Clinton has Pneumonia: At Least That is the Current Spin

Started by SGOS, September 11, 2016, 06:17:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SGOS

Who knows considering the bullshit of both parties that's been going on.  But even if that's all it is, this episode is kind of spooky, opening the possibility of Trump running unopposed.  Maybe?

http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/11/politics/hillary-clinton-health/

(CNN) â€" Hillary Clinton has pneumonia, her doctor said Sunday, hours after the Democratic nominee stumbled and exited a 9/11 commemoration ceremony early.

Clinton was diagnosed on Friday with pneumonia, and "was put on antibiotics, and advised to rest and modify her schedule," Dr. Lisa Bardack said in a statement.

"While at this morning's event, she became overheated and dehydrated. I have just examined her and she is now re-hydrated and recovering nicely," said Bardack, chairman of internal medicine at the Mount Kisco Medical Group.

Bardack attended to Clinton at her Chappaqua home Sunday.

Clinton's health came into sharp focus Sunday as she appeared wobbly and stumbled as Secret Service agents helped her into a van to exit a memorial service marking the 15th anniversary of the September 11, 2001, attacks. The Democratic nominee traveled to her daughter's nearby apartment and the campaign initially said she felt "overheated."

It's obvious they didn't want to mention pneumonia on Friday.  After all, what candidate needs that, especially when the opposition is already focusing on her health?  But now copping to pneumonia is better than something else, I suppose.

I don't like the idea of any candidate running unopposed.  Sure, there are still other alternatives, but most voters couldn't name the other candidates that are officially in the race.

widdershins

It is a little scary in that it plays right into Republicans hands.  They have been trying to suggest that Hillary will be dead a month after the elections anyway.  And people eat this shit up these days.  It seems nearly everyone is more interested in a sensational lie than the mundane truth.  And today's right wing would love nothing more than to take us back to the dark ages where blacks are in their place, you can lynch gays and women are fragile flowers who don't need shoes when that money could be better spent on pans.
This sentence is a lie...

Hijiri Byakuren

Ironically, one of the anti-Bernie arguments coming from the Hillary crowd back before the convention was, "He's too old and could die in office."
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Hydra009

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on September 12, 2016, 04:24:42 PM
Ironically, one of the anti-Bernie arguments coming from the Hillary crowd back before the convention was, "He's too old and could die in office."
Which was bullshit because they're all very old - 68, 70, and 75.  It was pretty bizarre experience to watch the "he's an old fogie" argument against Bernie from Clinton supporters.

Solomon Zorn

You better not DIE on us, you lying kiniving bitch! You still have to save us from T-Rump! You're our only hope now! FUCK!
If God Exists, Why Does He Pretend Not to Exist?
Poetry and Proverbs of the Uneducated Hick

http://www.solomonzorn.com

TomFoolery

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on September 12, 2016, 04:24:42 PM

No, even more ironically is that Republicans are so concerned with Hillary's physical state of health, but when it comes to Trump's mental health, nothing but crickets.

Sorry, but if I have to take a personality assessment to prove I'm not a psychopath just to make $8 an hour at Walmart, is it so much to ask that we do this for potential presidents?

I'm not talking a military level of readiness or anything (I don't care if a candidate has diabetes, scoots around in a wheelchair or is blind, for example), but there should be some minimum standard for both body and mind. 
How can you be sure my refusal to agree with your claim a symptom of my ignorance and not yours?

Baruch

The VP choices were critical for both.  Either could be assisted into the beyond ... with the VPs as the actual black horse candidates, controlled by strings from behind the curtain.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: TomFoolery on September 12, 2016, 06:57:43 PM
No, even more ironically is that Republicans are so concerned with Hillary's physical state of health, but when it comes to Trump's mental health, nothing but crickets.

Sorry, but if I have to take a personality assessment to prove I'm not a psychopath just to make $8 an hour at Walmart, is it so much to ask that we do this for potential presidents?

I'm not talking a military level of readiness or anything (I don't care if a candidate has diabetes, scoots around in a wheelchair or is blind, for example), but there should be some minimum standard for both body and mind.

Tests for retail workers is to keep out shoplifting employees.  The last Clinton admin was big on shoplifting on the way out of office ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: TomFoolery on September 12, 2016, 06:57:43 PMSorry, but if I have to take a personality assessment to prove I'm not a psychopath just to make $8 an hour at Walmart
Wait, is that a thing? I work a union job at $MildlyEvilRetail, and the most I ever had to do was a cheek swab.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

TomFoolery

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on September 12, 2016, 07:01:16 PM
Wait, is that a thing? I work a union job at $MildlyEvilRetail, and the most I ever had to do was a cheek swab.

Must be a product of a right-to-work state, but I remember taking a personality assessment for Target back in the day that bordered on hilarious. I shit you not, questions were basically like this:

When someone I work with treats me unfairly, I:
1. Talk to them about it calmly and rationally
2. Gossip about them to other employees
3. Let it go
4. Assault them
How can you be sure my refusal to agree with your claim a symptom of my ignorance and not yours?

Baruch

Quote from: TomFoolery on September 12, 2016, 07:03:50 PM
Must be a product of a right-to-work state, but I remember taking a personality assessment for Target back in the day that bordered on hilarious. I shit you not, questions were basically like this:

3. Let it go
4. Assault them

Correct answer in some parts ... get out your open carry weapon and blow them away ;-0
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mermaid

A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

TomFoolery

Quote from: SGOS on September 11, 2016, 06:17:49 PM
But even if that's all it is, this episode is kind of spooky, opening the possibility of Trump running unopposed.

I also should also say that Trump won't run unopposed. There's just no way.

Both parties reserve the right to replace candidates who either die or drop out, but unfortunately, the DNC doesn't have any hard and fast rules for what to do in their by-laws, so they'd have to make it up as they go along. the GOP would either hold a new convention or poll the GOP state reps to find a replacement. I imagine the DNC would do the same.

SGOS

Quote from: TomFoolery on September 12, 2016, 07:03:50 PM

3. Let it go
4. Assault them

In college, I had to take the MMPI (Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory) as a graduation requirement.  This was in the mid 60s and back then, the MMPI was considered unbeatable.  It was claimed that even expert psychologists could not fake the results.  I believe it is still held in high regard.

The intention of some questions were obvious like your example above.  Some questions didn't seem to be attempting to access any particular personality trait.  A couple of questions were indecipherable (I assumed they were attempting to determine if you were predisposed to answer yes or no to a completely ambiguous problem).  Supposedly questions were cross referenced and evaluated in light of answers to other questions, so that a particular answer might mean one thing in one situation, but cross referenced with some other question in a different section of the test the same answer might mean something entirely different that in the first situation.  There were questions to see if your were lying about other questions, but they were disguised as regular questions.

But what I remember most was that some questions were absurdly funny.  I took the test with about 40 or 50 other students, and periodically around the room someone would burst out in uncontrollable laughter, and I would think, "Oh that guy must have just gotten to question number 319.  Examples as best as I can remember were:

(Y or N)

Someone is trying to control my mind.
Sometimes my stools are dark brown.
Canaries are better than parakeets. 
It is sometimes too late to pursue something that could have been thought about earlier had the idea come at a later time.  (This is my feeble attempt to re-create an indecipherable question.  I think my attempt might make more sense than the original, which I believe was worded to make no sense at all).  I just shrugged my shoulders after the third reading, and answered "Yes"  LOL.

Some questions might be asked 4 times times throughout the test.  I think the test took two or three hours to complete.  I remember talking to a counselor after the test results came back.  He told me the test indicated I had "low ego strength", which I took to be a bad thing.  I laughed and said, "Hell, I could have told you that in 5 seconds, and this test took three hours to figure that out?"

Shiranu

I don't want Hillary to die, but Kaine seems like a great guy. I just don't know if he has the power to enact as many positive changes as Hillary could.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur