Here is your chance: Prove Ivan Panin wrong

Started by GTR-1, August 29, 2016, 08:26:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Even if you had an original work by Jesus himself, in the original Aramaic ... the original not a copy ... you would have nothing.  Reconstructions are pointless.  We have original documents from 200 CE onward, that are complete or nearly so.  That is good enough empirical evidence ... for writings.  Not for G-d, not for Jesus or Paul.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Solomon Zorn

Quote from: GTR-1 on August 29, 2016, 08:26:07 PM
This is an atheist forum, so what better place to write this thread? :P

Russian mathematician Ivan Panin discovered the heptadic structure a century ago. Skeptics claim that it's only coincidence and that it can easily be written by anyone. So I am here to request that a person be the contender and actually produce such a genealogy and prove once and for all that Ivan Panin was an idiot.
Not an idiot, necessarily. Just an overzealous believer.

Every seventh number is divisible by seven. I often write poems of seven stanzas with seven syllables per line. It wouldn't be such a phenomenal feat, to adjust the wording of a list, such as a made-up genealogy, to feature the number seven prominently in its construction.

Quote from: GTR-1What you have do to, is write an entirely fictional genealogy and fulfill all of the requirements below. You are free to use any computer programs that you believe would be able to help you in your mission. I wish you luck and I am positive that you will not be able to do it, exactly because it's divinely inspired. Who is going to take on the challenge?

(1) The total number of letters has to be divisible by seven
(2) The total number of words has to be divisible by seven
(3) The total number of names has to be divisible by seven
(4) The total number of vowels has to be divisible by seven
(5) The total number of nouns has to be divisible by seven
(6) The total number of generations has to be divisible by seven
(7) The total number of male names has to be divisible by seven
(8) The total number of words that begin with a vowel must be divisible by seven
(9) The total number of words that begin with a noun must be divisible by seven  I think you mean, "sentences."
(10) The total number of words that appear in one form must be divisible by seven
(11) The total number of words that appear only once must be divisible by seven
(12) The total number of words that begin with a consonant must be divisible by seven
Shouldn't require much more, than the addition of seven superfluous words, to fill all the gaps. Made easier still by the inclusion of made-up names, where you can start with a vowel or consonant as you please, vary the number of syllables at will, and most are used only once.

I don't feel like proving my theory myself, as I have other things to do, besides write a fake genealogy, but I encourage someone to go for it. It's going to  be easier than you think.
If God Exists, Why Does He Pretend Not to Exist?
Poetry and Proverbs of the Uneducated Hick

http://www.solomonzorn.com

Solomon Zorn

Quote from: stromboli on August 30, 2016, 08:45:15 AM
http://users.cecs.anu.edu.au/~bdm/dilugim/panin_mark.html

Didn't see this one till after posting mine. So he fudged the science. Guess I shouldn't be surprised. Still, I hold that it wouldn't be that monumental of a task, to write something like that.
If God Exists, Why Does He Pretend Not to Exist?
Poetry and Proverbs of the Uneducated Hick

http://www.solomonzorn.com

Cavebear

First, what text.  English Aremaic or Egyptian?  That alone negates any numerology.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!