News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Weiner Sexting Again

Started by SGOS, August 29, 2016, 03:47:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllPurposeAtheist

He at least has the entirely appropriate name for whatever you want to call his sexting problem.. He's made a characature of himself for sure.. Oh well.. I'm over it.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Mermaid on August 30, 2016, 06:19:16 PM
You just can't make shit like this up.

Sure. I didn't mean it can't be real. It's just very alien to me because it is not something I can put in some context. I don't see it as 'oh he is nuts' in a negative or positive way, but just curious what is behind it. Literally as in what is this, what's the nature, reason of a person acting this way?

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: drunkenshoe on August 31, 2016, 06:24:10 AM
Sure. I didn't mean it can't be real. It's just very alien to me because it is not something I can put in some context. I don't see it as 'oh he is nuts' in a negative or positive way, but just curious what is behind it. Literally as in what is this, what's the nature, reason of a person acting this way?

Compulsive disorder of some sort, but as with most politicians I suspect it's ego driven nonsense. There's probably some aspect of the perceived thrill of thinking he's going to get away with it.  I knew a lot of shoplifters who didn't really need the money, most were drug addicts who supported drug habits, but I can recall the conversation once with a bunch I knew who did it for the adrenaline rush as they went out the door of shops not knowing if they were going to get arrested or not, going to make a run for it to get away..that kind of foolishness.. I suspect Weiner has some similar type of disorder, but who knows?
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

SGOS

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on August 31, 2016, 07:10:42 AM
Compulsive disorder of some sort, but as with most politicians I suspect it's ego driven nonsense. There's probably some aspect of the perceived thrill of thinking he's going to get away with it.  I knew a lot of shoplifters who didn't really need the money, most were drug addicts who supported drug habits, but I can recall the conversation once with a bunch I knew who did it for the adrenaline rush as they went out the door of shops not knowing if they were going to get arrested or not, going to make a run for it to get away..that kind of foolishness.. I suspect Weiner has some similar type of disorder, but who knows?

Obsessive compulsive disorder.  I'd bet money.  If he could stop, that's harder to explain. 

The Skeletal Atheist

With a last name like Wiener you are obligated to send people dick pics. That's just the way the world works.
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

Baruch

He will fit in, as the Secretary of Sex, in the new Bill Clinton II administration ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

SGOS

Just imagine if you had grown up with the name "Weiner."  About the time you started searching for a purpose in your life, what would be the logical direction you might travel, especially after all the endless hours spent obsessing over your misfortune?

Mermaid

Quote from: drunkenshoe on August 31, 2016, 06:24:10 AM

He is a congressman who was caught sending people dick pics, and then resigned, and then a couple of years later, was caught doing it again. Why? That is anyone's guess.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Mermaid

Oh, and his name is WEINER. Just in case you didn't catch that.  :djparty:
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

PickelledEggs

#dicksoutforharambe

Sent from your mom.

drunkenshoe

Power and status affect everyone differently. It's also very heavily stressful career esp. in the US and a few people actually handle that life. While some people can keep some sort of distance between their private lives-habits and their key role as a public political figure some of them are not really that able.

Successful politicians are a bit like aristocrats without 'birth rights' who are treated as if their person is not belonged to themselves after a point in their career. This is not something about them necessarily, but about the job, media and how it gets percieved in society. They are constantly told what to say and what to do, how to look, talk, live their lives...etc. And they are always a target in the media, under scrutiny.

I would go further and say that this could be actually something he developed as a 'coping mechanism' to deal with whatever he can't deal in that life. Could be anything. When people are under strict control and scrutiny 24/7 in all aspects of their lives it is actually 'normal' that some of them will give a reaction just to undermine it consciously or unconsiously when they cannot handle their situation. Don't get me wrong, I am not trying to victimise him. We, all humans do this kind of stuff, it is just in different ways and scale, but when certain circumstances come together; public figure, politics, some sort of censored exhibitionism it becomes something else.

This is not just some 'sexting', but looks like something he does so he would get caught as it is obvious he would. As far as I understand he didn't send naked pics of his penis, but in underwear. That tells me he still has some sort of control on this conscious and unconsious act that will surely get attention and punish him. So I don't think it is about the act itself, but its consequences and how it conflicts with his status and station in life. Like one a big destructive channel of a coping mechanism. Think of it like a 'punishment and reward' at the same time; huge relief.

That man needs to get therapy or may be accept that he cannot handle his status and get a new career.

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Baruch

Some people expect to get away with it, others expect to get caught.  One is a sadist, the other is a masochist.  Only two types of people, choose wisely.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.