News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

The hard liquor thread

Started by Mr.Obvious, August 24, 2016, 03:34:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Cavebear on November 11, 2016, 10:29:50 AM
I'm pretty sure my cats say that every is "unner the couch".
If it was always "unner the couch" then you'd know where to look for it. As that simply isn't something a cat would do, it must be wrong.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Cavebear

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on November 11, 2016, 10:39:02 AM
If it was always "unner the couch" then you'd know where to look for it. As that simply isn't something a cat would do, it must be wrong.

Well, to be fair, they consider all places in the house to be "unner the couch".  To them it is sort of like "outside" in unspecificity.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Gawdzilla Sama

Found a very nice Speyside last week, "Rogganmore."
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Mr.Obvious

Put some absolut wodka in my coke the other night.
As far as wodka's go, it's not bad. But I'm not a wodka fan. I regret buying the bottle.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

PopeyesPappy

I don't drink much these days. When I do it's usually a good vodka or tequila. For mixing it's Skyy vodka and Cabo tequila. Grey Goose vodka or Herradura tequila chilled for sipping. I do try to keep a variety on hand for guests though. There's usually at least a bourbon, a scotch and a rum to go with the vodka and tequila in the liquor cabinet most of the time.

Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

Gawdzilla Sama

I've got a bottle of anisette I'm afraid to drink.
PZ Myers

Mr.Obvious

Ah the holidays.
Keep your eggnog,

We've got;

Jenevers

"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

trdsf

I invented a new drink.

Juice of half an orange
Dash of bitters
Pony of sweet vermouth
Two ponies of dark (not black) rum

I call it an 'arecibo' - partly because the cocktail glass it's served in vaguely resembles a radio antenna, partly because Puerto Rico is a rum producing region, and mostly because the five other names I picked for it were already in use for other rum-based cocktails.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Mike Cl

Quote from: Baruch on August 24, 2016, 06:56:17 PM
I like whiskey liquer ... Irish Mist, Drambui, Southern Comfort.
Southern Comfort!  Straight.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Mike Cl

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

trdsf

SoCo is too sweet for my taste.  But then, I like gin, so clearly I have no taste buds.  XD
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Mike Cl

Quote from: trdsf on January 07, 2017, 09:37:56 PM
SoCo is too sweet for my taste.  But then, I like gin, so clearly I have no taste buds.  XD
Yeah, it is sweet. But then I like sweet.  I know that Southern Comfort is not for real drinkers--or so I've been told. :) 

trdsf

Quote from: Mike Cl on January 07, 2017, 09:47:02 PM
Yeah, it is sweet. But then I like sweet.  I know that Southern Comfort is not for real drinkers--or so I've been told. :)
Oh, sweet is good in its place.  I love icewine, for example.  I suppose there are good uses for SoCo in cocktails, but I'd rather use a simple syrup and Bulleitt bourbon.

Mike Cl

Quote from: trdsf on January 07, 2017, 10:14:24 PM
Oh, sweet is good in its place.  I love icewine, for example.  I suppose there are good uses for SoCo in cocktails, but I'd rather use a simple syrup and Bulleitt bourbon.
Since I drink it straight, Southern Comfort makes travel easy.  Just one bottle.  On a hot day, a little ice and I'm good to go.

trdsf

Quote from: Mike Cl on January 07, 2017, 10:17:26 PM
Since I drink it straight, Southern Comfort makes travel easy.  Just one bottle.  On a hot day, a little ice and I'm good to go.
I guess I can see that.  I'll stick to Tullamore Dew, personally.