News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

New to forum.

Started by Kurantino, September 12, 2016, 02:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kurantino

I was looking around for like-minded people, and ran across this site. It seems nice. Sorry if I pop in and out randomly, I haven't done a lot of Internet forums, and I don't really know how good I will be at participating. I have been an atheist for a few years now, but I don't feel comfortable sharing that with people in my small town. Mostly I listen to atheist podcasts to have at outlet, but it's hard to have a conversation with my headphones. I don't know what else to say. Here I am.

aitm

Welcome to our little pond.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Mr.Obvious

Welcome to our little band of heathens.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Brian37

Be sure to barbecue kittens, record the NFL without their permission and rip the tags off of your mattress.
"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37

Hydra009

Quote from: Kurantino on September 12, 2016, 02:04:06 PMMostly I listen to atheist podcasts to have at outlet, but it's hard to have a conversation with my headphones.
Do your headphones have a mic?  Because that makes holding a conversation way easier.

PickelledEggs

Solomon Zorn

Welcome Kurantino! What religion did you escape from? Christianity? What branch?
If God Exists, Why Does He Pretend Not to Exist?
Poetry and Proverbs of the Uneducated Hick

http://www.solomonzorn.com

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Quote from: Kurantino on September 12, 2016, 02:04:06 PM
I was looking around for like-minded people, and ran across this site. It seems nice. Sorry if I pop in and out randomly,

OK, you can pop in and out randomly, just don't do it stochastically.  :azn:
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on September 16, 2016, 08:16:27 PM
OK, you can pop in and out randomly, just don't do it stochastically.  :azn:

Your humor is ergodic today
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

I was looking around for like-minded people, and ran across this site. It seems nice. Sorry if I pop in and out randomly, I haven't done a lot of Internet forums, and I don't really know how good I will be at participating. I have been an atheist for a few years now, but I don't feel comfortable sharing that with people in my small town. Mostly I listen to atheist podcasts to have at outlet, but it's hard to have a conversation with my headphones. I don't know what else to say. Here I am.
Just run all "The Atheist Experience" episodes back-to-back and before long you can have nice chats with the voices.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Sal1981

trdsf

In the immor(t)al words of Madeline Kahn, "Bienvenue, willkommen, velcome, c'mon in!"

(reminds me, I need to re-watch Blazing Saddles some time soon)
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: trdsf on September 18, 2016, 04:41:00 AM
In the immor(t)al words of Madeline Kahn, "Bienvenue, willkommen, velcome, c'mon in!"

(reminds me, I need to re-watch Blazing Saddles some time soon)
Und Jung Fronkensteen.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers