10 years in jail and 2,000 lashes for tweeting that he was an atheist

Started by pr126, September 01, 2016, 11:41:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pr126

10 years in jail and 2,000 lashes for tweeting that he was an atheist
QuoteA COURT in Saudi Arabia has sentenced a man to ten years in prison and 2,000 lashes for expressing his atheism on Twitter.

The 28-year-old reportedly refused to repent, insisting what he wrote reflected his beliefs and that he had the right to express them.

The hardline Islamic state’s religious police in charge of monitoring social networks found more than 600 tweets denying the existence of God, ridiculing Koranic verses, accusing all prophets of lies and saying their teaching fuelled hostilities.

The court also fined him around £4,000.

He was sentenced under a controversial law that defines atheism as “terrorism”.

pr126

I did not read anywhere that a terrorist who is actually following the Quran and Muhammad ever got 2000 lashes and 10 years in prison in Saudi or elsewhere.

So their understanding of "terrorist" is different from non Muslims.

No, the terrorist get this instead

Gawdzilla Sama

QuoteHe was sentenced under a controversial law that defines atheism as “terrorism”.

Yeah, the Saudis know terrorism when they have dinner with it.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

The Skeletal Atheist

Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

drunkenshoe

QuoteA dyslexic  agnostic with insomnia tossed and turned all night wondering if there was a dog after all............
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Solomon Zorn

Quote from: drunkenshoe on September 03, 2016, 04:53:39 AM
A dyslexic  agnostic with insomnia tossed and turned all night wondering if there was a dog after all............
I would have said, "A dyslexic, agnostic insomniac tossed and turned till dawn, while wondering if there was a dog............
Just a small change, but it renders a quadruple/triple alliteration. :weed:
If God Exists, Why Does He Pretend Not to Exist?
Poetry and Proverbs of the Uneducated Hick

http://www.solomonzorn.com

Solomon Zorn

Solomon Zorn

Islamic laws are notoriously cruel. Not that it's exclusive to Muslims, it's just that there seems to be no real progress toward changing that kind of insanity in so many various nations.

Human rights, are more than just a fancy concept for the fortunate. They are something we all owe to each other, and hope for ourselves.

DeltaEpsilon

They also will cut your hand off if you are caught stealing. Here is the list:

SHARI'A LAW:

• Theft is punishable by amputation of the right hand (above).
• Criticizing or denying any part of the Quran is punishable by death.
• Criticizing Muhammad or denying that he is a prophet is punishable by death.
• Criticizing or denying Allah, the god of Islam is punishable by death.
• A Muslim who becomes a non-Muslim is punishable by death.
• A non-Muslim who leads a Muslim away from Islam is punishable by death.
• A non-Muslim man who marries a Muslim woman is punishable by death.
• A man can marry an infant girl and consummate the marriage when she is 9 years old.
• Girls' clitoris should be cut (Muhammad's words, Book 41, Kitab Al-Adab, Hadith 5251).
• A woman can have 1 husband, who can have up to 4 wives; Muhammad can have more.
• A man can beat his wife for insubordination.
• A man can unilaterally divorce his wife; a woman needs her husband's consent to divorce.
• A divorced wife loses custody of all children over 6 years of age or when they exceed it.
• Testimonies of four male witnesses are required to prove rape against a woman.
• A woman who has been raped cannot testify in court against her rapist(s).
• A woman's testimony in court, allowed in property cases, carries ½ the weight of a man's.
• A female heir inherits half of what a male heir inherits.
• A woman cannot drive a car, as it leads to fitnah (upheaval).
• A woman cannot speak alone to a man who is not her husband or relative.
• Meat to eat must come from animals that have been sacrificed to Allah - i.e., be "Halal".
• Muslims should engage in Taqiyya and lie to non-Muslims to advance Islam.

Completely barbaric and primitive. One day humans will look back on this stuff and think how stupid everyone from the past was.
The fireworks in my head don't ever seem to stop

Solomon Zorn

Quote from: DeltaEpsilon on September 03, 2016, 10:48:56 AM
They also will cut your hand off if you are caught stealing. Here is the list:

SHARI'A LAW:

• Theft is punishable by amputation of the right hand (above).
• Criticizing or denying any part of the Quran is punishable by death.
• Criticizing Muhammad or denying that he is a prophet is punishable by death.
• Criticizing or denying Allah, the god of Islam is punishable by death.
• A Muslim who becomes a non-Muslim is punishable by death.
• A non-Muslim who leads a Muslim away from Islam is punishable by death.
• A non-Muslim man who marries a Muslim woman is punishable by death.
• A man can marry an infant girl and consummate the marriage when she is 9 years old.
• Girls' clitoris should be cut (Muhammad's words, Book 41, Kitab Al-Adab, Hadith 5251).
• A woman can have 1 husband, who can have up to 4 wives; Muhammad can have more.
• A man can beat his wife for insubordination.
• A man can unilaterally divorce his wife; a woman needs her husband's consent to divorce.
• A divorced wife loses custody of all children over 6 years of age or when they exceed it.
• Testimonies of four male witnesses are required to prove rape against a woman.
• A woman who has been raped cannot testify in court against her rapist(s).
• A woman's testimony in court, allowed in property cases, carries ½ the weight of a man's.
• A female heir inherits half of what a male heir inherits.
• A woman cannot drive a car, as it leads to fitnah (upheaval).
• A woman cannot speak alone to a man who is not her husband or relative.
• Meat to eat must come from animals that have been sacrificed to Allah - i.e., be "Halal".
• Muslims should engage in Taqiyya and lie to non-Muslims to advance Islam.

Completely barbaric and primitive. One day humans will look back on this stuff and think how stupid everyone from the past was.
Forgive me for being an uneducated hick, but is Sharia law used as civil law in Saudi Arabia? I mean whipping is bad enough, but do they actually practice amputation? I thought they had at least outgrown that part of their religion.

Shiranu

I think amputation is still used in SA, as well as alot of the Middle East and Africa (and some parts of Asia).
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

The Skeletal Atheist

Quote from: Solomon Zorn on September 03, 2016, 01:00:09 PM
Forgive me for being an uneducated hick, but is Sharia law used as civil law in Saudi Arabia? I mean whipping is bad enough, but do they actually practice amputation? I thought they had at least outgrown that part of their religion.
Amputations all the way. The same guy who beheads people does the amputations.
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

Kaleb5000

Quote from: Solomon Zorn on September 03, 2016, 09:12:14 AM
Islamic laws are notoriously cruel. Not that it's exclusive to Muslims, it's just that there seems to be no real progress toward changing that kind of insanity in so many various nations.

Human rights, are more than just a fancy concept for the fortunate. They are something we all owe to each other, and hope for ourselves.

What are human rights?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DeltaEpsilon

Quote from: Kaleb5000 on September 03, 2016, 02:27:50 PM
What are human rights?

Things each human deserves. They don't objectively but are part of our biological instincts.
The fireworks in my head don't ever seem to stop

Kaleb5000

Quote from: DeltaEpsilon on September 03, 2016, 02:31:36 PM
Things each human deserves. They don't objectively but are part of our biological instincts.

How does our biological makeup say what you or I deserve?

If our bodies are made up of oxygen, carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen, calcium, and phosphorus which one of these tell us as a human race what our rights are?