Why survive? Why SHOULD we do anything?

Started by murad, September 07, 2016, 09:23:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gawdzilla Sama

So, the sock didn't survive this one thread? How ... appropriate.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Hijiri Byakuren

Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

PickelledEggs

@Hijiri Byakuren it was DavidOller, Emmwhaaaaa, etc.

A bunch of accounts that basically just either posted 1 post or never posted. All the same person

Baruch

Quote from: Atheon on September 07, 2016, 11:08:22 PM
The universe doesn't care, but I care. I like living. And life likes living: a product of evolution is the drive to live.

This is proof that you are either a god or superior to G-d ... or both.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

DeltaEpsilon

Quote from: murad on September 07, 2016, 09:23:19 PM
The universe doesn't care! Why live? Why procreate?
Don't you see the problem with the atheist worldview? You are merely stating your opinion of what you think we ought to do. What if someone else thinks it better to kill and die, why are you right and they wrong?

That's bullshit, he made one post and he was banned. Talk about anti free speech.
The fireworks in my head don't ever seem to stop

FaithIsFilth

Anti-free speech would be the government limiting speech. Not some internet forum.

The rules state '3. Proselytizing (attempts to convert people to a religion/belief system by means of preaching) is allowed as long as intelligent discourse follows, and as long as it is not spam.'

It was a hit and run post. No discourse, let alone intelligent discourse, was planned by the OP. Therefore, everyone was wasting their time by responding to OP. Now that OP is banned, people won't waste their time by responding to him. AF isn't Twitter or Facebook.

Hydra009

PickelledEggs

Quote from: DeltaEpsilon on September 08, 2016, 07:41:33 PM
That's bullshit, he made one post and he was banned. Talk about anti free speech.
I was going to let him stay, but then I noticed he was a sock. I noticed those couple accounts overlapped, but I wanted to wait to make sure it wasn't a coincidence.

Gawdzilla Sama

The First Church of the Holey Sock has lodged a complaint with the Council of Nicea.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Cavebear

I would ask what a sock is, but some smart ass would just tell me it goes between your feet and your shoes.

Anyway, I like being an atheist because it led to a house and a car and cable TV and a steady supply of moderately-priced decent wine when I stay up all night.  As opposed to a muddy cave begging the lightening god not to strike me.  LOL!
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Cavebear on October 26, 2016, 09:51:02 AM
I would ask what a sock is, but some smart ass would just tell me it goes between your feet and your shoes.
"Sock" is short for "sockpuppet", an entity being operated by someone off screen, and a weak copy of a real person. Few people do socks for a reasonable purpose, most are just to support some agenda.
PZ Myers

Cavebear

SGOS

Quote from: Cavebear on October 26, 2016, 01:50:04 PM
That make sense.  Thank you.  I think.

He's being serious.  "Sock puppet" is so commonly used that I'm surprised you weren't familiar with it.  I've never fully understood the motivation for sock puppeting.  It's an odd deception that doesn't have much practical value.  Almost all forums will ban someone for doing it.

Cavebear

I'm an old fart who doesn't use social media.  LOL!    And you kids get OFF my lawn!  You will kill all the weeds! They're good on my salads.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Cavebear on October 26, 2016, 03:06:43 PM
I'm an old fart who doesn't use social media.  LOL!    And you kids get OFF my lawn!  You will all the weeds! They're good on my salads.
I'm only 65 myself, but I still use Urbandictionary.com frequently. "PITA" for example, is not a type of Mexican food.
PZ Myers