News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Gene Wilder (Aged 83) has died

Started by Hijiri Byakuren, August 29, 2016, 05:26:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hijiri Byakuren

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/08/29/legendary-comedic-actor-gene-wilder-dead-at-83.html?via=desktop&source=copyurl
QuoteWilder's nephew told the Associated Press that the actor died late Sunday night in Stamford, Connecticut, due to complications from Alzheimer's disease. Born Jerome Silberman on June 11, 1933 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, he first adopted the stage name Gene Wilder at age of 26.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

SGOS

I guess the Alzheimer's explains why I've missed him these past years.  I always enjoyed his over-acting, and I should go out and buy a copy of Willy Wonka, but Amazon probably raised the price today.

stromboli

Happy he no longer suffers from Alzheimer's. Had a brother that had it. He was an icon. The Producers with Zero Mostel is a true classic and much better than the remake. Sayonara to a good man.

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

trdsf

Just heard about this.  I'm going to get my copy of Young Frankenstein and watch the hell out of it.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Munch

The candy man can, cause he mixes it with love and makes the world taste good.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Solomon Zorn

One of the greats. A lot of hilarious movies. My favorite is probably "See No Evil, Hear No Evil." I've never got around to watching "Young Frankenstein" though.
If God Exists, Why Does He Pretend Not to Exist?
Poetry and Proverbs of the Uneducated Hick

http://www.solomonzorn.com

Shiranu

Quote from: SGOS on August 29, 2016, 05:36:40 PM
I guess the Alzheimer's explains why I've missed him these past years.  I always enjoyed his over-acting, and I should go out and buy a copy of Willy Wonka, but Amazon probably raised the price today.

He became a recluse after his wife died... his life from that moment has been one of pain more or less since then.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

drunkenshoe

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp