016, 09:19:37 PM

Oh. you're on a mission, Shiranu. Careful of the harassment. You might get temp-banned.

Shiranu

Quote from: PickelledEggs on September 18, 2016, 09:24:20 PM
Oh. you're on a mission, Shiranu. Careful of the harassment. You might get temp-banned.

Nice, so now using moderator privileges instead of just confessing you are a hypocrite.

Look, you want to throw personal attacks even though you are wrong, have at it hoss. It's all in good fun. But if you are going to leverage your moderating privileged to avoid getting called on it, then go fuck yourself. You actually are then as big of tool as your reading comprehension implies.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Shiranu on September 18, 2016, 09:27:47 PM
Nice, so now using moderator privileges instead of just confessing you are a hypocrite.

Look, you want to throw personal attacks even though you are wrong, have at it hoss. It's all in good fun. But if you are going to leverage your moderating privileged to avoid getting called on it, then go fuck yourself.
[mod]You can make your point without being so toxic and aggressive. See you in two days[/mod]

Shiranu

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

PickelledEggs

PickelledEggs

The interesting thing is his original message was "Aight"

He edited it to say "eat a dick" also.

Hijiri Byakuren

First off: God damn, I will get toxic as all get-out if I feel passionate, but even I know when to shut up.

Second: I only skimmed the article, but it sounds to me like their complaint is about where the pollution is drifting: black (read: poor) neighborhoods. So, my inclination is to say this is a misleading title.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

drunkenshoe

Pickel, an acknowledgment about the misleading, inflated title would be good.

This is a specific subject that gets heated discussions in the forum and frankly the title and the OP line you put looks as if deliberate, even if it is not.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

PickelledEggs

Quote from: drunkenshoe on September 19, 2016, 05:09:31 AM
Pickel, an acknowledgment about the misleading, inflated title would be good.

This is a specific subject that gets heated discussions in the forum and frankly the title and the OP line you put looks as if deliberate, even if it is not.
He brought his toxicity from a different thread. He needs to learn to discuss things without the toxic, aggressive harassment. Next time he goes on a rampage, he gets a longer ban.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on September 18, 2016, 11:37:26 PM
but even I know when to shut up.

There have been plenty of times that you did not know when to shut up. In fact there was that one time after you went on your temper tantrum, you started also harassing me on facebook. Remeber that?

For the most part though, yes, you have been better about knowing when to drop it when you get heated.

I'm not opposed to Shiranu (or anyone) speaking his position. It's how he was speaking his position that will not be tolerated. If he's going to be a toxic member of the forum, he can leave. Drama is for noon-time soap operas.

PickelledEggs

As for the article.

I just don't understand how someone can think that climate change is racist. It affects everyone. And a lot of people are trying to fix it. Yes it affects impoverished areas more, but that's racist? Really? No one is aiming to make climate change worse to harm impoverished areas of the world. That's just flat out ridiculous.

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: PickelledEggs on September 19, 2016, 01:32:56 PM
There have been plenty of times that you did not know when to shut up. In fact there was that one time after you went on your temper tantrum, you started also harassing me on facebook. Remeber that?
I messaged you on Facebook to explain myself, you said you didn't want to talk about it, and I left it alone (I still have the convo saved, do not try to lie about it). You were also the instigator of that particular flame war, nearly every member of the forum including some staff members were against you, and (EDIT: thread was not deleted, I'm just bad at finding things).

Now, if you really want to start shit over an argument that was over and done with months ago, I would suggest you continue this with me over PMs. Otherwise, this would be a good point to drop it and leave it alone.

Edit: The "harassment" on Facebook.

Titty sprinkles.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on September 19, 2016, 01:44:58 PM
I messaged you on Facebook to explain myself, you said you didn't want to talk about it, and I left it alone (I still have the convo saved, do not try to lie about it). You were also the instigator of that particular flame war, nearly every member of the forum including some staff members were against you, and (EDIT: thread was not deleted, I'm just bad at finding things).

Now, if you really want to start shit over an argument that was over and done with months ago, I would suggest you continue this with me over PMs. Otherwise, this would be a good point to drop it and leave it alone.

Titty sprinkles.
The fact that you felt it was a good idea to harass me via facebook is proof enough that you needed that temp-ban. I had to block you on facebook because you would not stop messaging me, even though I didn't respond.

I made that thread to make the point that we need to be less of a bully towards people we don't agree with and if we don't agree with them, discuss it civilly. I kind of think it's my fault for not communicating my point as clearly as I could have and the person I referenced in the thread was a really bad person to use, but at the same time, it kind of proved my point that people need to be less toxic. That point still held true despite the person I referenced in that thread and still holds true now. I think only aitm and maybe one other mod initially disagreed with my thread, and he disagreed for a complicated, but understandable set of reasons.  But once they realized the point, they agreed that we need to be more civil. We had a long discussion of codes of conduct. I didn't delete that thread and I don't remember who moved it out of the public forum, but it wasn't me. But no. I didn't move it to 'save face'. 

That same point applies to why I temp-banned Shiranu; If you can't discuss something without being a harassing toxic and aggressive person, learn to be. It's not what is being discussed, it's how it's being discussed that is the issue.

And yes. I think it would be a good idea to drop it.

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: PickelledEggs on September 19, 2016, 02:08:08 PM
The fact that you felt it was a good idea to harass me via facebook is proof enough that you needed that temp-ban. I had to block you on facebook because you would not stop messaging me, even though I didn't respond.
""Harassment." Also, I specifically requested the temp-ban from aitm at the time, I did not get hit with it because I "didn't know when to shut up.". (I have proof of that as well, so stop fucking lying already.)

You just can't help yourself when it comes to getting the last word, can you?

PickelledEggs

I didn't realize that you asked aitm. He just told us he temp banned you. Thank you for realizing you couldn't control yourself and needed to cool off though.

Sent from your mom.