News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

God is Dead

Started by RocketLauncher13, September 01, 2016, 08:30:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

widdershins

Quote from: Unbeliever on September 07, 2016, 07:27:35 PM
There's also the trinity of quark generations, u-d, s-c, t-b. I just found out that quarks may not be fundamental particles.

The number 3 seems to be embedded many places in our cosmic structure
The human brain is very, very good at spotting patterns, even when no pattern exists.
This sentence is a lie...

sdelsolray

Quote from: Unbeliever on September 07, 2016, 07:27:35 PM
The number 3 seems to be embedded many places in our cosmic structure

So are the numbers 1, 2, 4, 5 and 6, among others.

Blackleaf

Quote from: Kaleb5000 on September 08, 2016, 06:33:33 AM
Is the trinity a single object?

He's a single god, although he is also three separate "persons." So he is both one person and three persons at the same time. Hence my question.

Quote from: Kaleb5000 on September 08, 2016, 06:33:33 AMNo we are not two in one. We are individuals. This question is irrelevant. This is not a good comparison to the other examples given in this thread.

It's no more irrelevant than the example of states of matter, or three places in time, or the three dimensions of space. No matter what example you give, you cannot make sense out of the Holy Trinity. There is nothing in the world that is similar to the concept of one person being three. Even if you cloned someone twice, each clone would still be their own individual.

This Holy Trinity speaks to himself, withhold information from itself, has different personalities (the Holy Spirit being the least willing to forgive, Jesus actually giving a fuck about people's problems enough to fix them), and yet they are not three separate gods. No, they're one... How does that make any sense?
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Baruch

Quote from: widdershins on September 08, 2016, 09:52:53 AM
The human brain is very, very good at spotting patterns, even when no pattern exists.

False patterns, if often occurring, are still useful.  See classical physics.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Blackleaf on September 08, 2016, 03:05:30 AM
Have you ever seen a single object that was simultaneously a solid, liquid, and a gas all at once? No. But even if you did, it wouldn't make the Holy Trinity any less ridiculous.

You and I are not the same person, but we are both human. Are we two in one? Are we one human, two persons?

At the triple point, at a certain pressure and temperature, water exists as gas, liquid and solid at the same time and place.  Checkmate!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Kaleb5000 on September 08, 2016, 06:33:33 AM
Is the trinity a single object?

No we are not two in one. We are individuals. This question is irrelevant. This is not a good comparison to the other examples given in this thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Psychology says we are not individuals ... we are a community of personalities, that sometimes share the same consensus!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Kaleb5000

Quote from: Blackleaf on September 08, 2016, 06:34:23 PM
He's a single god, although he is also three separate "persons." So he is both one person and three persons at the same time. Hence my question.

It's no more irrelevant than the example of states of matter, or three places in time, or the three dimensions of space. No matter what example you give, you cannot make sense out of the Holy Trinity. There is nothing in the world that is similar to the concept of one person being three. Even if you cloned someone twice, each clone would still be their own individual.

This Holy Trinity speaks to himself, withhold information from itself, has different personalities (the Holy Spirit being the least willing to forgive, Jesus actually giving a fuck about people's problems enough to fix them), and yet they are not three separate gods. No, they're one... How does that make any sense?

Why must you be so aggressive and swear like you do?  I can't take you serious when talk the way you do. I'm just having a conversation. Why the anger?

Kaleb5000

Quote from: Baruch on September 08, 2016, 06:57:45 PM
Psychology says we are not individuals ... we are a community of personalities, that sometimes share the same consensus!

I would say we are individuals who are similar to other individuals.

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: Kaleb5000 on September 08, 2016, 08:02:54 PMWhy must you be so aggressive and swear like you do?  I can't take you serious when talk the way you do. I'm just having a conversation. Why the anger?
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Sal1981

There's also plasma, like stars and other hot stuff.

Also a lump of matter CAN be in 3 states at once, it's called its triplepoint.

Sendt fra min SM-G920F med Tapatalk

Absurd Atheist

Quote from: Kaleb5000 on September 08, 2016, 08:02:54 PM

Why must you be so aggressive and swear like you do?  I can't take you serious when talk the way you do. I'm just having a conversation. Why the anger?

How to Dodge Logic Like a Pro, by Kaleb5000
"To have faith is to lose your mind and to win God."
-The Sickness unto Death - 1849

Solomon Zorn

Kaleb doesn't need logic, to build an argument. After all, engineers don't need to measure, when designing a airliner. They can just eyeball it. I'm sure it will be just as good.
If God Exists, Why Does He Pretend Not to Exist?
Poetry and Proverbs of the Uneducated Hick

http://www.solomonzorn.com

widdershins

Quote from: Solomon Zorn on September 09, 2016, 01:19:05 PM
Kaleb doesn't need logic, to build an argument. After all, engineers don't need to measure, when designing a airliner. They can just eyeball it. I'm sure it will be just as good.
They would get better results if they were to pray that the measurements were all good.
This sentence is a lie...

Absurd Atheist

Quote from: widdershins on September 09, 2016, 01:47:14 PM
They would get better results if they were to pray that the measurements were all good.

Of course they won't test the airliner themselves, or else they might get killed or something. After all maybe they didn't pray hard enough.
"To have faith is to lose your mind and to win God."
-The Sickness unto Death - 1849

Baruch

Quote from: Solomon Zorn on September 09, 2016, 01:19:05 PM

Worked for Terydactyl Airlines on the Flintstones ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.