News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

The hard liquor thread

Started by Mr.Obvious, August 24, 2016, 03:34:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Atheon

I found that aged Flor de Caña rum (from Nicaragua) is pretty damn good.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Cavebear

I used to drink beer, but know mostly into Zinfendel wine.  But I love a "Gin Buck" before dinner.  Ice in a Sling glass, 1.5 oz gin, 1 oz lemon juice, topped with ginger ale. With a straw.  I'm no purist.  My other favorite is 1 oz Southern Comfort, .5 Peach Brandy and then the ginger ale. 

You probably all think I'm sick.  LOL!
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Cavebear on November 11, 2016, 05:59:29 AM
I used to drink beer, but know mostly into Zinfendel wine.  But I love a "Gin Buck" before dinner.  Ice in a Sling glass, 1.5 oz gin, 1 oz lemon juice, topped with ginger ale. With a straw.  I'm no purist.  My other favorite is 1 oz Southern Comfort, .5 Peach Brandy and then the ginger ale. 

You probably all think I'm sick.  LOL!
Gin is a sin.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Cavebear

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on November 11, 2016, 06:17:08 AM
Gin is a sin.

Gin has a taste.  Vodka is a crime.  No taste and only for the purpose of getting drunk.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Cavebear on November 11, 2016, 06:21:55 AM
Gin has a taste.  Vodka is a crime.  No taste and only for the purpose of getting drunk.
I drink vodka because I like spicy tomato juice. But if I'm going to drink because I want some liquor then it's Speyside for me.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Cavebear

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on November 11, 2016, 07:00:00 AM
I drink vodka because I like spicy tomato juice. But if I'm going to drink because I want some liquor then it's Speyside for me.

The whole thing about vodka is that it has no taste.  Add some Gin to your tomato juice instead.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Cavebear on November 11, 2016, 08:07:31 AM
The whole thing about vodka is that it has no taste.  Add some Gin to your tomato juice instead.
Gin tastes like alfalfa that has been processed by a milk cow.
PZ Myers

Cavebear

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on November 11, 2016, 08:38:28 AM
Gin tastes like alfalfa that has been processed by a milk cow.

Our cows here don't eat Juniper berries.

So try a Southern Comfort, peach brandy, and ginger ale or (gag) sparkling water instead.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Cavebear on November 11, 2016, 08:59:17 AM
Our cows here don't eat Juniper berries.

So try a Southern Comfort, peach brandy, and ginger ale or (gag) sparkling water instead.
I'm morally opposed to little paper umbrellas.
PZ Myers

Cavebear

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on November 11, 2016, 09:08:42 AM
I'm morally opposed to little paper umbrellas.
I would never waste a perfectly good paper umbrella on a decent cocktail!  They are much better as cat toys.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Cavebear on November 11, 2016, 09:10:37 AM
I would never waste a perfectly good paper umbrella on a decent cocktail!  They are much better as cat toys.
Feline scientists are currently looking for the "not toy" particle. I doubt they'll find it.
PZ Myers

Cavebear

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on November 11, 2016, 09:12:45 AM
Feline scientists are currently looking for the "not toy" particle. I doubt they'll find it.
It is probably under the couch.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Cavebear on November 11, 2016, 10:19:33 AM
It is probably under the couch.
Under the fridge, Toy Bank of Zurich.
PZ Myers

drunkenshoe

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Cavebear

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on November 11, 2016, 10:24:13 AM
Under the fridge, Toy Bank of Zurich.

I'm pretty sure my cats say that every is "unner the couch".