News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

God is Dead

Started by RocketLauncher13, September 01, 2016, 08:30:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Absurd Atheist on September 09, 2016, 06:19:45 PM
Of course they won't test the airliner themselves, or else they might get killed or something. After all maybe they didn't pray hard enough.

Lots of passengers pray on airlines, during or not during air turbulence.  Don't laugh, unless you bring your own barf bag.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

trdsf

Quote from: Blackleaf on September 07, 2016, 02:52:34 AM
Well, first of all, matter has four states, not three. The fourth is plasma. Second, out of these three, only one actually exists: matter. Time and space are just measurements. God is not claimed to be a measurement, but a real person. Third, even if matter did have only three forms, they could only be one at once. You will never find an object that is a solid, liquid, and gas at the same time. It has to be one or the other. Yet they claim that God is three persons at once, but he's not three separate gods.

Oh, shit. I just made a trinity. Umm... Well, I guess that means that God really is three and one.

EDIT: Oh yeah. And I believe that space is believed to have more than four dimensions as well. Something to do with quarks or quantum strings or whatever. So space may not even be a trinity either.
I think matter has seven states now, including Bose-Einstein condensates, quark-gluon plasmas, and neutron-degenerate matter, but those are all rather extreme states under specialized conditions.

Hmmm... seven states... seven days to create the World...

And I think the current state of string theory implies space is ten- or eleven-dimensional but the extra six or seven are curled up into Calabi-Yau manifolds on the sub-subatomic level.

Hmmm... ten dimensions... ten commandments...

I think the broader point is that humans are supreme pattern matchers.  Or, as Robert Anton Wilson put it when discussing the so-called '23 Enigma', "When you start looking for something you tend to find it."
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

SGOS

Quote from: trdsf on September 10, 2016, 03:13:47 PM
I think matter has seven states now, including Bose-Einstein condensates, quark-gluon plasmas, and neutron-degenerate matter, but those are all rather extreme states under specialized conditions.

Hmmm... seven states... seven days to create the World...

And I think the current state of string theory implies space is ten- or eleven-dimensional but the extra six or seven are curled up into Calabi-Yau manifolds on the sub-subatomic level.

Hmmm... ten dimensions... ten commandments...

I think the broader point is that humans are supreme pattern matchers.  Or, as Robert Anton Wilson put it when discussing the so-called '23 Enigma', "When you start looking for something you tend to find it."

So what you're telling me is that my grade school education was a complete waste of time.

Cavebear

Grade school probably got you into high school.  Beyond that I have no idea.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!