10 years in jail and 2,000 lashes for tweeting that he was an atheist

Started by pr126, September 01, 2016, 11:41:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solomon Zorn

QuoteI agree that our Morals can be influenced by the people you come into contact with. This does not mean they are right though. There still had to be a source of what is morally good.  Things like not murdering someone or stealing. 
Morals are not “Right” or “Wrong” in some absolute sense. They are subjective to the human experience. The only source is human. The only beneficiaries are human. It's all just human.

QuoteYou care to point out any contradictions in the bible? 
Here's one: How did Judas die, and what did he do with the 50 shekels of silver?
Did he buy a field, and fall headlong in it, and burst open? Or did he throw the silver into the temple and go and hang himself?

Quote"Thinking it over" is not biological. Where do our thoughts come from?  Where is our mind in our body? 
“Thinking it over,” is most certainly a biological process. Although in your particular case, I don't think a lobotomy would make much difference, most people use their brain to think. And the brain is biological.

QuoteI do not believe morality needs room to grow. It is a never changing standard. When we start changing what is morally acceptable we open the door to all kinds of things.
Like freed slaves, and women's rights, and gay rights, and all those modern sensibilities that are going to destroy our culture?
If God Exists, Why Does He Pretend Not to Exist?
Poetry and Proverbs of the Uneducated Hick

http://www.solomonzorn.com

DeltaEpsilon

Quote from: Kaleb5000 on September 07, 2016, 07:08:54 PM

Thank you for your answers.

The link you posted is a Muslim site and every argument made on it has a counter argument. I do not have time to go through all of them. But no where in the bible or on that link does it say the earth is flat.

Revelation 7:1 mentions the four corners of the earth. But it does not say the world is flat.  It could be referring to North south east and west.

Why is it perfectly ok to sing a song about the ends of the earth without being accused of thinking the world is flat.

Or when when say the sun rises and sets we know it doesn't do that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think so. I think the Bible implies the earth is flat because the scribes that wrote the bible thought so. There are plenty of scientific mistakes and improbabilities. the Bible states that the earth is more or less 6,000 years old.
The fireworks in my head don't ever seem to stop

Baruch

Quote from: Kaleb5000 on September 07, 2016, 07:13:30 PM

My experience tells me there is a God. So if both our experiences come to opposite conclusions one of us has to be wrong. Experience does not always dictate truth.

That last part lost me. Are you saying you are a Demi-God?

Wrong again.  There is not a single truth ... that is a metaphysical prejudice.  And yes, everyone, including myself, is a demi-god.  That is why I labor here chopping heads off the Hydra.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Kaleb5000

Quote from: DeltaEpsilon on September 08, 2016, 05:13:03 PM
I don't think so. I think the Bible implies the earth is flat because the scribes that wrote the bible thought so. There are plenty of scientific mistakes and improbabilities. the Bible states that the earth is more or less 6,000 years old.

Can you prove the age of the earth? Where does the bible say how old the earth is?

Kaleb5000

Quote from: Baruch on September 08, 2016, 07:11:12 PM
Wrong again.  There is not a single truth ... that is a metaphysical prejudice.  And yes, everyone, including myself, is a demi-god.  That is why I labor here chopping heads off the Hydra.

Would you mind explaining how there is no single truth?

Baruch

Quote from: Kaleb5000 on September 08, 2016, 08:00:37 PM

Can you prove the age of the earth? Where does the bible say how old the earth is?

Irrelevant.  Anything more than three months ago is irrelevant to an American ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Kaleb5000 on September 08, 2016, 08:06:29 PM
Would you mind explaining how there is no single truth?

If I am partially right and partially wrong ... and you are, but in a different fashion ... then are we both right and both wrong?  Being right or wrong is a condition of a demonstrable situation, not a predicate of a statement.  Logicians get this wrong all the time.  Reality is contingent ... there is no clear right or wrong ... statement wise.  Logic that is about something other than reality (aka tautology or contradiction) is a waste of time.

Example ... say I have lost one of the fingers on my right hand.  Then there is the reality that I do or do not have all my fingers on my right hand.  But rhetoricians don't worry about demonstration, they are all about bullshit legal argument ... they worry if the statement "Baruch has all his fingers on his right hand" has a truth value of T or F.  That isn't the same.  You can eat a hard boiled egg, but you can't eat a statement about a hard boiled egg ... no matter what its truth value.  Words are mostly used to obscure reality, not reveal it.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

DeltaEpsilon

Quote from: Kaleb5000 on September 08, 2016, 08:00:37 PM

More or less, yes. It has been calculated with mathematics and science, something you probably have no knowledge of. The Bible doesn't explicitly state that the earth is 6000 years old, that wouldn't make sense. http://creation.com/6000-years, https://answersingenesis.org/age-of-the-earth/how-old-is-the-earth/.
The fireworks in my head don't ever seem to stop

Baruch

Quote from: DeltaEpsilon on September 09, 2016, 08:07:21 PM
More or less, yes. It has been calculated with mathematics and science, something you probably have no knowledge of. The Bible doesn't explicitly state that the earth is 6000 years old, that wouldn't make sense. http://creation.com/6000-years, https://answersingenesis.org/age-of-the-earth/how-old-is-the-earth/.

I rely on my Bishop Ussher app to do all my calculating ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: DeltaEpsilon on September 09, 2016, 08:07:21 PM

Yes, they couldn't count to 6,000 back then...  But that doesn't explain modern-day nuts.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!